Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TUESDAY 20th MARCH 2012 MINI-UPDATE "

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:55 pm

The club recently sent a party of four people to Germany to look at how the Germans done things on a match day. The team was made up of Julian Jenkins, Wayne Nash, Vince Alm and Gwyn Davies. The idea was to look at the safe standing policy they had in Germany and the whole match day experience and how to maximise revenue.

The four went to Germany and found that the match day is treated as an event in that the day starts at 10am and supporters are encouraged to come to the ground early and take in everything that is on offer around the ground, there are bars around the stadium and many food outlets, tents are erected around the stadium with entertainment going on.

Beer is served in the stadium and fans are allowed to drink on the ‘terraces’ throughout the game, smoking in the stadium was allowed also, the day doesn’t end after the game finishes but carries on until 8pm in the evening. The group was impressed with how the day was an occasion for the fans and they did not just turn up and go to the game and leave, there was a far more social aspect than just going to the game.

The policing was a lot more tolerable, especially towards the away supporters, and the atmosphere between the police and the fans was of a relaxed nature. The banter was going on between both sets fans.

The cost of a ticket for the game is around half the cost of ours.

I understand the party left Germany feeling that this is the way the British game should go but obviously the laws are very different over there than in our Country, so I guess we will have to wait and see.

So far this season the club has had eight police free home games including the recent matches against Hull and Burnley, you will have noticed that there were police in the ground and around the stadium with some on horseback but none of these officers are a cost to Cardiff City, so maybe the police free means free of cost not actually a match of no police :lol:

The club wish to remind everyone that they have until March 30th if they wish to renew their season ticket and be guaranteed the same seat they currently hold for next season, also on April 13th at 5pm season tickets will be removed from sale.

The club believes that they will by the start of next season better the number of season ticket holders than we have this year, it is said that out of the 10,000 season ticket holders on the 5 year price freeze, 98% of these have continued to renew in previous seasons and expect that to continue again into next season, I will be surprised but delighted if we do beat the numbers of this season.

So far just over 1000 new season ticket holders have bought for next season and over 7,500 existing have also renewed.

Some of you may have noticed in the last two league games that immediately prior to kick off and during half time the ground staff have not watered the pitch, I am told that the reason is to slow the pitch down and to take the ‘zip’ out of it. Is this because of a lack of pace in our team, is it because of the energy levels of our players and it is a deliberate attempt to slow the quickness of the ball on the pitch? :o

A couple of our players are carrying knocks and one in particular, Kenny Miller, is being assessed tomorrow morning to check whether he is fit to play tomorrow evening.

Rudy Gestede is in the squad for tomorrow’s game.

Malky is still enquiring about the possibility of loan players and has spent this afternoon speaking with managers of Premier League clubs hopeful of bring a player in before the deadline this Thursday. Malky is returning to the clubs about players that have already been enquired about. I understand that one of the issues is that if, and it is a big if, a club agrees to loan a player to us then the loaning club want assurances that the player will play most of the game time available for the loan period.

I am told that funds are not a problem and that it is simply about the Premier League manager saying yes to the loan.
As most will probably have anticipated, I was told today that there will be a big clear out of players at the club this summer and Malky will then have a squad of his own players if that happens but there is a problem regarding the wages some of these surplus players are on, such is their wage that it is very likely that some of these players will have to take a considerable drop in wages if they are to find another club, that poses a problem for our club as there is more than two players who will sit on their final year of contract with us unless our club pay them off the remainder of their contract or the difference between their possible new wage and what they currently receive at City.

On Sunday at the end of the game, David Marshall gave the match ball to a child in the family stand, but for some bizarre reasons one of our stewards was demanding the ball back from the boy, I watched along with a friend at the steward trying to grab the ball from the child, despite the child’s claims that it had been given to him by Marshall. The stewards actions were unnecessary and simply put over the top. The club have started an internal investigation and the child will be invited down to the stadium as a guest of the club and I am assured that he will be given the match day ball as it was a gift to him from David Marshall.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 16&sk=wall

I want to remind those travelling to Birmingham with us on the forum coaches that your seat will be only be guaranteed once payment is received, I currently have 57 names trying to book on a 49 seater, if you want to join us to Birmingham then I will be in the Ninian Park Pub from 6pm before the game tomorrow evening and you can also pay via paypal carlcurtis69@hotmail.com

I will not be getting tickets for anybody who has not paid for them beforehand as I have had a few incidents recently where people have promised to turn up and pay on the day but have not shown.

I will not reserve seats off for anybody, anymore and it is down to you to pay if you want to guarantee your seat and ticket.

A reminder for everyone that the clocks go forward on Sunday morning and that the M50 is closed.

I will be putting times and pick-ups on the board later this evening.

Re: " TUESDAY 20th MARCH 2012 MINI-UPDATE "

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Gwyn went to germany thats the only thing i didnt know :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Gwyn went to germany thats the only thing i didnt know :ayatollah:

Good job you read the update then :D :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Gwyn went to germany thats the only thing i didnt know :ayatollah:

Yea breaking news gwyn went to germany :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Won't get the same event at Cardiff City stadium and nor should we with the prices charged for shite beer. To be fair for many a game at the City is an all day event. It's just they do it in Canton or Grangetown.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Cheers Carl. I believe that if we have the 'terracing' and a little more entertainment before and after the game, more people will turn up and generate an atmosphere.
Hopefully we will take a few quid off all match tickets as well. The prices are just getting rediculous

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:05 pm

CantonJack wrote:Cheers Carl. I believe that if we have the 'terracing' and a little more entertainment before and after the game, more people will turn up and generate an atmosphere.
Hopefully we will take a few quid off all match tickets as well. The prices are just getting rediculous

all the more reason to get a season ticket....

