Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season Tickets

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 am

I have re-newed for next season already but it was quoted on here last week that the club are hoping to increase season ticket sales for next season above our current high level. I note that VT and TG were at the game last night and must have noted the many empty seats that weret there. Both against Burnley and more so last night there only appears to be around 14/15k in the stadium at most. This is a clear indication that many season ticket holders are not attending because of the teams performances.
Some may argue that these are not genuine and true supporters on the other hand some may argue that they do not want to see the type of performances being served up.

I would be amazed if we mange to get anywhere close to the same sales. We had the extra ticket for Wembley promotion and on the back of that approx 7,500 re-newed and there were another 1,000 new members (approx figures quoted on this fourm). With the form shown over the last 10 games, the lack of ambition to strengthen and the current political climate I think that we will struggle to get 15,000 season ticket holders for next season. The warning have been in the last few game with the many empty seats. VT and TG may have something to think about?

Re: Season Tickets

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:16 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I have re-newed for next season already but it was quoted on here last week that the club are hoping to increase season ticket sales for next season above our current high level. I note that VT and TG were at the game last night and must have noted the many empty seats that weret there. Both against Burnley and more so last night there only appears to be around 14/15k in the stadium at most. This is a clear indication that many season ticket holders are not attending because of the teams performances.
Some may argue that these are not genuine and true supporters on the other hand some may argue that they do not want to see the type of performances being served up.

I would be amazed if we mange to get anywhere close to the same sales. We had the extra ticket for Wembley promotion and on the back of that approx 7,500 re-newed and there were another 1,000 new members (approx figures quoted on this fourm). With the form shown over the last 10 games, the lack of ambition to strengthen and the current political climate I think that we will struggle to get 15,000 season ticket holders for next season. The warning have been in the last few game with the many empty seats. VT and TG may have something to think about?

VT/TG are here on other business.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:20 am

Note that, but presumably they must have seen the many empty seats in the stadium last night. Its great when the stadium is nearly full and a good atmosphere rocking but its going in the opposite direction at the moment. Lets hope that we can keep as many ST holders for next season. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:01 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Note that, but presumably they must have seen the many empty seats in the stadium last night. Its great when the stadium is nearly full and a good atmosphere rocking but its going in the opposite direction at the moment. Lets hope that we can keep as many ST holders for next season. :ayatollah:

There`s no chance of that many renewing..

Call them shit fans, call them plastic fans, it doesn`t make any difference. When the football is shit, fans will stop coming, its the nature of the beast..

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 am

Burnley attendance - 21,800+
Coventry attendance - 20,500+

Both away fans didn't bring more than 500 or so.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:31 am

Gravity wrote:Burnley attendance - 21,800+

Those aren`t the true figures though are they..They count ST holders that wasn`t there..

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:18 pm

For both games I wouldn't say that there were much more than 15k there particularly last night.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Foreverblue - was it football business?

A good point is made here a poor finish will do nothing for next seasons ticket sales, suspect MM may have had an ear bashing last night, rightly deserved too

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:27 pm

wkdblue wrote:
Gravity wrote:Burnley attendance - 21,800+

Those aren`t the true figures though are they..They count ST holders that wasn`t there..

Correct thousands never attended.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:27 pm

palerider wrote:Foreverblue - was it football business?

A good point is made here a poor finish will do nothing for next seasons ticket sales, suspect MM may have had an ear bashing last night, rightly deserved too

A lot is going on including PMG and Langston.
Our revenue next season will be well down.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Its still very early for ST holders to renew, 8000 in march isnt bad really.

We know how fickle fans are, if we make the play/offs and the club put tickets back on sale telling fans its a way to get a final ticket they will sell more.

A few good signings and more fans will buy.

The new season feeling will sell a few more.

Will be hard to get 18000 IMO but 15000 should be achievable.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its still very early for ST holders to renew, 8000 in march isnt bad really.

We know how fickle fans are, if we make the play/offs and the club put tickets back on sale telling fans its a way to get a final ticket they will sell more.

to put it in perspective, a drop of 3000 season ticket holders will reduce our turnover by £3m.

IF we are reasonably successful we'll recoup a good % of that through extra walk up.

Sorting out PMG/Langston and the share issues are FAR more important to the clubs finances.

7% interest on £15m is over £1m for a start.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Its still very early for ST holders to renew, 8000 in march isnt bad really.

to put it in perspective, a drop of 3000 season ticket holders will reduce our turnover by £3m.

IF we are reasonably successful we'll recoup a good % of that through extra walk up.

Sorting out PMG/Langston and the share issues are FAR more important to the clubs finances.

Sadly Tim, I see a drop as big as 5,000 if we dont make the play offs, at this current moment sales are virtually dead.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Sadly Tim, I see a drop as big as 5,000 if we dont make the play offs, at this current moment sales are virtually dead.

We will have at least one more ST before the 31st :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

It could be Annis. Next week should see a couplr of thousand go from the ones who hang on until the last minute, then there will be a few more early April, I certainly know of some who are hoping to get family stand ones, but cant get them until APril due to it being sold out this year. Then a lot will depend on how we end the season and who comes in during the summer.

A 5k drop is probably the max, but at leas t the majority left will be the ones who turn up every week.

What do you think about the other point I made regarding the finances ?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

It could be Annis. Next week should see a couplr of thousand go from the ones who hang on until the last minute, then there will be a few more early April, I certainly know of some who are hoping to get family stand ones, but cant get them until APril due to it being sold out this year. Then a lot will depend on how we end the season and who comes in during the summer.

A 5k drop is probably the max, but at leas t the majority left will be the ones who turn up every week.

What do you think about the other point I made regarding the finances ?

Regarding the season ticket sales, if we dont sell plenty Tim, fans get out of the habit of coming weekly and therefore sales drop in all depts, programmes/food/drink/advertising/club shop etc .

We need to sort out the debt like youve said and that was on the agenda today.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Not renewing for the first time in years. Just not enjoying it anymore.

A mix of going to the football not being what it used to be, poor predictable hoofball on offer and saturday 3pm kick offs being a rarity.