Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'We wont sell more than 10-12,000 season tcks for next year'

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:53 pm

And in my opinion its not a dig or anything to do with Malky and I hope he realises that.

From what I read on here I understand that 7,000 have renewed already and 1000 new fans bought a ticket before the Carling Cup Final.

I cant see more than 4000 or anywhere near that renewing in the next 7 days.

To be perfectly honest asking people to renew by March 30th to keep their seat is quite frankly taking
the piss.

And is it true that by the end of the season we would have only played 7 of our homes games on a Saturday?

Our of interest what are other clubs policy's, anyone know?

Obviously if we go up this will change, and we will sell out but if we dont
I think we will be back down to 15-16000 crowds next year, especialy if we dont make
the Play Offs.

Sad but true.

Re: 'We wont sell more than 10-12,000 season tcks for next year'

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:55 pm

I Agree aswell we wont sell more than 15,000 at a push!Im getting one though im away member this year so i will be there through good and bad!COME RAIN OR SHINE ILL BE THERE! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm

We will be lucky to get attendances of 15,000/16,000 next season

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:05 pm

We will definitely get above 15,000.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 pm

I don't think its as easy to predict as that. 15000 crowds next year I think is a bit of an over reaction. I won't be surprised if the club pulled another Bellamy type of signing off. Just to really give everyone a lift. Whether we like it or not these type of things can put an extra 5k on our crowds every game. The malaysians IMO know this. Although not on the same scale they sanctioned earnies signing. Knowing that he is a terrace legend at city. So we can't judge it just yet plus this season ain't finished yet.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 pm

JonCCFC wrote:We will definitely get above 15,000.

If we don't make the top 6 this season I reckon between 12,000- 14,000 season ticket holders next season. Fickle fan base in my opinion, we currently have 18,600.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 pm

I think the club have said you have untill the end of May to secure a ST. I got mine in June last year.

But if we dont make any massive superstar signings (like DJ did with Bellers) then we'll be looking at 18-21,000 crowds all season.
However if we do make a big name, premiership signing it will attract higher crowds (just like Bellers did) because people want to see these kinds of players, and entertaining football. Thats why we got a lot of 24/25,000 attendances under DJ. Fast, passing, entertaining football. Something we dont currently have under Malky :(

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:13 pm

CantonJack wrote:I think the club have said you have untill the end of May to secure a ST. I got mine in June last year.

But if we dont make any massive superstar signings (like DJ did with Bellers) then we'll be looking at 18-21,000 crowds all season.
However if we do make a big name, premiership signing it will attract higher crowds (just like Bellers did) because people want to see these kinds of players, and entertaining football. Thats why we got a lot of 24/25,000 attendances under DJ. Fast, passing, entertaining football. Something we dont currently have under Malky :(

You read my mind but I beat you to it :lol:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If we don't make the top 6 this season I reckon between 12,000- 14,000 season ticket holders next season. Fickle fan base in my opinion, we currently have 18,600.

Always been the same Annis. Look at our 1975/76 Div 3 promotion season, last three home games,, Preston NE [12408], Hereford Utd [35501 :o ] & last game Swindon [23412].

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:
CantonJack wrote:I think the club have said you have untill the end of May to secure a ST. I got mine in June last year.

You read my mind but I beat you to it :lol:

b*stard... :lol:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Is that down to the shit football or the Booing Chief ?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:28 pm

i just wonder if this is the reason the Malaysains are over for.

A dramatic drop in Sts and we will soon find out about the Malaysians intent.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:40 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Always been the same Annis. Look at our 1975/76 Div 3 promotion season, last three home games,, Preston NE [12408], Hereford Utd [35501 :o ] & last game Swindon [23412].

Rick, I was just telling my wife the very same crowds.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:i just wonder if this is the reason the Malaysains are over for.

A dramatic drop in Sts and we will soon find out about the Malaysians intent.

Ian, it certainly will.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Lads.

Do you think the lack of Saturday Games is/or will have an impact.

As I said in my opening post, I was told that we will have only played 7 home games on
a Saturday all season.

In my humble opinion aswell I just realy feel March 30th is to soon and people feel presured into doing
it and will just turn round and say, well f**k you then to the club if they lose their seat?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 pm

I honestly feel crowds will go back to 15-16000.

I believe it is easy to predict.

Like Annis said, especialy if we dont make the top 6.

For the past 3-4 seasons, starting with the FA Cup Year there was always a carrott.

This is the first season in a few where there potentialy couldnt be one.

Dont forget, the season we got to the Cup Final our average crowd was 12,000.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:53 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Lads.

As I said in my opening post, I was told that we will have only played 7 home games on
a Saturday all season.

In my humble opinion aswell I just realy feel March 30th is to soon and people feel presured into doing
it and will just turn round and say, well f**k you then to the club if they lose their seat?

Yes but, there again if we were in the Premier they would buy them and they hardly play on a Sat, so just another excuse, when were doing bad.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Lads.

a Saturday all season.

Personally, i think current s/t holders should have until the end of this season to renew [April 30??] & new s/t holders to buy seats ongoing through the summer & into the new season.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 pm

75/76 PNE, Hereford, and Swindon :old: I was at all of those three games. And Bury when we clinched promotion. That Hereford game was the only game ever at Ninian Park that I did not get in by kick off. Went in the eclosure in the end, as the queues for the Bob Bank were too long. Missed the first 10 to 15 mins. Happy days :D Everybody thought that we had messed it up that season too. Nothing new under the sun :ayatollah: It's not over until its mathematically impossible. Lets not give up now, eh?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Just shows that we reley on plastics to get the crowds up, shame really. ive got one for next season cus im a true fan but im sorry most fans take the piss out of the jacks having 14,000 fans when in champsionship but were not better off from that.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 pm

watching football is a consumer good. we are curre ntly not doing very well, which always comes a lack of attendance. why would people want to waste their time and money watching a team lose, when they could take their kids to the park, play football, or do other things that are more entertaining.

People want to be entertained and enjoy themselves, people dont enjoy losing. its a choice on what to spend their disposable income and time on. time is a valiable commodity, we have a lack of it due to work. why would people 'waste time' watching a team put on a dismal perforamce when they can make better use of their time.

why would people spend £27 and spend 3 hours of there day, to watch a team a lose? Your always going to have a harcore elment at each club but the majority of fans are adults with actualy lives eg wife, kids, job, hobbies, no job etc so going to watch cardiff may now become secondary to other priorities.

its not about being fickle, its about making the best use of your free time and money to make the most of your life. not every fan can be a hardcore fan.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:35 am

If season ticket sales are lower than expected,you would have to have your head firmly planted in the sand if you did not put it down to Malk's style of football,his almost total paralysis when it comes to the transfer market and his inability to say openly and honestly that things are not going to plan