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Carl thanks for the update. Can't see our government or the FA allowing standing or drinking in the ground however its good to see the club involving the supporters groups. I'm a little disaapointed at the level of urgency shown by the club in bringing in loanees. How many of the current squad would go are there many who's contracts run out in the summer?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:06 pm

maccydee wrote:Won't get the same event at Cardiff City stadium and nor should we with the prices charged for shite beer. To be fair for many a game at the City is an all day event. It's just they do it in Canton or Grangetown.

Neil and we've sold all our land off, so we could never do it.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:07 pm

surly we can guarantee that a premier loan player will start for us if we cant then he cant be any better than what we got allready in our squad :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Won't get the same event at Cardiff City stadium and nor should we with the prices charged for shite beer. To be fair for many a game at the City is an all day event. It's just they do it in Canton or Grangetown.

The riddler sold off all are land you mean to all the sharks on the board for there own money making ventures :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:11 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The riddler sold off all are land you mean to all the sharks on the board for there own money making ventures :ayatollah:

Sadly very very true and the Sharks are still on board, eating away at our Club for their own means. PMG. :evil:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:12 pm

I went to Germany......oh i live here as well. :lol: Standing is a plus but the thing i like is when you buy food or drink you use a stadium card to pay, so your not waiting behind someone looking through his pockets for change or waiting for change etc.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Great update Carl.

Its great to hear that we're looking into the German Bundesliga match day experience, and that the club are listenning to fans and willing to look at different avenues.I usually go and watch vfb Stutgart in the summer whenever I goto Germany and its very good experience, where both sets of supporters mingle, however, this is not always the situation, especially when they play their rivals Karlsruhe. Will it work over here, I'm not quite sure.....but be great during sunny days to have beer tents (cheaper pints than those in the stadium hopefully) around the city sadium and some sort of family events like games and rides for children.

Is there any official confirmation on Tommy O'Sullivan pledging his future with Cardiff city.

:ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Apparently if you breakdance in a busy supermarket you can get all of the attention you so obviously crave :roll:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Cheers Carl. I believe that if we have the 'terracing' and a little more entertainment before and after the game, more people will turn up and generate an atmosphere.

all the more reason to get a season ticket....

Got one. Cant renew because of numerous bastarding reasons :evil:
Will get to as many games as possible though :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks Carl most of us appreciate your updates.THANKS AGAIN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Dange wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Apparently if you breakdance in a busy supermarket you can get all of the attention you so obviously crave :roll:

Stick to it then gibsy :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Safe standing, cheaper tickets and drinking in in the stand. I think I have gone to heaven :lol:

Let the grass grow and blame it on the Blues :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Dange wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Just one thing.....how do you know how many people are booked on to Carl's coaches, or is that another thing you didnt actually know?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Dange wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Dange wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Just one thing.....how do you know how many people are booked on to Carl's coaches, or is that another thing you didnt actually know?

:lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Dange wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Dange wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Im mystic meg in disguise ;)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Dange wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Dange wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Im mystic meg in disguise ;)

Mystic Meg......MM......No wonder you know so much regarding tactics (including watering of the pitch) and player purchases ;)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Germany drip seems a waste of time and money to me :shock:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello Mate.

Can you just clarify something for me.

Im aware that existing season ticket holders have untill March 30th to renew their current seat.

You have then said that on April 13th at 5pm, Season Tickets will be removed from sale?

Does this mean that if you dont get a season ticket for the 12/13 season by this date you cannot get one at all?

I only ask as I have mates that are existing season ticket holders but are looking to move seats and were not going to bother purchasing untill June time when they have the funds? I noticed that this was asked the other day and Annis said to someone on here not to worry, they wont be removing them?

Seems a bit strange to take Season Tickets for next season off sale mid April season before :?:

Cheers fella

Millar

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Germany drip seems a waste of time and money to me :shock:

Im not fussed on Angela Merkel either!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:51 pm

On Sunday at the end of the game, David Marshall gave the match ball to a child in the family stand, but for some bizarre reasons one of our stewards was demanding the ball back from the boy, I watched along with a friend at the steward trying to grab the ball from the child, despite the child’s claims that it had been given to him by Marshall. The stewards actions were unnecessary and simply put over the top. The club have started an internal investigation and the child will be invited down to the stadium as a guest of the club and I am assured that he will be given the match day ball as it was a gift to him from David Marshall.

I can belive this.
I sat in the row behind the away dugout in the second half as I have done on many occasions this season to get a better view of us attacking in the secod half .2 kids about 11 -12 also sat there.One of the stewards came up to them and told them to sit in the usual seats.
how pathetic was that.they were just watching the game and getting a better view of their heroes.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Hello Mate.

Im aware that existing season ticket holders have untill March 30th to renew their current seat.

You have then said that on April 13th at 5pm, Season Tickets will be removed from sale?

Does this mean that if you dont get a season ticket for the 12/13 season by this date you cannot get one at all?

I only ask as I have mates that are existing season ticket holders but are looking to move seats and were not going to bother purchasing untill June time when they have the funds? I noticed that this was asked the other day and Annis said to someone on here not to worry, they wont be removing them?

Seems a bit strange to take Season Tickets for next season off sale mid April season before :?:

Cheers fella

Millar

I think the club will look at what division we are in, ticket prices will go up if we do.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Hello Mate.

Cheers fella

Millar

I think the club will look at what division we are in, ticket prices will go up if we do.

Yeah, good point mate, I didnt think of it like that, I would imagine that is exactly it.

Twice in one day you have put me on the right path fella ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:03 pm

:lol: I must be having a good day :lol: you will have plenty of times to correct me don't worry :D