Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swans taking over in Malaysia

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm

:o http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/opin ... -barcelona

Re: Swans taking over in Malaysia

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:14 pm

WestWhite wrote::o http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/opin ... -barcelona

how can anyone who knows anything about football compare leon britton and joe allen with iniesta and xavi???

ffs.. :roll:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:15 pm

feck another pikey on here :o
they were not so keen to come down to ninian before the bubble trips

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:15 pm

lacking, admittedly, the over-laden trophy cabinets or the 100,000-capacity stadium.

;)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 pm

WestWhite wrote::o http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/opin ... -barcelona

Hilarious……..especially from a 'freelance' writer. That's why he can't get a job as a proper writer, oh the joy when they have second season syndrome next season ----can't fekin wait :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 pm

I worked closely with Rodgers during his early days as a youth team coach at Reading

Nice bit of unbiased journalism there.

What's next, Arsene Wenger on why Arsenal are the best London club?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

how can anyone who knows anything about football compare leon britton and joe allen with iniesta and xavi???

They both have a 90% pass completion rate like xavi and iniesta maybe :? .. both in the top 10 and Britton is 1st maybe

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Go and shag your sister…..she's waiting for you as usual

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Aramore wrote:
I worked closely with Rodgers during his early days as a youth team coach at Reading

Arsenal are the best london club :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Go and shag your sister…..she's waiting for you as usual

Your banter is worse than your predictions :shock:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 pm

WestWhite wrote:

They both have a 90% pass completion rate like xavi and iniesta maybe :? .. both in the top 10 and Britton is 1st maybe

dont make me laugh any more than i already am.... yes you are playing some half tidy football and are only getting noticed just like blackpool did the year before as its your first season there...

but there is no way on earth you can compare any of your squad to barcelonas... these are world class players, britton and allen are not.. if you were in the top 4 of the prem league, still in both cups then i would change my mind...

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 pm

NJ73 wrote:

And you're on the wrong messageboard again you sad tw@t

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 pm

WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Arsenal are the best london club :lol:

Doesn't matter whether it's true or not when you look at the source.

And up until a month ago Spurs were still in with an outside chance of the title and played the best football.

WestWhite wrote:

dont make me laugh any more than i already am.... yes you are playing some half tidy football and are only getting noticed just like blackpool did the year before as its your first season there...

but there is no way on earth you can compare any of your squad to barcelonas... these are world class players, britton and allen are not.. if you were in the top 4 of the prem league, still in both cups then i would change my mind...

Blackpool were ultimately shit at defending unfortunately and couldn't keep the ball for toffee.. the swans on the other hand :? ...

Well considering there passing stats are up there with xavi and iniesta there must be some comparison surely :?

WestWhite wrote:

Well since the turn of the year, having settled into the league, we have the 3rd best record in the Premier League. Make of that what you will.

And it's not us comparing our style and players to Barcelona, it's numerous pundits and journos.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

And you're on the wrong messageboard again you sad tw@t

"All opinions welcome".

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Christ an online reading fan has an online article on swansea :cry: :cry:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 pm

No doubt the Malaysians were wetting their pants watching swansalona

get beat by Shrewsbury 3-1
Norwich 3-1
Blackburn 4-2
everton 1-0
sunderland 2-0
Bolton 2-1
Stoke 2-0

or was it those fantastic 9 boring draws including te classic 0-0 s against Wigan Sunderland and Liverpool

Sideways crab football aint gonna set the far east alight

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 pm

NJ73 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

Well since the turn of the year, having settled into the league, we have the 3rd best record in the Premier League. Make of that what you will.

And it's not us comparing our style and players to Barcelona, it's numerous pundits and journos.

I really don't understand this love in wit Swansea in the media.

I've only watched one full game (the Arsenal game which fair play you did look pretty good) and quite a few of your highlights on MotD but still half of the games have been absolutely boring.

Take the Fulham game.

Yes you absolutely hammered them but they were showing a breakdown of your passing and they actually had to speed it up because it took so bloody long to move into an attacking position. I don't understand how you can watch your team pass the ball around the back four, a few passes forward then back to the goalkeeper for One and a half minutes before you even get close to the goal.

It's enough to put you to sleep.

