Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Pressure is on - Squeaky bum time "

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Firstly im no Stato - ive just taken a moment to look at the recent results. I think 6 games is standard to generate form?

Anyway I looked at the teams in and just outside the play/offs because despite us being poor for a while we still remain within touching distance of the play/offs which seems a miracle really. So I wondered how and it seems we are not the only team starting to struggle as the pressure mounts.

West Ham
8 points from the last 18 points available
– they are undefeated in 6 games but have only won 1 in the last six games. Infact the last four league games have all ended 1-1
Considering the money and players they have available thats a very poor showing

Brighton HA
11 points from the last 18 points available
– They lost once to Boro in the last 6 games with us and Doncaster the only other teams to take points from them.

Blackpool
– Looking at the scores they seem quite an erratic team. Could have a stormer or a nightmare but one thing is certain is that they like to score late goals.

Boro
7 points in the last 18 available
- again quite erratic scores but they have now picked up just one point from the last three games.

Birmingham
5 points in the last 18 points available
– In poor form right now and lost 4-1 to bottom of the table Pompy wont have helped confidence although they did have a player sent off

Cardiff
6 points in our last 18 points available
– won only one game in those six games

Hull
7 points in our last 18 points available -
They have drawn 4 out of the last 6 games

Summary is that Brighton seem to be the inform team at the moment but the others are all struggling with Birmingham taken fewest points recently. Other than Brighton the difference between the worst team Birmingham and the best teams Blackpool and West Ham is just a simple 3 points.

The bigger picture is the league table which doesnt tells its own story after 46 games but while a lot of teams are struggling I dont think its quite time to give up yet.

Re: " Pressure is on - Squeaky bum time "

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Cheers for that, always interesting to read :ayatollah:

Luke, Whats our points total from the last 32 points available ?

Re: Pressure is on - Squeaky bum time

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Good post Luke, and keeping it simple too.

Brighton have only lost one game all year (2012) so there's no surprise there, and like Southampton (and similar to Swansea in their promotion year) were already a year old gelled team too.

It's definitely not time to give up, because Reading aside, there will be six capable teams fighting it out for the three remaining Play Off spots! Even if we aim for 6th place, we have a fight on our hands, but there is still a glimmer of hope. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Firstly im no Stato - ive just taken a moment to look at the recent results. I think 6 games is standard to generate form?

Anyway I looked at the teams in and just outside the play/offs because despite us being poor for a while we still remain within touching distance of the play/offs which seems a miracle really. So I wondered how and it seems we are not the only team starting to struggle as the pressure mounts.

West Ham
– they are undefeated in 6 games but have only won 1 in the last six games. Infact the last four league games have all ended 1-1

Brighton HA
– They lost once to Boro in the last 6 games with us and Doncaster the only other teams to take points from them.

Blackpool
– Looking at the scores they seem quite an erratic team. Could have a stormer or a nightmare but one thing is certain is that they like to score late goals.

Boro
- again quite erratic scores but they have now picked up just one point from the last three games.

Birmingham
– In poor form right now and lost 4-1 to bottom of the table Pompy wont have helped confidence although they did have a player sent off

Cardiff

Hull

Summary is that Brighton seem to be the inform team at the moment but the others are all struggling with Birmingham taken fewest points recently. Other than Brighton the difference between the worst team Birmingham and the best teams Blackpool and West Ham is just a simple 3 points.

The bigger picture is the league table which doesnt tells its own story after 46 games but while a lot of teams are struggling I dont think its quite time to give up yet.

I agree with every word of that 2Blue it makes you wonder if we are all either as good or bad as each other. I think this will be a season where as few as 72 pointswill get you in the playoffs and we are well in the hunt for that.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers for that, always interesting to read :ayatollah:

Im not sure Annis, it took me about half hour to look through the scores just for those on the BBC :lol:
I know it wouldnt make good reading for us but not sure on other clubs

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:02 pm

That more than 10 games but less than 11 Annis :? :?

But in 11games it's 10 points. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

castleblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Firstly im no Stato - ive just taken a moment to look at the recent results. I think 6 games is standard to generate form?

West Ham

Brighton HA

Blackpool

Boro

Birmingham

Cardiff

Hull

I agree with every word of that 2Blue it makes you wonder if we are all either as good or bad as each other. I think this will be a season where as few as 72 pointswill get you in the playoffs and we are well in the hunt for that.

To be honest I think this season is the poorest league we have seen for a long time but the championship has always been a division where anyone can beat anyone. Just looking at the results now its crazy how practically every team follows a good result against a good team but follow it with a poor result against a "winable" team.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

castleblue wrote:

That more than 10 games but less than 11 Annis :? :?

But in 11games it's 10 points. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

:oops: Oops Sorry Gary. :lol:

So out of 33pts available we have managed to get only 10pts. :shock:

Surely thats relegation form ?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:05 pm

so the bottom line is ......we are all as bad as each other apart from the top 2 :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:so the bottom line is ......we are all as bad as each other apart from the top 2 :ayatollah:

Baz, lets look at the last 11 games, we would I think be bottom of the league or share it with Pompey. :cry: :cry:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Even this Weekend is sure to throw up a few surprises!! Here are the relevant fixtures.

24 Mar, 15:00 Millwall v Leeds United
24 Mar, 15:00 Reading v Blackpool
24 Mar, 15:00 Middlesbrough v Bristol City
24 Mar, 15:00 Leicester City v Hull City
24 Mar, 15:00 Burnley v West Ham United
24 Mar, 15:00 Nottingham Forest v Brighton and Hove Albion

25 Mar, 12:00 Birmingham City v Cardiff City

27 Mar, 19:45 Portsmouth v Hull City
27 Mar, 19:45 Peterborough United v West Ham United
27 Mar, 19:45 Ipswich Town v Middlesbrough

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:08 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:so the bottom line is ......we are all as bad as each other apart from the top 2 :ayatollah:

Pretty much. Take Southampton, Reading and West Ham out and I still think we are at least the best of the teams chasing the playoffs.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Pretty much in saying that West Ham are third, only two points behind Reading and with a game in hand so I guess I should have added Reading into the mix.

Reading
13 points in the last 18 points available
certainly the form team around the play/offs

Certainly more twists and turns left though IMO

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Baz, lets look at the last 11 games, we would I think be bottom of the league or share it with Pompey. :cry: :cry:

It's all very well looking in hindsight, but the here and now is whats important. Like I posted above with the fixtures, teams around us WILL be dropping points as well, whether we do or not!

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It's all very well looking in hindsight, but the here and now is whats important. Like I posted above with the fixtures, teams around us WILL be dropping points as well, whether we do or not!

Your right Craig, lets all look at last nights performance and Sundays, thats here and now, whats your opinion ?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Lets be honest the only amount of games that matters is http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

But all the teams are starting to crumble, its who has the bouncebackability for the final push.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Lets be honest the only amount of games that matters is http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

But all the teams are starting to crumble, its who has the bouncebackability for the final push.

I really really hope so Luke, I will be there no matter what the outcome. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:18 pm

One or two teams will go on a run in the next few games, I just hope we are one of them

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:22 pm

My opinion is that we remain positive for the upcoming fixtures, get behind the boys for the upcoming games home and away, cut the booing and jeering, and hope teams around us continue to drop points! Would like to take a bit of form into the play offs if we can try and stay undefeated for a bit! Its all to play for, and it aint over until the fat lass sings! :ayatollah:

We were slightly lucky and unlucky last night! the officials were poor, our opponents were poor, we were poor, our tactics were poor. We had chances that we didn't take as well, as we came close on so many occasions, on other days the ball would have found its way into the net! But we live and learn, and move on.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm

So all in all we aren't as bad as some fans make out :D
everyone has a blip we are having ours

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Merlin wrote:My opinion is that we remain positive for the upcoming fixtures, get behind the boys for the upcoming games home and away, cut the booing and jeering, and hope teams around us continue to drop points! Would like to take a bit of form into the play offs if we can try and stay undefeated for a bit! Its all to play for, and it aint over until the fat lass sings! :ayatollah:

We were slightly lucky and unlucky last night! the officials were poor, our opponents were poor, we were poor, our tactics were poor. We had chances that we didn't take as well, as we came close on so many occasions, on other days the ball would have found its way into the net! But we live and learn, and move on.

