Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Police want the right to strike - thoughts

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:01 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17476976

Do you believe they should be able to strike?
I think this should never happen, its bad enough the fire service are allowed to strike.
If the Police do go on strike who will police the streets? Ill tell you who the military an organisation who is not allowed to strike and is on a lot less money than the average police officer.

Re: Police want the right to strike - thoughts

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 am

After what they done to the miners in 1984-85 no.........they picked their side........made their bed.......so now they have to lay on it.........waved their overtime full pay packets at miners and laughed at people who could not afford christmas presents for their children............we never forget.........never forgive......like scabs they are scum till they die.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 am

Denzil wrote:After what they done to the miners in 1984-85 no.........they picked their side........made their bed.......so now they have to lay on it.........waved their overtime full pay packets at miners and laughed at people who could not afford christmas presents for their children............we never forget.........never forgive......like scabs they are scum till they die.

Of course your rant has no factual basis whatsoever.The police and all emergancy services are entitled to this right in my view.I suppose you could argue if this was to happen they would be able to hold the country to ransom which is not something the miners ever did. :lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:05 am

Of course they should have the right.

As everyone should, if the union you are in deems that to be the correct course of action as deemed a majority by a vote within the union.

You are concerned about who will police the streets if they strike but the way the gov are shafting the police / fire (and everyone else), you will not have anyone to recruit anyway if the conditions are made any worse.

The frustration felt by us all should be taken out when we vote. Total idiots in there now.

For these people to sign up to a job and then work in it for 28 yrs, have their children's future, their mortgage and all finances sorted for when they complete 30 yrs and then in the last 2 yrs be told that your conditions will change. You will now contribute more, work for apporx 5 yrs longer and at the end of your service pension is less :o to me that stinks.

Ok, it may not be ideal, the pension that is in place but they should never be allowed to change the scheme that people have signed up to. Introduce a new scheme for new entrants, yes, as they will then agree to those conditions but going back to the question. If the Police / Fire do not make a stand then it could be our kids later down the line who will be shafted as the scheme they may sign up to (should they chose these professions) will not be worth the paper it is written on, if it can be ripped up and changed when the gov want. So now all of a sudden our children and grand children are suffering because nobody took a stance.

Just my opinion guy's.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 am

I would love for the police to go on strike. I would never ever scab against anyone BUT I would make an exception for the police.

I'd be the first there to cross their picket line and I'd do it with a smile on my face. I still remember the "Scargil pays my mortgage" t-shirts the police used to wear during the miners strike. I remember them filling their car washer bottles with piss and pointing the spray out just to squirt at miners as they drove past them. I'd even do it for FREE!!!

Lets face it they pissed on their own chips. Back in the day every village had a police house and every town had a police station. If the government tried to close any of those, back then, the miners would put a stop on it. They saved their arses more than once and that's how they repaid them. Now ALL the police houses have gone and most of the police stations have gone. Now they are cutting back further. Well Booo Hooo Hooo!!! Serves them right.

Bring it on. For the use that they are anyway we'd do a much better job. The rioting in England last summer only stopped when the public took to the streets. Up to that point the coppers just did nothing. I'll give the police the support they've given me. Sweet FA!!!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 am

PS. A lot of the old police stations in South Wales were actually built by Miners.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Berwyn wrote:I would love for the police to go on strike. I would never ever scab against anyone BUT I would make an exception for the police.

I'd be the first there to cross their picket line and I'd do it with a smile on my face. I still remember the "Scargil pays my mortgage" t-shirts the police used to wear during the miners strike. I remember them filling their car washer bottles with piss and pointing the spray out just to squirt at miners as they drove past them. I'd even do it for FREE!!!

Lets face it they pissed on their own chips. Back in the day every village had a police house and every town had a police station. If the government tried to close any of those, back then, the miners would put a stop on it. They saved their arses more than once and that's how they repaid them. Now ALL the police houses have gone and most of the police stations have gone. Now they are cutting back further. Well Booo Hooo Hooo!!! Serves them right.

Bring it on. For the use that they are anyway we'd do a much better job. The rioting in England last summer only stopped when the public took to the streets. Up to that point the coppers just did nothing. I'll give the police the support they've given me. Sweet FA!!!

