Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MM subs

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Most managers make odd subs that fans wont agree with, thats football.

The last two home games though IMO he has made the right subs followed by a poor decision, ie one step forward onesteps back.

V Burnley
Miller was one of our better players but the service to him was incredibly poor, infact he had no service. MM moved Mason upfront and we started to play and look a lot more dangerous but then not long after he took off MIller for Earnie and we then again failed to keep hold of the ball and back to square one. If he wanted to put on Earnie I dont see why he couldnt have played Mason, Earnie and Miller, at 0-0 at home its not a totaly outrageous idea IMO.

V Coventry
we were struggling for a bit so he brought on Rudy and then a little later Earnshaw (why I believe we should always have two strikers on the bench). I felt those two subs gave us new options and it worked, Wittingham gave us the lead.
Now with ten minutes to go I cant understand why MM didnt put on his last sub? Blake would have been my choice but even Conway to chase things down. We dropped so deep yet had Rudy, Earnie and Mason all to far forward,. Mason legs had gone after doing a thankless task and should have been replaced or be even braver and take earnie back off, not a dig at earnie but he isnt someone thats any use when you have your backs against the ball.

He needs to look at these games and learn from them, totally behind MM but like the team he is still developing but its something I think he should look at.