Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Atmosphere at CCS

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm

It has to be said that the atmosphere at the stadium is getting worse, I am sat in the ninian stand and there are people sat around me and my mates who are moaning even if you get up and have a good rant, there is a group of muppets two rows down and all they are interested is tucking into a rucksack of grub at haf time. The rucksack is so heavy fat boy can hardly lift it and his mate on the end cant contain his excitment when the crisps are being passed out.

I look forward more and more to away games and cant wait for Sunday when there will be a proper atmosphere generated from Cardiff fans, who support the boys no matter what and at least we wont see Cardiff fans leaving 10-15 mins from the end.

Walking down Sloper Road last night my mate and myself overheard a so called Cardiff fan more worried about the Spurs result one word for him tw*t.

A good mate of mine is a Millwall season ticket holder and he cannot believe the atmosphere down there and commented how much it has changed.
There has to be a serious rethink with regards to trying to get back an atmosphere

Re: Atmosphere at CCS

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:34 pm

rumneyblue wrote:It has to be said that the atmosphere at the stadium is getting worse, I am sat in the ninian stand and there are people sat around me and my mates who are moaning even if you get up and have a good rant, there is a group of muppets two rows down and all they are interested is tucking into a rucksack of grub at haf time. The rucksack is so heavy fat boy can hardly lift it and his mate on the end cant contain his excitment when the crisps are being passed out.

I look forward more and more to away games and cant wait for Sunday when there will be a proper atmosphere generated from Cardiff fans, who support the boys no matter what and at least we wont see Cardiff fans leaving 10-15 mins from the end.

Walking down Sloper Road last night my mate and myself overheard a so called Cardiff fan more worried about the Spurs result one word for him tw*t.

A good mate of mine is a Millwall season ticket holder and he cannot believe the atmosphere down there and commented how much it has changed.
There has to be a serious rethink with regards to trying to get back an atmosphere

People like that in my block.

I've always believed that if you go to a match, you support your team, not sit there in silence. There seem to be more and more people these days who are quite happy to sit down as if they are at the cinema. It's their choice, but I just wish we could put them all together, just as the club have tried to get all the "singers" in the Canton Stand.

My favourite unintentional comedy moment is when people, who are sat down and politely clapping, chant "Barmy Army" - it never ceases to make me laugh.

Re: Atmosphere at CCS

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:19 pm

With regards to the atmosphere,i couldn't agree more it's pathetic!!
People blame the stadium??what utter tripe??
Atmosphere is created by fans(not in our case).
So the blame lies solely at the feet of the supporters,
many former military colleauges of mine have visited
the CCS with their teams and tell me they cant believe the difference
in atmosphere between old and new...???

I personally feel most fans have out grown alot of the song's
and chants.....and its time for a overhaul??

Maybe the club should get involved and dish out prizes for any
new song's or chant's????? Gotta be worth a bash!!