Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A simple question about Cardiff City

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Chatting to my dad as always Cardiff City was well discussed, and he said what the hell is going on? Just a few months ago they
were fighting for every ball and if we did lose we went down fighting till the end!!! I replied dad its a small squad and they are
basically knackered and playing a lot of games in a season and not much quality to swap it around when things got a little stale. He then stated a fact which too me rings a lot of sense. He said the majority of our players are very highly paid professional footballers whose so goal in their working life at the moment is to play football and stay fit!!!! He said to me that he could not accept people who are paid 10 grand a week for example to stay physically super fit and mentally strong are flagging now, his precise words were if I was paid that much he could play a game every day and believe me in his day he would. We have now the best training regimes fantastic facilities, over night at the best hotels so a good nights sleep before the game, they have the best food and doctors, physios monitoring them and I tend to agree with my dad and I cant accept tiredness as an excuse. I admit of course there will always be injuries thats part and parcel of football, but its time to get
that steel back into us and stop the excuses!!
Regard and Respect from Denmark