Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Pressure is on - Squeaky bum time "

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Firstly im no Stato - ive just taken a moment to look at the recent results. I think 6 games is standard to generate form?

Anyway I looked at the teams in and just outside the play/offs because despite us being poor for a while we still remain within touching distance of the play/offs which seems a miracle really. So I wondered how and it seems we are not the only team starting to struggle as the pressure mounts.

West Ham
8 points from the last 18 points available
– they are undefeated in 6 games but have only won 1 in the last six games. Infact the last four league games have all ended 1-1
Considering the money and players they have available thats a very poor showing

Brighton HA
11 points from the last 18 points available
– They lost once to Boro in the last 6 games with us and Doncaster the only other teams to take points from them.

Blackpool
8 points from the last 18 points available
– Looking at the scores they seem quite an erratic team. Could have a stormer or a nightmare but one thing is certain is that they like to score late goals.

Boro
7 points in the last 18 available
- again quite erratic scores but they have now picked up just one point from the last three games.

Birmingham
5 points in the last 18 points available
– In poor form right now and lost 4-1 to bottom of the table Pompy wont have helped confidence although they did have a player sent off

Cardiff
6 points in our last 18 points available
– won only one game in those six games

Hull
7 points in our last 18 points available -
They have drawn 4 out of the last 6 games

Summary is that Brighton seem to be the inform team at the moment but the others are all struggling with Birmingham taken fewest points recently. Other than Brighton the difference between the worst team Birmingham and the best teams Blackpool and West Ham is just a simple 3 points.

The bigger picture is the league table which doesnt tells its own story after 46 games but while a lot of teams are struggling I dont think its quite time to give up yet.

Good stats, more optimistic after reading that, just goes to show we know our own results but once the other teams have played and lost or won we forget for obvious reasons.
I'm surprised at Brum tbh but some interesting and at the same time disappointing form for many including us

Keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:20 pm

No getting away from the fact we have been poor, it has been for everyone to see but it seems we are not alone.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 pm

well i for one might pull it off if we beat birmingham on sunday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: