A forum for all things Cardiff City

Loan Window Closing

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Im guessing were not signing anyone then, obviously MM is happy with the squad

WELL THEN F**KING USE IT THEN, AND STOP PLAYING THE SAME PLAYERS

rant over :ayatollah:

Re: Loan Window Closing

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:39 pm

DeekonBlue wrote:Im guessing were not signing anyone then, obviously MM is happy with the squad

WELL THEN F**KING USE IT THEN, AND STOP PLAYING THE SAME PLAYERS

rant over :ayatollah:

If we dont sign anyone, I have to agree, our board and manger must be happy and confident in what they have at present. Hmm

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Loans we have got so far have had a negative impact on the club IMO, wasted a good amount of money.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

I was very happy with last summers window everything looked so promising but the purse strings have been well and truly tightened since and that would be fine if the board told us that's what was going to happen but they have given us false hope by not speaking out and telling us the truth.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:45 pm

have you read the echo malky is happy with the way we are playing so in his eyes we dont need any loan signings shame that aint the view of around nearly 21,000 who were there last night or should i say around the 16,000 who actually where there at the game

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Loans we have got so far have had a negative impact on the club IMO, wasted a good amount of money.

I have never been a loan fan Luke, but we never bought, you stuck up for them then, So I will take a quality loan player, yet if we dont get one you will stick up for them again ? Why Luke, be honest and see there is something not right at the club, it all does not add up. The club are not going forward at all. Lets see how many renew their season tickets, that will answer it all.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I was very happy with last summers window everything looked so promising but the purse strings have been well and truly tightened since and that would be fine if the board told us that's what was going to happen but they have given us false hope by not speaking out and telling us the truth.

Honesty thats all we want. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

very troubling times for me,its not the defeats and poor performances so much(although thats never nice) but the way our team and especially malky seem oblivious to it all.
If we were clearly not good enough with our best eleven it wouldnt be so hard to take,but weve proven we can compete with any team in the championship
Malkys post match interviews are becoming even more baffling, blaming officials,saying we played well when we didnt etc.
whats going to happen in the summer are we goin to turn down more players in the hope of finding this elusive "malky type of player" is don cowie still going to play out wide? is joey mason going to have ago at centre back in a bid to find his best position? is the likes of earnie and darcy who are clearly desperate to play going to warm the bench or stay at home?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 pm

englishbluebird wrote:very troubling times for me,its not the defeats and poor performances so much(although thats never nice) but the way our team and especially malky seem oblivious to it all.
If we were clearly not good enough with our best eleven it wouldnt be so hard to take,but weve proven we can compete with any team in the championship
Malkys post match interviews are becoming even more baffling, blaming officials,saying we played well when we didnt etc.
whats going to happen in the summer are we goin to turn down more players in the hope of finding this elusive "malky type of player" is don cowie still going to play out wide? is joey mason going to have ago at centre back in a bid to find his best position? is the likes of earnie and darcy who are clearly desperate to play going to warm the bench or stay at home?

We will sign a player the night before the opening game, but then we will have been to late for him to play :lol:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Loans we have got so far have had a negative impact on the club IMO, wasted a good amount of money.

I have never been a loan fan Luke, but we never bought, you stuck up for them then, So I will take a quality loan player, yet if we dont get one you will stick up for them again ? Why Luke, be honest and see there is something not right at the club, it all does not add up. The club are not going forward at all. Lets see how many renew their season tickets, that will answer it all.

We should have bought more last summer IMO, January is certainly a selling market rather than a buying one.
Carl said we bid for players, MM, Poyet, BHA chairman, Sordell, Bolton all said we were close on deals, how true it is we will never know. I see very few players available for loan that I think will add anything to our squad.

Looking back if we really did have 5m to spend in Jan im glad we didnt spend it on Sordell and Noone, two decent players but not world beaters. In the summer 5m can build quite a squad when you consider what MM has built with 2.5m he has spent.

We have had two loans
Vukic was a decent player but not one we needed, MM moved things around to try and fit him in and in the end we lost an inform Conway to the bench, a step backwards.

Lawrence is just poor in my opinion, McPhail, Kiss, Conway and even Ralls are better option in my opinion, its further money wasted especially at a reported 18k a week plus a loan fee :cry:

Unless we can be lucky enough to get a ramsey type player in (unlikely) then I hope we dont get anyone in and use the players we have more.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We should have bought more last summer IMO, January is certainly a selling market rather than a buying one.
Carl said we bid for players, MM, Poyet, BHA chairman, Sordell, Bolton all said we were close on deals, how true it is we will never know. I see very few players available for loan that I think will add anything to our squad.

