Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does this forum have it in for Malky?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:51 am

Almost every sticky is slagging him off?

Maybe the players should take some responsibility for this one?

Apart from not playing Conway, I don't see what else Malky could have done, fans ask him to mix it up, change things around - and he did! Yet people still find time to rip into him.

Just face it - we ain't got the quality or the cash to push on.

Let's give him the summer and see what he comes up with?

Some of our fans are incredible!!!!

Re: Does this forum have it in for Malky?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:45 am

I think as a rule we have a pretty poor selection of fans, no patience, want promotion now at any cost when that isn't going to happen. Malky was his own worst enemy in the end because we achieved so much at the start of the season that our fans can't accept it would take 2/3 seasons to get truly competitive again.

Also our fans need someone to blame, it's been Miller lately (though anyone with brain cells in double digits could see he wasn't the problem), but without him to blame for last night the next person is Malky.

Frankly it's no wonder our sides always bottle it, the club has been out of the top flight since like 1962 and most people think we're one of the biggest clubs in the country (we're not).

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:01 am

Nope the other board are just as fed up with his negative football as well.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:25 am

Malky is doing well and the only criticism I have is that maybe City's transfer signing policy of doing tons of reserach before they actually sign a player maybe costing us in missing out as the targetted players may well join other clubs while City do their homework , Malky has said more than once he wants or wanted 3 quality players who were ready to hit the ground running to push on for promotion . That never happened hence us being 8th in the League ...... plus we are hearing stories of 8 or 9 players going out in the summer again . So next season could very well be one of rebuilding giving Cardiff a squad of 100% Malky's players aslong as the Board allow him to do that ..... but bearing in mind that he said he wanted 3 players this season and none arrived then will we have more of the same for next season ?

Currently City do have enough talent to pinch 6th place and then it becomes a Cup competition for promotion ...... and we have all witnessed how well we did in one already this season , maybe that's the plan ?

Onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:42 am

i agree some of the most negative fans in the world, it borders on embarassing sometimes

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:47 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:i agree some of the most negative fans in the world, it borders on embarassing sometimes

Baz, what is so embarrassing whinging about 4 wins in 21 games?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i agree some of the most negative fans in the world, it borders on embarassing sometimes

the almost crigeworthy posts that some of our so called fans keep posting, our team needs support not slagging, confidence needs to be injected into the management and squad its no wonder they underperform reading the shit thats posted on here

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 am

are you all really pleased then with 2 wins in 12?? no win at home from 3 not so difficult games?? and the manner of how we played.

the fact last night we had a sub to use in injury time with 3 attackers on the pitch??

the fact that we were in a strong position in january and have dropped not only from within touch of autos, but now out of the play offs, we were 7 pts clear of the team in 7th place at one time...

can you tell me how i can gain some positivity from this please, because i really need to see how!

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:are you all really pleased then with 2 wins in 12?? no win at home from 3 not so difficult games?? and the manner of how we played.

the fact last night we had a sub to use in injury time with 3 attackers on the pitch??

the fact that we were in a strong position in january and have dropped not only from within touch of autos, but now out of the play offs, we were 7 pts clear of the team in 7th place at one time...

can you tell me how i can gain some positivity from this please, because i really need to see how!
be patient do you really want us to be one of those teams that has a new manager every 3-6 months???r would you rather stability, we are having a dip in form, it happens to most teams(our is just a bit bigger) :D

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:00 am

1st new manager we've had in 6 or 7 years so Im guessing Malky has a chance yet ..... I think the Jacks getting promoted last season took its toll on us especially after Cardiff spending £millions on players , stadium and wages whereas they just stroll along with no cash and a rented council stadium and end up promoted . The joys of being a Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

the almost crigeworthy posts that some of our so called fans keep posting, our team needs support not slagging, confidence needs to be injected into the management and squad its no wonder they underperform reading the shit thats posted on here

Infact its 4 in 16 which makes it 1 in 4. Malki wanted us to rejoice when we had only lost 1 in 4. So he can expect to get flack when its 1 win in 4.

Sometimes Baz having a go at the team/management is what is needed sometimes. Personally I think we as fans have been patient with the setup but the present situation has pushed some of the more relaxed fans over the line.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:are you all really pleased then with 2 wins in 12?? no win at home from 3 not so difficult games?? and the manner of how we played.

be patient do you really want us to be one of those teams that has a new manager every 3-6 months???r would you rather stability, we are having a dip in form, it happens to most teams(our is just a bit bigger) :D

Sorry Baz but this dip in form has been going on for 3 months now. This is a concern and if this was run as a business then drastic action is needed.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 am

Merlin wrote:Almost every sticky is slagging him off?

Apart from not playing Conway, I don't see what else Malky could have done, fans ask him to mix it up, change things around - and he did! Yet people still find time to rip into him.

"Just face it - we ain't got the quality or the cash to push on" I think I heard somewhere we did have money, Someone then must be telling porky's

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:22 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:

brendan rogers, paul lambert and nigel adkins. all got promotion in their first seasons as managers, paul lambert twice consecutively , nigel adkins looks likely to do the same.. neither of these managers had huge budgets to work with, norwich and swansea much less than us. neither had big squads.. i am going to be patient and am no way calling for malkys head that is ridiculous, malky though must be able to take the blame when things are not working , he has made some basic errors that need addressing. our form is dire and how we are still in touch with the play offs amazes me.. but we had 3 home games on the trot and didnt win 1 against at least 2 teams who we should have been capable of beating.. . we now have a very tricky away game to birmingham on the back of a string of shocking performances....

we have a squad, he must stop favouring certain players and use the squad he has available, they may not be is prefered choice as some of them are players that we know he does not want, but for this season he is stuck with them so should use the squad not just 11 or 12 players that we have been...

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:06 am

Merlin wrote:Almost every sticky is slagging him off?

No Craig this forum gives everyones opinions and after the last couple of months dire league displays fans want answers.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:49 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:

The Jacks had 3 managers in three season's Manuel, Paula and Brenda. Did'nt do them any harm.