Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS LIONEL MESSI TO BE THE GREATEST EVER??

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 am

At just 24 yrs of age will messi be the greatest ever football player of all time???

another hatrick last night 234 goals for Barcelona so far! not just the amount of goals he scores though, but its the quality of them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17442840

thoughts?

Re: IS LIONEL MESSI TO BE THE GREATEST EVER??

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:01 am

The best in this era certainly, best since Maradonna in my lifetime, it's frightening to think what he might achieve. Although as stated before, the World cup isn't what it once was, that'll be the only monkey on his back...until he wins it.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 am

i saw one of his goals last night, when he lobbed the keeper from about 12 yards out. f*cking awesome!!!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 am

scotsjack wrote:The best in this era certainly, best since Maradonna in my lifetime, it's frightening to think what he might achieve. Although as stated before, the World cup isn't what it once was, that'll be the only monkey on his back...until he wins it.

Oh God another one who's been listening to Alan Hanson is it? The world cup has f**k all to do with him as an individual player. He's just ONE player! He isn't the rest of the Argentine squad. He isn't the manager either. He's just one player. So winning the world cup has nothing to do with how good or bad he or any other player in history is/was. George Best never even played in a world cup. Ryan f*cking Giggs (who is the most successful player in the history of the PL) has never qualified for anything. Does that mean they are crap? No it don't!!! It just means they were part of a crap team!

Messi was asked to become Spanish. They offered him and probably begged him to declare himself Spanish. But he refused and told them he was Argentine.

IF HE HAD ACCEPTED THEIR OFFER THEN HE WOULD NOW "AS WE SPEAK" BE HOLDING A WORLD CUP WINNERS MEDAL!!!! BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE PLAYED FOR SPAIN AND WON THE f*cking CUPPPP!!

When you see Alan Hanson on the tele don't listen to him, he's a knobhead who knows f**k all about anything. And for f**k sake stop going on about Messi and the world cup. When football becomes a ONE MAN sport then bring it up.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:51 am

Berwyn wrote:
scotsjack wrote:The best in this era certainly, best since Maradonna in my lifetime, it's frightening to think what he might achieve. Although as stated before, the World cup isn't what it once was, that'll be the only monkey on his back...until he wins it.

Oh God another one who's been listening to Alan Hanson is it? The world cup has f**k all to do with him as an individual player. He's just ONE player! He isn't the rest of the Argentine squad. He isn't the manager either. He's just one player. So winning the world cup has nothing to do with how good or bad he or any other player in history is/was. George Best never even played in a world cup. Ryan f*cking Giggs (who is the most successful player in the history of the PL) has never qualified for anything. Does that mean they are crap? No it don't!!! It just means they were part of a crap team!

Messi was asked to become Spanish. They offered him and probably begged him to declare himself Spanish. But he refused and told them he was Argentine.

IF HE HAD ACCEPTED THEIR OFFER THEN HE WOULD NOW "AS WE SPEAK" BE HOLDING A WORLD CUP WINNERS MEDAL!!!! BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE PLAYED FOR SPAIN AND WON THE f*cking CUPPPP!!

When you see Alan Hanson on the tele don't listen to him, he's a knobhead who knows f**k all about anything. And for f**k sake stop going on about Messi and the world cup. When football becomes a ONE MAN sport then bring it up.

I actually agree with you, many others however will see the World Cup as the one thing he is missing. Like I said, the World Cup isn't what it was, but, the World Cup will be the one excuse that the pundits have to put Pele and Maradonna above him.

Pele was before my time, Maradonna destroyed his reputation, so for me, Messi is the best I have seen. When you consider that he's only 24, as I originally stated, it's frightening to think what he could achieve.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 am

scotsjack wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

I actually agree with you, many others however will see the World Cup as the one thing he is missing. Like I said, the World Cup isn't what it was, but, the World Cup will be the one excuse that the pundits have to put Pele and Maradonna above him.

Pele was before my time, Maradonna destroyed his reputation, so for me, Messi is the best I have seen. When you consider that he's only 24, as I originally stated, it's frightening to think what he could achieve.

Yes well Pundits I actually hate. Why do we have to have a bunch of overpaid arseholes talking bollox before, during and after every game?