Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stunned

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 am

I really am stunned with all this negativity. Hearing about boos just 1 month after that heroic Carling Cup Final game? Unbelievable. We didn't even lose. Ok, so we're not playing great but not that many teams are that this late stage in the season. Sadly, it doesn't surprise me to hear of such negativity because it's what a percentage of our fans do. They wait until things aren't perfect and then become drama queens.

Yes, we aren't playing well and changes do have to be made but they need to be the right changes. Putting Earnshaw up front with Mason in a 4-4-2 last night wouldn't have necessarily guaranteed victory. Who is to say that any other changes would have equaled a better result? The grass isn't always greener.

In recent games I will admit I have been confused by Conway being left out, Blake not getting a look in, Lawrence being played in the middle, Cowie out left and Mason out wide. However, you look at each individual circumstance and at least we can see there is method to Mackay's decisions rather than the randomness other managers choose.

We need to back our manager and players because being negative just isn't helping anyone. Ok, you can say it's better to vent the frustrations on here than at the games but it is becoming apparent that certain individuals are doing it at both which isn't helpful at all.

Re: Stunned

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:27 am

I booed last night. Didn't even mean too it was a totally subconscious. I normally hate the booing and never normally would and agree with you we have been spoilt recently. But it just came out I was stunned by myself! Got me wondering is this the worst it has been for a long period? Football fans have such sort memories but can't remember feeling this down about city, not even after that Middlesboro or Reading games last season as kind of expected that

Re: Stunned

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:28 am

Zabier wrote:I really am stunned with all this negativity. Hearing about boos just 1 month after that heroic Carling Cup Final game? Unbelievable. We didn't even lose. Ok, so we're not playing great but not that many teams are that this late stage in the season. Sadly, it doesn't surprise me to hear of such negativity because it's what a percentage of our fans do. They wait until things aren't perfect and then become drama queens.

Yes, we aren't playing well and changes do have to be made but they need to be the right changes. Putting Earnshaw up front with Mason in a 4-4-2 last night wouldn't have necessarily guaranteed victory. Who is to say that any other changes would have equaled a better result? The grass isn't always greener.

In recent games I will admit I have been confused by Conway being left out, Blake not getting a look in, Lawrence being played in the middle, Cowie out left and Mason out wide. However, you look at each individual circumstance and at least we can see there is method to Mackay's decisions rather than the randomness other managers choose.

We need to back our manager and players because being negative just isn't helping anyone. Ok, you can say it's better to vent the frustrations on here than at the games but it is becoming apparent that certain individuals are doing it at both which isn't helpful at all.

Steve, I never booed once, but be honest the football was appalling ?

I will be there at the next game and the next no matter how bad the results.

" LETS BE REALLY HONEST WITH OUR SELVES "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75476