Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " TUESDAY 20th MARCH 2012 MINI-UPDATE "

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Hello Mate.

Can you just clarify something for me.

Im aware that existing season ticket holders have untill March 30th to renew their current seat.

You have then said that on April 13th at 5pm, Season Tickets will be removed from sale?

Does this mean that if you dont get a season ticket for the 12/13 season by this date you cannot get one at all?

I only ask as I have mates that are existing season ticket holders but are looking to move seats and were not going to bother purchasing untill June time when they have the funds? I noticed that this was asked the other day and Annis said to someone on here not to worry, they wont be removing them?

Seems a bit strange to take Season Tickets for next season off sale mid April season before :?:

Cheers fella

Millar

:ayatollah:

I meant not to worry as they go back on sale in May. :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Im having a blonde day mate

makes send ;)

:lol:

:ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:17 pm

thanks for the update... :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Sorry but shouldn't people higher up the chain be doing this kind of fact finding..? Seems to me that the club paid 4 people to get on the piss in Germany at our expense

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 am

It seems highly unlikely that we will see a player sign on loan before the Thursday deadline. But I'm still praying that we do get a quality player in because we really need all the players we can get! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:57 am

PR went to America a couple of seasons ago on a similar mission.....ie to see how the Yanks create a matchday experience at their sporting events. Apart from the standing issue I think he came to similar conclusions ie get the fans in early, plenty of pre-match entertainment and a wide choice of good quality food and drink outlets......all the things we don't have!!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:00 am

moonboots wrote:PR went to America a couple of seasons ago on a similar mission.....ie to see how the Yanks create a matchday experience at their sporting events. Apart from the standing issue I think he came to similar conclusions ie get the fans in early, plenty of pre-match entertainment and a wide choice of good quality food and drink outlets......all the things we don't have!!

Thats what I mean, PR went there not a couple of fans and employees of the club.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:53 am

jack shat. delete (all )post's by jack's on this, CARDIFF CITY FORUM. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 am

Angry Man wrote:
moonboots wrote:PR went to America a couple of seasons ago on a similar mission.....ie to see how the Yanks create a matchday experience at their sporting events. Apart from the standing issue I think he came to similar conclusions ie get the fans in early, plenty of pre-match entertainment and a wide choice of good quality food and drink outlets......all the things we don't have!!

Thats what I mean, PR went there not a couple of fans and employees of the club.

And this coming from the Midfield General a legend of the political circuit NOTTTT :lol: Obviously assuming as with most councillors who are used to freebies at tax payers expense.

The German trip was something we had planned as fans and friends for a while, an it is planned to see a few more in the coming years simply for the pleasure, but also to pick up ideas that possibly the club could benefit from.

I wet along on my own behalf at a huge cost to myself of two flights costing £44 out and a huge £7 back, the express hotel cost us 3o Euros each a night. The match tickets I believe were free because the peopl who supply our lighting rigs have a number of seats there they use for their clients. So actually in my case it was quite a cheap weekend and I would have spent more at home for an all dayer watching the rugby more than likely.

Being a football fan, this was a chance to take in something different and exciting and really opened my eyes to how far ahead of us the Germans really are.
Reasonable prices, players on manageable wages, relaxed atmosphere and huge crowds, and the thing I liked was how important it was to the whole City, it seemed as if there was a huge sense of belonging, all the bars and restaurants had flasg etc, staff wearing BVB shirts, the city was alive with football.

As for Adams remarks about the staff the club took out there, think this is more of a personal dig at individuals rather than a constructive comment.

As a fan I would rather see two employees such as the stadium manager and the Commercial and ticket Office head observing things rather than someone like PR. Who better to observe things such as safe standing, crowd control, ticketing issues etc.

As for Vince, I can't speak on his behalf, and don't know if the club paid for his attendance as a fans Rep,then who better and who is more deserving for all he does for the club and the fans, as far as I'm concerned the man should be on a bloody wage for what he does for us, most genuine bloke I know, and lives for the club.

But at the end of the day, if we sent Mother Theresa over and gave all our fans a free season ticket and company cars, some people would still have a dig, but that's life for you.

But all this from a man who stood for Parliament and didn't have a street full of votes, so shows how switched on to people's opinions he is. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

And this coming from the Midfield General a legend of the political circuit NOTTTT :lol: Obviously assuming as with most councillors who are used to freebies at tax payers expense.

