Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Unbelivable

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Cant believe so many people are sayin the season is over after 2nite, o we dnt deserve to go up if we dont beat bottem sides? was anyone expecting us to go up this year? if u say yes then ur a lier in my eyes, every cardiff fan would have been over the moon if we was told we would be in this postion at start of season agreed? less negtavie attidude and support the team for the last 8 games, we are due bit of form and we could go into the play offs the form team which hasnt happen yet in the last 2 years, come on everyone have faith.

Next season is a different story

Re: Unbelivable

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 pm

I think we little sly result like 90+5 minute goal to a win a game will confidence to go back on form. But the way we played when we did score today, was just... well lets say we're asking to concede we let them attack us, it's a simple as that whether your playing the bottom team or the top you don't allow it. I'm not going to say our seasons over cause it's not imo we're a point of the play-offs, form may came back you never know with football. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Cant believe so many people are sayin the season is over after 2nite, o we dnt deserve to go up if we dont beat bottem sides? was anyone expecting us to go up this year? if u say yes then ur a lier in my eyes, every cardiff fan would have been over the moon if we was told we would be in this postion at start of season agreed? less negtavie attidude and support the team for the last 8 games, we are due bit of form and we could go into the play offs the form team which hasnt happen yet in the last 2 years, come on everyone have faith.

You really think so. If we carry on like this till the end of the season then a new rebuild will have to start.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 pm

What i mean with next season is that, malky will get rid of 6 or 7 players that he didnt want here this season and replace them with his own players which then we mite atcually see some movement in out of the team in different games, if we fail to make play offs next year then malky will become under alot of pressure, hes got away with it this year

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Does anybody think that a club like Coventry City is going to get relegated without one hell of a fight? So they scored in injury time? These things happen. Eight games to go. Quite frankly, I would have settled for mid-table at the start of the season. We could just as easily have gone through the trapdoor this season. PNE and Sheffield United went down not long after being in the play-offs. Forest were there last season. The League Cup run took a lot out of everybody, players, management, and us fans. We are all tired, and a bit disappointed, but that's football. We have no divine right to be in the Premier League, or cup finals, come to that. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Cardiff_Davies wrote:Cant believe so many people are sayin the season is over after 2nite, o we dnt deserve to go up if we dont beat bottem sides? was anyone expecting us to go up this year? if u say yes then ur a lier in my eyes, every cardiff fan would have been over the moon if we was told we would be in this postion at start of season agreed? less negtavie attidude and support the team for the last 8 games, we are due bit of form and we could go into the play offs the form team which hasnt happen yet in the last 2 years, come on everyone have faith.

You really think so. If we carry on like this till the end of the season then a new rebuild will have to start.

No it won't. Not at all. 5-6 players in, new tactics and we'll have a brill first half of the season. However, next Jan window, we may need 3-4 depending on where we are.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 pm

I dont disagree with you. Malky has worked wonders this year but im so frustrated that he got us into an unbelievable position (2 points off the autos at the end of Jan) and we all knew we had a small squad, and were likely to run out of steam, but we still didnt strengthen where we needed to! Since October its clear we needed at least one quick winger and another proven striker yet we havent even come close to making these signings. Malky deserves a huge amount of credit for what hes done this year but he also has to recognise he's made a few mistakes.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Good post Jimbo. Sums things up very well. The glass is half-full :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Thinking about it, a quick winger, and a proven striker at this level? Chris Burke, Ross Mc Cormack, and even Chops ? :ayatollah: