Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

question about tg and vt

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:49 pm

This is not in anyway negative about them but Everyone knows these guys are top business men. They are here to get a return on their investment but surely they know the only way this will happen is if we get to the prem. And to get to the prem we need to invest in the team. As far as I can see the longer we are in this league the more money they need to support us. Or are they infact here long term,

Re: question about tg and vt

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:50 pm

I agree they need to give Malky a fund to get players so we get to the prem otherwise its pointless having them here! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Jake Price wrote:I agree they need to give Malky a fund to get players so we get to the prem otherwise its pointless having them here! :ayatollah:

I second that.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:57 pm

I have said similar in other posts. We need about ten or twelve new "quality" players to push on next season. Anything less, & all we will do is go around in circles,,,,& don't forget, when you stop getting better, you start getting worse! :old:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 am

Agree we will need about 8 new QUALITY players to have a chance of keeping a promotion run going longer than FEB 2013!
NO MORE FADING OUT LIKE PREVIOUS SEASONS : :evil:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:12 am

I've mentioned this before, getting to the Premier League is not the answer to financial gain. If you want to be competitive then you have to pay. There are many examples of clubs such as Wigan and Bolton who I would consider established Premier League teams who are over £70 million in debt.

The Premier league to solve your financial problems is a myth. However, for the prestige your owners would gain which I think is what they are after, then no, it seems a bit strange that there isn't a bit more going on with the playing side of things.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 am

I personally believe they will be happy as long as we are challenging for top six and they don't have to pick up a £12m shortfall each season. I am hoping that shortfall will be at least £3m lower this year due to cup run and lower wage bill. I am expecting a similar summer to last year with maybe 10 players coming in but most on free transfers and probably only £2m spent in total. I also wouldnt be surprised if some of our in demand players were sold to cut shortfall down to manageable level.