Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DIRE!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Thought we might have turned the corner as we looked brighter with Mcphail back in the team, but didnt expect him to see the game out, which was the case and after he left the field we were dire and played like we have in the past two months. The defence could not stop a pig in a passageway and Mason, playing the lone Striker, was ineffective and a total a waste of time and only Earnshaw, when came on, did we look to have more of a threat up front. Just a shame Earnie does not chase back like Miller! Cardiff look desprately short of pace and quality, ten workhorses and Whitingham is not the answer, as we have come to find out.
Coventry's goals, the first from a corner with at least 6 City players defending? No one seemed to want to shut the Coventry attack down and kept backing off, the Sky Blues marauding strikers which ultimitely let them in for the equaliser.
City looked jaded, it is my opinion MM is making plans for next season as he has his hands tied in regards to the players he inherited last August.
So, lets take a reality check, 1 win in the past 7 league matches is DIRE and certainly not ascending to the play offs form and I say to anyone who still thinks we will make the auto's must be the type of fan who listens to the game on the radio in they're ktichens whilst their wives are wachting Frost on the television in there the lounges. What I have witnessed over the past 8 weeks at the CCS is a team struggling from game to game and the tirdness effectively infringing on their concerntration, gone is the awarness and decent passing game we saw earlier in the season and the tight defending and now we just seem to be lumbering from one game to another and if we started the season like this we would now be in a rlegation fight.

Re: DIRE!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:09 pm

So true

Re: DIRE!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Very true.

My fear is that next season we just might not have such a good start.