Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Mason

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:16 am

Played up top on his own earlier in the season, did well and people moaned when he was dropped.

Now he shouldn't/can't play that role!?!?

Re: Joe Mason

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:34 am

PtB wrote:Played up top on his own earlier in the season, did well and people moaned when he was dropped.

Now he shouldn't/can't play that role!?!?

fans are fickle they forget what they think sometimes.
Its not his strength loan striker but he did what he was asked to do.
Im not sure what his strongest position is yet mind.
wide?
2nd striker?
loan striker?
in the hole?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:45 am

Earlier in the season we had a midfield with bundles of energy who could get forward and support our lone striker. Now our midfield look tired and jaded and our lone striker is getting very little support. If anyone doesn't believe some of our players are tired and tiredness is a rubbish excuse, why have we stopped watering the pitch so the ball doesn't zip? Someone made a good point to me before the game that Malky is "making a small squad even smaller" with his reluctance to use Conway, Kiss, Ralls, Earnie, Blake, Quinn etc and this isn't helping. As I said in another post, I think even Lionel Messi would struggle in a lone strikers role in our team at the moment because our lone striker is getting no help and no quality service.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:11 am

Malky sent a boy to do a mans job last night ! I felt sorry for Mason, 4-5-1 at home to a bottom three club is unbelievable !