Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Officials

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Firstly this is nothing to do with the results and certainly not an excuse for two points from 3 home games.

3 home games on the bounce now I've felt the officials have been very very poor and for both teams. I can't remember the last time we had a good assistant ref infront of the Ninian Stand.

So many mistakes from them at the moment, are refs going backwards? Are champ officials professionals?

Also a random question for any refs on here, can you take a throw in further back from the position it went out of play. It's regularly stopped when taken to far forward but not when to far back. Someone asked me and I wasn't sure.

Re: Officials

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:08 pm

No the ball should be thrown in from the spot it went out of play, not further forward or further back. Also, if it is taken from wrong place it's a foul throw !!!!

Officials have been poor lately but so have team unfortunately !!!

Still 8 games to go though !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Officials

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 pm

gazzabartlett wrote:No the ball should be thrown in from the spot it went out of play, not further forward or further back. Also, if it is taken from wrong place it's a foul throw !!!!

Officials have been poor lately but so have team unfortunately !!!

Still 8 games to go though !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I assumed that was the rule, it just seems that they are told to go further back when to far forward but generally allowed to take the throw if further back.