Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Malky making same old mistakes? "

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Hornet fan in peace again. After chatting to a couple of you last night, I could see Malky does not always get it right.

Last season he had us on fire until we were safe, and then we belly flopped in fantastic style down the league to 14th. I honestly expected you to batter coventry tonight, lost a fiver on it in fact, Malky still appears intent on screwing me over haha.

I have read a lot of you saying his tactics are very negative, but is he still playing attractive football? Is the ball on the ground? There was a distinct change in the way we played last season before and after January. Before January despite our pitch being an absolute bog we played some beautiful stuff with the ball on the deck and getting it wide with good tempo. After christmas despite improving pitch conditions we became more long ball, which was rather disappointing, and somewhat limped over the finishing line. Think we only won 4 of our last 19 or 20 games or something ridiculous like that.

Where does Malky play Cowie? I always thought he was best when playing more central, but he often stuck him out wide much to my displeasure. At home tonight did he go with 1 up front or two? Im a firm believer in going all out to win your home games, sometimes you need to settle for a draw away from home, but pleasing your own fans is imperative.

Still dont feel too bad, the mighty watford couldnt put a goal past coventry, at least you managed it twice :ayatollah:

Re: " Malky making same old mistakes? "

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 pm

also does he still blame the ref week in week out? that really got on nerves.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Always thought you struggled at the end of last season because you lost some of your loans. That must have destabilised your team. This season Malki does not have that problem.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Always thought you struggled at the end of last season because you lost some of your loans. That must have destabilised your team. This season Malki does not have that problem.

yer we lost some loans, but the longer this is going on with cardiff the more im beginning to wonder if malky just struggles to motivate in the 2nd half of the season.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm

His name will start getting sour round here soon.
But im sticking it out till the end.
Good post :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Same as mate the long ball just keeps on happening and the wheels have come off to pissed off to say anymore very frustrating to watch at the moment and you no malky I must say.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 pm

hornet_fan wrote:Hornet fan in peace again. After chatting to a couple of you last night, I could see Malky does not always get it right.

Last season he had us on fire until we were safe, and then we belly flopped in fantastic style down the league to 14th. I honestly expected you to batter coventry tonight, lost a fiver on it in fact, Malky still appears intent on screwing me over haha.

I have read a lot of you saying his tactics are very negative, but is he still playing attractive football? Is the ball on the ground? There was a distinct change in the way we played last season before and after January. Before January despite our pitch being an absolute bog we played some beautiful stuff with the ball on the deck and getting it wide with good tempo. After christmas despite improving pitch conditions we became more long ball, which was rather disappointing, and somewhat limped over the finishing line. Think we only won 4 of our last 19 or 20 games or something ridiculous like that.

Where does Malky play Cowie? I always thought he was best when playing more central, but he often stuck him out wide much to my displeasure. At home tonight did he go with 1 up front or two? Im a firm believer in going all out to win your home games, sometimes you need to settle for a draw away from home, but pleasing your own fans is imperative.

Still dont feel too bad, the mighty watford couldnt put a goal past coventry, at least you managed it twice :ayatollah:

Hornet fan, you are describing our season almost exactly. Everything that happened to Watford last season seems to be happening to Cardiff this season. The common factor of course is Malky and I am becoming extremely concerned that he does not appear to have learnt any lessons from his previous mistakes. I'm not sure that I have confidenc in him to change things around to be honest.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 pm

i feel for you guys. last season by the end of january i thought that we were almost a sure thing for the playoffs. i was disappointed to lose Malky in the summer as some on here can attest too. i thought that at a club with more finances malky would be able to maintain a season long promotion hunt, but did suggest caution that it might be too early for him this season.

if you dont get in the playoffs do you think he will be given another season? are you board likely to be patient?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 pm

hornet_fan wrote:i feel for you guys. last season by the end of january i thought that we were almost a sure thing for the playoffs. i was disappointed to lose Malky in the summer as some on here can attest too. i thought that at a club with more finances malky would be able to maintain a season long promotion hunt, but did suggest caution that it might be too early for him this season.

if you dont get in the playoffs do you think he will be given another season? are you board likely to be patient?

he will get a few more seasons but at the moment the football is so frustrating to watch what more can you say mate he has to have more time anything else is just stupid.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 pm

hornet_fan wrote:i feel for you guys. last season by the end of january i thought that we were almost a sure thing for the playoffs. i was disappointed to lose Malky in the summer as some on here can attest too. i thought that at a club with more finances malky would be able to maintain a season long promotion hunt, but did suggest caution that it might be too early for him this season.

I'm sure he will get another season as he's just recently signed a new contract and although our owners are absolutely loaded they do not appear too willing to put their hands too deeply in their pockets! :lol:

I think he deserves another season but quite frankly if the same thing happens next season and lessons are not learnt then in my opinion we should move on without him.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:24 am

You have just described our season without watching us and that is frightening

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 am

hornet_fan wrote:also does he still blame the ref week in week out? that really got on nerves.

Yes, he has started to and I said the other week, you get decisions in your favour one week and another you might not, it evens out over a season and thats a fact.