Then again I'm not a big fan of possession football. I prefer a more physical game so it might just be me.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Mafor wrote:No doubt the Malaysians were wetting their pants watching swansalona

get beat by Shrewsbury 3-1
Norwich 3-1
Blackburn 4-2
everton 1-0
sunderland 2-0
Bolton 2-1
Stoke 2-0

or was it those fantastic 9 boring draws including te classic 0-0 s against Wigan Sunderland and Liverpool

Sideways crab football aint gonna set the far east alight

Ah miss out the good un's eh?

Man City - 1-0 - Ultimately dominated the league leaders
Chelsea - 1-1 - played them off the park until a last kick of the game deflection
Tottenham 1-1 - Absolutely bamboozled them all game and spurs got a flukey goal and undeserved point
Arsenal 3-2 - Out played Arsenal
Fulham - 0-3 - Training session at a ground every team struggles

and many more games.. bitterness is a wonderful thing

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

I've only watched one full game (the Arsenal game which fair play you did look pretty good) and quite a few of your highlights on MotD but still half of the games have been absolutely boring.

Take the Fulham game.

Yes you absolutely hammered them but they were showing a breakdown of your passing and they actually had to speed it up because it took so bloody long to move into an attacking position. I don't understand how you can watch your team pass the ball around the back four, a few passes forward then back to the goalkeeper for One and a half minutes before you even get close to the goal.

Then again I'm not a big fan of possession football. I prefer a more physical game so it might just be me.

And that's where as a set of fans we completely differ. I hate the up and at em physical long ball type crap and enjoy the skill and movement involved in a possession gem watching us pull the opposition around the field probing for a gap and picking the moment to make the killer ball.

Each to their own but there's no doubt about which will be most successful in the long run.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Each to their own but there's no doubt about which will be most successful in the long run.

Well teams that played that way keep going backwards and even Barca are a bit off winning the league this season.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

also, I don't think any of your players have scored 54 goals this season. ;)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:how can anyone who knows anything about football compare leon britton and joe allen with iniesta and xavi???

Take the Fulham game.

And that's where as a set of fans we completely differ. I hate the up and at em physical long ball type crap and enjoy the skill and movement involved in a possession gem watching us pull the opposition around the field probing for a gap and picking the moment to make the killer ball.

Problem with your style is I think if somehow a manager does work out exactly how to stop you I don't think your players are good enough to win playing out and out football.

Not to say they're a bad team because they're clearly not but I feel (again just my opinion) that the way you play makes your team much more than the sum of its parts. If it played any other style it wouldn't work for them.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

Take the Fulham game.

Ah that's what you call impatience my blue friend.. sadly lacking a knowledge of what we are actually doing when passing it back, forwards, sideways, middleways. Dominating with the ball we like to call it.. you know so the other team can't get a kick to buld up an attack and score.. it's not boring, you just lack the understanding and knowledge of total football.. it's ok you do watch Cardiff every week who can't muster 3 passes together at the moment so i do understand how frustrating it can be

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Hows your shirt sales in Malaysia, not too good by all accounts .I think we can all see why now ;)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:42 pm

WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:how can anyone who knows anything about football compare leon britton and joe allen with iniesta and xavi???

Take the Fulham game.

Ah that's what you call impatience my blue friend.. sadly lacking a knowledge of what we are actually doing when passing it back, forwards, sideways, middleways. Dominating with the ball we like to call it.. you know so the other team can't get a kick to buld up an attack and score.. it's not boring, you just lack the understanding and knowledge of total football.. it's ok you do watch Cardiff every week who can't muster 3 passes together at the moment so i do understand how frustrating it can be

I know exactly what you're doing. You're forcing the opposition players to move out of position to try and close you down, they're constantly chasing shadows and at the right moment you can thread passes straight through their disjointed defence.

When it all comes together it does look stunning but the one and a half minutes build up around the back fours and midfield is just too slow to me just to get a half chance.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Fair play almost spot on.. we keep it for time wasting really and not letting them have a sniff at goal

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 pm

WestWhite wrote:Fair play almost spot on.. we keep it for time wasting really and not letting them have a sniff at goal

Well that too, I was just focusing on the attacking part of it.

Of course its good for tiring the other team out too as if they're chasing shadows all game while your players stay in their triangles your players should in theory last a lot longer.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Aramore wrote:
WestWhite wrote:Fair play almost spot on.. we keep it for time wasting really and not letting them have a sniff at goal

Well that too, I was just focusing on the attacking part of it.

Of course its good for tiring the other team out too as if they're chasing shadows all game while your players stay in their triangles your players should in theory last a lot longer.

Leo Fortune West