I am getting behind the team and sing/shout them on every game and will continue to turn up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But being a realist we are playing awful football.

Coventry last night a poor team, with no away wins all season, our first goal gifted own goal,they missed a penalty, they missed an open goal, they hot the bar and they kept us on the back foot for most of the second half and you say we were unlucky. :lol: :lol:

PLease dont blame the officials.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Regardless of everything you just mentioned Annis, Luke's original post shows other teams are just as bad. The stats speak for themselves, so as long as there remains possibilities and hope then we keep fighting. Yes we should have won, but we didn't lose - so I look to this weekends fixtures - and hope everything goes our way again!! ;)

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Merlin wrote:Regardless of everything you just mentioned Annis, Luke's original post shows other teams are just as bad. The stats speak for themselves, so as long as there remains possibilities and hope then we keep fighting. Yes we should have won, but we didn't lose - so I look to this weekends fixtures - and hope everything goes our way again!! ;)

:lol:

Good answer :lol:

I AM STILL HOPEFUL. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Ive always said as a Cardiff fan if you dont have hope you dont have anything :lol:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Here is the current form chart for the Championship based over the last 11 matches;

Reading 28
Southampton 25
Ipswich 21
Watford 21
Brighton 20
Blackpool 18
West Ham 18
Leicester 17
Hull 16
Palace 16
Middlesbrough 15
Forest 14
Birmingham 13
Leeds 12
Derby 11
Peterborough 11
Millwall 11
Cardiff 10
Coventry 10
Burnley 10
Portsmouth 9
Doncaster 7
Brnsley 7
Bristol 5

Not good reading for us is it. :o :o :o :o

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Here is the current form chart for the Championship based over the last 11 matches;

Reading 28
Southampton 25
Ipswich 21
Watford 21
Brighton 20
Blackpool 18
West Ham 18
Leicester 17
Hull 16
Palace 16
Middlesbrough 15
Forest 14
Birmingham 13
Leeds 12
Derby 11
Peterborough 11
Millwall 11
Cardiff 10
Coventry 10
Burnley 10
Portsmouth 9
Doncaster 7
Brnsley 7
Bristol 5

So a draw against Burnley and Coventry was about right on current form over 11 games :lol:
Shows how good we must have been in the earlier games, we have the same players so we can still turn a corner :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:42 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Reading 28
Southampton 25
Ipswich 21
Watford 21
Brighton 20
Blackpool 18
West Ham 18
Leicester 17
Hull 16
Palace 16
Middlesbrough 15
Forest 14
Birmingham 13
Leeds 12
Derby 11
Peterborough 11
Millwall 11
Cardiff 10
Coventry 10
Burnley 10
Portsmouth 9
Doncaster 7
Brnsley 7
Bristol 5

No Gary, we are AS BAD AS WE ARE SEEING :cry: :shock: :o

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Reading 28
Southampton 25
Ipswich 21
Watford 21
Brighton 20
Blackpool 18
West Ham 18
Leicester 17
Hull 16
Palace 16
Middlesbrough 15
Forest 14
Birmingham 13
Leeds 12
Derby 11
Peterborough 11
Millwall 11
Cardiff 10
Coventry 10
Burnley 10
Portsmouth 9
Doncaster 7
Brnsley 7
Bristol 5

No Gary, we are AS BAD AS WE ARE SEEING :cry: :shock: :o

But we will win at Birmingham - Trust me ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Gary, I feel you might be right and we can pull it off at Birmingham. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gary, I feel you might be right and we can pull it off at Birmingham. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Kenny Miller hatrick Annis. ;)

God I think I need to up my medication. :o :o :o :o