Looking back if we really did have 5m to spend in Jan im glad we didnt spend it on Sordell and Noone, two decent players but not world beaters. In the summer 5m can build quite a squad when you consider what MM has built with 2.5m he has spent.

We have had two loans
Vukic was a decent player but not one we needed, MM moved things around to try and fit him in and in the end we lost an inform Conway to the bench, a step backwards.

Lawrence is just poor in my opinion, McPhail, Kiss, Conway and even Ralls are better option in my opinion, its further money wasted especially at a reported 18k a week plus a loan fee :cry:

Unless we can be lucky enough to get a ramsey type player in (unlikely) then I hope we dont get anyone in and use the players we have more.

We can bid on every player in the league, but if you dont offer the right money or even the right terms of the deal, you will get no one, it is funny how all the other clubs get what they want. Honestly Luke, there is something not right.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Im only going on what Carl said but he posted that the Noone deal was agreed until the Bright chairman came back and blocked it and Sordell offer was accepted other than Bolton coming in. Maybe they never planned on actually signing anyone but it seems a lot of effort for no reason.
As ive said before it doesnt bother me if we signed anyone in January anyway, always nice to see new faces but January is an awful market and an expensive one.
If we have the money then great, if we dont then so be it and we go with what we have. The problem is about not using what we already have now that we havent added in my opinion.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 pm

We should be planning next season now.

Only get a player on loan if we are seriously thinking about buying him over the summer ......

We are currently getting spanked by our playoff contenders, we had to start the turnaround last night, we didn't.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im only going on what Carl said but he posted that the Noone deal was agreed until the Bright chairman came back and blocked it and Sordell offer was accepted other than Bolton coming in. Maybe they never planned on actually signing anyone but it seems a lot of effort for no reason.
As ive said before it doesnt bother me if we signed anyone in January anyway, always nice to see new faces but January is an awful market and an expensive one.
If we have the money then great, if we dont then so be it and we go with what we have. The problem is about not using what we already have now that we havent added in my opinion.

Luke.
The Noone deal, were Malky's words.

Like I say,it all depends on how you offer the money.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:35 pm

I know MM mentioned him as a target but im pretty certain Carl mentioned him a number of times also as did Steve Davies who seems pretty in the know.
Poyet even said it was his toughest test to keep a player.

To me though thats gone and done now, he didnt sign but it still doesnt explain why other players we do own are not being used.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I know MM mentioned him as a target but im pretty certain Carl mentioned him a number of times also as did Steve Davies who seems pretty in the know.
Poyet even said it was his toughest test to keep a player.

To me though thats gone and done now, he didnt sign but it still doesnt explain why other players we do own are not being used.

Carl and Steve Davies def did mention him a few times.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I do wonder if he will go back for him in the summer or if he will move for other targets now.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I do wonder if he will go back for him in the summer or if he will move for other targets now.

I believe he signed a new deal shortly after the transfer window :evil3:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:05 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I do wonder if he will go back for him in the summer or if he will move for other targets now.

I believe he signed a new deal shortly after the transfer window :evil3:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0 ... 92,00.html
You are correct.

Its strange though managers seem to have January targets but they rarely seem to go back for them come the summer anyway.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:21 pm

The thing I don't get is Malky has always said he would only bring in players who were the right players?

To me some of our players look a spent force at the moment eg McNaughton (who I've always been a huge fan of), Taylor, Cowie, Gunnarson etc There is a number of players who must be bursting for a start such as Heaton, Blake, Conway, Kiss, Ralls, Earnie etc. We desperately need to freshen the team up yet we bring no players in (hardly) during transfer & loan window. Malky is starting to appear quite stubborn, Conway (when was his last start) who can be frustrating, I thought added a bit of life when he came on Sat, yet no show last night?

A few loan signings IMO who would have given us a lift and have gone to our play off rivals,
Hamill to Boro
Roberts to Reading
Townsend to Brum
Dobie to Blackpool
Add Piquanne & Sam Vokes.

I'm bemused by it all, our slump in form, no signings when we supposedly had money to invest, no changes in the line up when it appears to many the team is flagging..... It doesn't add up and it would be nice to know what is really going on?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

The only thing that will answer is the number of plastics that follow us.