Thats the spirit Berwyn.........No surrender in Cefn Hengoed......up the workers :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Can they strike when we play the jacks??

:lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:37 pm

What about us in the military.

Frozen pay rises for 3 years then far less than inflation while the costs of our quarters and charges goes up exponentially. Pension completely screwed over, redundancies up the ying yang, thoses approaching 9 years told no promotion and no being kept on after 9 years if you don't get promoted. Allowances reduced massively. Totally in contrast with MPs. I could go on and on and we are not allowed to strike at all.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Very strange that a Milk Snatcher disciple (Cameron) should turn against Maggie's Stormtroopers (this is a term from the miners strike in the 80s).

I grew up living next to a copper and he was one of the most hateful human beings it has ever been my misfortune to meet. In addition to that, I am a working class Welshman who follows Cardiff City Football Club, so I have plenty of first hand experience of the sometimes unacceptable behaviour of bullies in uniform.

I have to say, though, that I know some serving coppers who are great blokes and do the job with the best intentions and to the best of their abilities and they are, on occasion, put in the firing line by politicians. No matter what flag they fly, I don't trust politicians of any party in this country, although things may change in years to come.

Millions of people in the UK are being cheated, in my opinion and yet we still have a royal family, the House Of Lords and an incredible amount of others who live off the backs of the people.

If the polizei are contemplating striking, then it shows that things must have taken a major turn for the worse, because I never thought I'd hear the day that they'd be doing such a thing.

All these cuts, job losses etc. are affecting the majority, because of mistakes made by the few and yet those few are still sitting on their piles of cash - certain bankers come to mind and so on.

Are we mugs in this country or what?

I've never been a fan of the status quo, because it's unfair to so many of us. Call me what you like, but I want better for myself, my family, my people and my country.

One thing I've been saying for a long time is "if you don't like this country, leave, or do something to improve it."

We've been too complacent in this country for far too long and now we've reached a period where we can improve the quality of life for those who live here and look forward to a better future for our children, if we have the courage to get off our arses - all of us who are affected.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:44 pm

maccydee wrote:What about us in the military.

Frozen pay rises for 3 years then far less than inflation while the costs of our quarters and charges goes up exponentially. Pension completely screwed over, redundancies up the ying yang, thoses approaching 9 years told no promotion and no being kept on after 9 years if you don't get promoted. Allowances reduced massively. Totally in contrast with MPs. I could go on and on and we are not allowed to strike at all.

I agree,you lot have been screwed as far back as I can remember.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
maccydee wrote:What about us in the military.

I agree,you lot have been screwed as far back as I can remember.

They are the loyal ones, not the politicians, yet who gets all the benefits? It's disgusting the way our military personnel are treated, in service and after.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:54 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17476976

Do you believe they should be able to strike?
I think this should never happen, its bad enough the fire service are allowed to strike.
If the Police do go on strike who will police the streets? Ill tell you who the military an organisation who is not allowed to strike and is on a lot less money than the average police officer.

Let them strike on matchdays only between one and seven, and allow them to refuse to use the speed cameras all of the time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Can they strike when we play the jacks??

Oh yes please :lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Denzil wrote:After what they done to the miners in 1984-85 no.........they picked their side........made their bed.......so now they have to lay on it.........waved their overtime full pay packets at miners and laughed at people who could not afford christmas presents for their children............we never forget.........never forgive......like scabs they are scum till they die.

f*cking biggest scabs of all, whilst at orgreave they would be waving £20 notes at us behind their shields.
I still would never cross a picket line, but I would shoot piss over them :x :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Amen, when they do can we all turn up with truncheons and oppress them? where's maggie when you actually need her?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:38 pm

porthcawlcasual wrote:

Amen, when they do can we all turn up with truncheons and oppress them? where's maggie when you actually need her?

We don't need her and we never did.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Won't be long before the streets of Neath are having street parties when the bitch pops her cloggs :lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Won't be long before the streets of Neath are having street parties when the bitch pops her cloggs :lol:

I'll be there.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Can they strike when we play the jacks??

Unfortunately that ain't gonna be for a while.