The German trip was something we had planned as fans and friends for a while, an it is planned to see a few more in the coming years simply for the pleasure, but also to pick up ideas that possibly the club could benefit from.

I wet along on my own behalf at a huge cost to myself of two flights costing £44 out and a huge £7 back, the express hotel cost us 3o Euros each a night. The match tickets I believe were free because the peopl who supply our lighting rigs have a number of seats there they use for their clients. So actually in my case it was quite a cheap weekend and I would have spent more at home for an all dayer watching the rugby more than likely.

Being a football fan, this was a chance to take in something different and exciting and really opened my eyes to how far ahead of us the Germans really are.
Reasonable prices, players on manageable wages, relaxed atmosphere and huge crowds, and the thing I liked was how important it was to the whole City, it seemed as if there was a huge sense of belonging, all the bars and restaurants had flasg etc, staff wearing BVB shirts, the city was alive with football.

As for Adams remarks about the staff the club took out there, think this is more of a personal dig at individuals rather than a constructive comment.

As a fan I would rather see two employees such as the stadium manager and the Commercial and ticket Office head observing things rather than someone like PR. Who better to observe things such as safe standing, crowd control, ticketing issues etc.

As for Vince, I can't speak on his behalf, and don't know if the club paid for his attendance as a fans Rep,then who better and who is more deserving for all he does for the club and the fans, as far as I'm concerned the man should be on a bloody wage for what he does for us, most genuine bloke I know, and lives for the club.

But at the end of the day, if we sent Mother Theresa over and gave all our fans a free season ticket and company cars, some people would still have a dig, but that's life for you.

But all this from a man who stood for Parliament and didn't have a street full of votes, so shows how switched on to people's opinions he is. :lol: :lol: :lol:

With regards to the matchday experience in Germany, that sounds a lot like what they are trying at Manchester City. You walk around Eastlands "Etihad!" before the match, there are marquees set up everywhere, live music on stages that are set up, beer and food kiosks etc. It's didn't quite seem right when I was up there, almost as if the Man City fans don't know what to make of it themselves.

At the moment it seems a bit forced up there if that's the right term but it seems that this is the way football is heading, the clubs that catch onto this quickly will certainly have an advantage over the ones who bury their head in the sand.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:15 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Gwyn went to germany thats the only thing i didnt know :ayatollah:

they should have gone to Armetis..... best place ever :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:34 pm

The idea about the beer tents around the ground could be viable if City were to have dialogue with the pub/ restaurant outside by KFC, where they could supply the beers tents, sell cheeper better beer for say 2.60a pint... roughly the same as other pubs in the surrounding areas, could get free local bands to come and perform... many new/ young/ old/ local talent aspiring to get their name and/or group out there, its good exposure for these kinds of groups.

All viable options which wouldnt cost an arm or a leg, but ultimately provide a much better atmosphere for our fans.

However, on the flip side, if we were allowed to drink like that in and arround the ground alot of people would end up doing what we did in london... Buy a load of beers from the shop (in this instance it would be asda at CCS) and drink then within the crowd etc...

IMO the option with the pub and 'band stand' would be great!! :ayatollah: :D

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:50 pm

The german model is what every country in the world should aspire to. Strict financial regulations so clubs cant spend more than what they are bringing in, every club has to have a certain amount of shares available to the fans and affordable prices for tickets. I think its £15 to see Borussia Dortmund play so they were getting 80,000 people a week when they were a mid table team a few years back. Meanwhile clubs like Bolton charge over £30 a ticket. This also means the league is competitive so there are different teams challenging every year unlike the premiership where it is just who is challenging Manchester United this season.

This is why people hate the Germans, they simply do everything better than everyone else.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Won't get the same event at Cardiff City stadium and nor should we with the prices charged for shite beer. To be fair for many a game at the City is an all day event. It's just they do it in Canton or Grangetown.

Neil and we've sold all our land off, so we could never do it.

The riddler sold off all are land you mean to all the sharks on the board for there own money making ventures :ayatollah:

Sadly very very true and the Sharks are still on board, eating away at our Club for their own means. PMG. :evil:

but for how long? hopefully in summer they will be bought out, its a scandal that they are allowed to be on board whilst ripping off club! correct me if i am wrong but didnt they loan us about 9ml in exchange for the land? and the land rental was something like 3ml a year in income to city? someone was brain dead when they thought that one out!! :lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Great news, thanks Carl.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Look forward to tonights update Carlos. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: