Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This 5 million????

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Where to has this figure come from?

Has anybody official said in the club that IF it is there is it available to spend on players.

It certainly doesn't sound like to me

Re: This 5 million????

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 pm

carling blue wrote:Where to has this figure come from?

Has anybody official said in the club that IF it is there is it available to spend on players.

is asked the same earlier, also asked where the 20mill figure came from.
If it came from the malaysians I would be suprised

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:40 pm

carling blue wrote:Where to has this figure come from?

It came from Malky officially saying what he bid before the transfer deadline.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:44 pm

He may have said that it was 5 mil but surely that wasn't all cash that surely would have been installments add ons and bonus payments etc ie promotion

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 pm

carling blue wrote:He may have said that it was 5 mil but surely that wasn't all cash that surely would have been installments add ons and bonus payments etc ie promotion

Thats my point its how you offer to pay a club and thats why we dont buy anyone in my opinion.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:47 pm

carling blue wrote:He may have said that it was 5 mil but surely that wasn't all cash that surely would have been installments add ons and bonus payments etc ie promotion

it could also have been a case of bid 3mill for Sordell ''no deal'' next we then move on an enquire about someone else for 1mill ''no deal'' then someone else for 1mill ''no deal'' and so on.... doesnt mean theres a stone wall 5mill there though :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Thats my point its how you offer to pay a club and thats why we dont buy anyone in my opinion.

knowing us annis (from past transfers) they was shamble offers per month spread over 5years or something probly why we couldnt afford the two loan players we pulled out on and any transfers as the parent clubs :lol: @it

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 pm

bluewilba wrote:

it could also have been a case of bid 3mill for Sordell ''no deal'' next we then move on an enquire about someone else for 1mill ''no deal'' then someone else for 1mill ''no deal'' and so on.... doesnt mean theres a stone wall 5mill there though :ayatollah:

Both bids were supposedly around about the same time and Noones, like I have said its easy to make a bid, its how you intend to pay.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:50 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

knowing us annis (from past transfers) they was shamble offers per month spread over 5years or something probly why we couldnt afford the two loan players we pulled out on and any transfers as the parent clubs :lol: @it

I am honestly hearing they were spread over years and hardly any down payments.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 pm

They pulled Sordell out of the game and he expected to sign for Cardiff so it must have been close, just not close enough :cry:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I am honestly hearing they were spread over years and hardly any down payments.

I dont expect anything diffrent from us tbh :shock: Even the TWO loans which im sure you knew about we pulled out of due to wages yet we had all this money weeks before ,how does that make any sence as a fan knowing this :?:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Nearly all football transfers are paid in instalments over several years.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Don't get me wron Annis but I now you are probably right but earlier on you said in your status about which manager has 5 million to spend but didn't spend any of it.

There never has been 5 million lets face it

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 pm

carling blue wrote:Don't get me wron Annis but I now you are probably right but earlier on you said in your status about which manager has 5 million to spend but didn't spend any of it.

There never has been 5 million lets face it

If I am honest, I dont believe there ever was, but they say there was. Hmm

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:03 pm

NJ73 wrote:Nearly all football transfers are paid in instalments over several years.

I agree, but the main thing would be how large was the offer of monies upfront ?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Nearly all football transfers are paid in instalments over several years.

I agree, but the main thing would be how large was the offer of monies upfront ?

Largely irrelevant as if the the selling club needed money up front, they would be able to borrow on the security of the remaining payments.

You're barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Largely irrelevant as if the the selling club needed money up front, they would be able to borrow on the security of the remaining payments.

I stand by what I have said, If you offer the right money and offer enough up front they will sell, I know this for a fact and can not say how, but I have seen it with my own eyes at the City.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I stand by what I have said, If you offer the right money and offer enough up front they will sell, I know this for a fact and can not say how, but I have seen it with my own eyes at the City.

And I respectfully disagree.

You also said that you want your club to be run on a sustainable basis but then moan when they don't spend money over and above what is brought in.

Can't have it both ways.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Well anyway windows are closed now

This season was all about rebuilding the team as to how malky wants it

Every fan at the beginning of the season would settle for mid table.

For me this season has been a success. We had a good start to the seaso it raised everyone's expectation levels etc and now we are in a bit of a slump

Wake up fans we have also had another cup final at wembley don't forget!!!