Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Coventry had only scored 7 goals away from home this season

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 pm

But they still managed to score 2 against us didn't they! Plus they hit the bar and missed a penalty. Make no mistake, a win for us tonight would have papered over the cracks. Our problem this season is we lack pace, teams like Swansea (sorry to use them as an example) have pace in their team. They don't have any big, physical players, but the difference is when they make a mistake, they have several players who can cover up that mistake, because they have pace. In comparison, when we make a mistake, we don't have anyone there to cover up the mistake because we have no pace in our team. That in my opinion is why we keep conceding goals and that's why we have now lost 25 points from throwing away a lead.

Re: Coventry had only scored 7 goals away from home this season

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Yup and we have 8 games left.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 pm

well we wont win 4 of them !

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 pm

d20 wrote:well we wont win 4 of them !

Good attitude!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm

As a club we need two pacey wingers who can turn a five man midfield defence formation into a three man attacking front line if you get my meaning. Like Hull, Palace and Swansea (god i can't believe im saying it :lol:) they would all batter us as they are quick on the counter and they're midfield play is usually quite good. Our midfield do play some good football when in form but i think that injection of pace would help a lot. :ayatollah: