Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT I FIND RIDICULOUS

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:09 pm

How come in a lot of games we pack our team full of midfield players and then get overun in midfield ?
How come we ask players who are not wingers to play wide when we have a decent winger on the bench?
How come we are supposed to be ULTRA FIT yet look knackered in the last 20 mins of games ?

Re: WHAT I FIND RIDICULOUS

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

tommo blue wrote:How come in a lot of games we pack our team full of midfield players and then get overun in midfield ?
How come we ask players who are not wingers to play wide when we have a decent winger on the bench?
How come we are supposed to be ULTRA FIT yet look knackered in the last 20 mins of games ?

I have asked myself this too mate. How many times at HOME this season have we set up with a 4 5 1 formation playing only one striker up front at HOME and seen our FIVE midfielders outplayed? It doesn't make any sense to me at all to play this set up in a home game especially against teams who are struggling at the bottom of the table. We have sufficient strikers to set up as a 4 4 2 or 4 3 3 so I really would like someone to explain this. Visiting teams have got us well sussed now and the early magic that Malky conjured has long gone. Are there many more of us that feel the same? :?:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 pm

TERRYB wrote:
tommo blue wrote:How come in a lot of games we pack our team full of midfield players and then get overun in midfield ?

I have asked myself this too mate. How many times at HOME this season have we set up with a 4 5 1 formation playing only one striker up front at HOME and seen our FIVE midfielders outplayed? It doesn't make any sense to me at all to play this set up in a home game especially against teams who are struggling at the bottom of the table. We have sufficient strikers to set up as a 4 4 2 or 4 3 3 so I really would like someone to explain this. Visiting teams have got us well sussed now and the early magic that Malky conjured has long gone. Are there many more of us that feel the same? :?:

Yes

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Malky should do a Milan and clog the midfield. f**k it nothing else is working