Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Malky's tactics "

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 pm

I'm a little confused to be honest.

Starts a home game against a team in the bottom three with one striker.
Puts Whitts out on the wing and tells Marshall to aim for him hoping Whitts will win headers!
Plays a central midfielder (Cowie) out wide where he is totally ineffective.
Plays a wide midfielder in the centre ( Lawrence) where he is totally ineffective.
Gives a half time team talk which actually leads to us playing WORSE in the second half.
Appears to abandon attacking intentions as soon as we go ahead and tries ( unsuccessfully on most occasions) to defend any lead.
Does not use all his substitutes even if only as a tactic to disrupt play or strengthen the defence at the end of the game.
Picks the same team (with the exception of Mcphail for an injured Kenny) yet again even though those same players have underperformed badly for a number of games now.
Appears to be unable or unwilling to strengthen the team with loan players for reasons known only to himself.

Is he learning from his mistakes? I'm afraid there is little sign of it at the moment.

Re: Malky's tactics

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:49 pm

davids wrote:I'm a little confused to be honest.

Starts a home game against a team in the bottom three with one striker.
Puts Whitts out on the wing and tells Marshall to aim for him hoping Whitts will win headers!
Plays a central midfielder (Cowie) out wide where he is totally ineffective.
Plays a wide midfielder in the centre ( Lawrence) where he is totally ineffective.
Gives a half time team talk which actually leads to us playing WORSE in the second half.
Appears to abandon attacking intentions as soon as we go ahead and tries ( unsuccessfully on most occasions) to defend any lead.
Does not use all his substitutes even if only as a tactic to disrupt play or strengthen the defence at the end of the game.
Picks the same team (with the exception of Mcphail for an injured Kenny) yet again even though those same players have underperformed badly for a number of games now.
Appears to be unable or unwilling to strengthen the team with loan players for reasons known only to himself.

Is he learning from his mistakes? I'm afraid there is little sign of it at the moment.

4-6-0 tonight it looked like with ZERO width f*cking shocking when mason was like a midfielder for some of the game just to touch the ball by comming back, i was watching hard and could see mason and are five central midfield players all within five meters of eachother most of the game it was that bad :shock:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 pm

spot on davids its not the first time we dropped points in injury time and had unused subs on the bench is he learning dont think so :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7hEqCdAwjs

Malky "Ladies and gentlemen, Cardiff City will be playing 4-5 f*cking 1" can you imagine Malky saying this at his next press conference? If I don't laugh I'll f*cking cry.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:spot on davids its not the first time we dropped points in injury time and had unused subs on the bench is he learning dont think so :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

its a basic error, we had 3 attackers on the pitch in injury time, should av taken mason off and brought darcy on, wasted 30 secs and disrupts the play, plus an extra defender on ... very poor management.

Re: " Malky's tactics "

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Cant disagree with any of that post,I find it mind boggling that players are played out of position continuosly,still believe the players should have done so much better,they were like scared children when coventry came forward

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 am

Cracking post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:58 am

something is up with malky mackay,

to be honest i think its probably personal life you can see in his eyes every time he's talking his mind is somewhere else

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 am

I was shocked when I saw the team selection in that we are playing a bottom 3 team at home and we are aiming for the play off's. Lets be attacked minded. Instead Malky sticks to his beloved 4-5-1 without an out and out striker on the pitch. I thought he might have gone 4-4-2 and had a go at Coventry. Instead as the game went on Coventry became more confident and for the first 30 mins of the second half they battered us and could have been out of sight.

We started with Earnie and Rudy on the bench. At least one of those should have started along with Conway. Such negativity in a home game against a poor Coventry team. What is Malky thinking. Was he playing for the draw?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:17 am

Amen to that brother, we were f*cking shit. Think this post is bang on and either malky won't or can't change itch either way its worrying