View results

Re: Wales best pound for pound boxer ever !! Poll

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Angry Man wrote:What is actually meant when people say 'pound for pound..?' I always wondered or is this just more Americanisum coming into the English language..?

Chief it means who is the best Boxer not depending on weight. IE Mayweather is a different weight to the Klitschkos but the best boxer in my opinion is Mayweather :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So you can't really compare then because different weights really have different approaches to fight.

Not at all. Would you like to say what those different approaches are Angry man and please don't loose your temper.

Well the lighter boxers are mainly quicker and thats pleasing to the eye were as the bigger boxers are slower and can come across as boring to watch.

And does Ali come under that philosophy ? In my opinion we haven't had a really great heavyweight since the 70s. Maybe Tyson early career and Holyfield but that is it.

lemmox lewis not a great? :shock: top 5 ever.i voted joe .mainly because of his record and the fact iv saw him on tv.fought some legends passed their best but he could only beat what was put in front of him.johnny owen.top man

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Who is the best. Should be interesting

iv voted joe steve.my post has failed to show up .lennox lewis not a heavyweight great?iv a lot of time for johnny owen

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 pm

ah its arrived :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:06 am

Suprised no one has voted for Driscoll. A legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: