Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Around the box - lets shoot!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:27 pm

It has been noticeable in the last couple of games in particular the lack of efforts on goal by us. Whereas both Hull and Burnley took a shot whenever they had the chance. Whether its the confidence factor but our players don't want to seem to take responsibility. Whitts had our first effort on goal in the 46th minute against hull (free kick) and in the Burnley game Miller got a couple of shots in and Whitts had one blocked. Marshall has easily been the busier in the last couple of games where our visitors goalkeepers have had an easy time.

In around the box, lets get a few more shots on target rather than going for the extra pass. Views? :ayatollah:

Re: Around the box - lets shoot!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Totally agree - we are trying to walk it in on occasions.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Problem if it's not a good shot the fans will be on that players back instantly.
It's the same with the passing, in their head they think shall I go for the killer pass? If they do and it's not perfect and lose the ball the fans will be on their back, simple and easy thing to do in both cases is the simple easy pass and that's what seems to be happening at the moment in my opinion. No one playing well, lots of sideways passing going nowhere.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 pm

mugsy wrote:Totally agree - we are trying to walk it in on occasions.

This was criticism i also had with Dave Jone's teams, trying to over elaborate things instead of giving it a "crack".

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Easy really, if you don't have a go, you don't score. The keeper may fumble, there may be a deflection or it may be a cracking shot that goes straight in. If you increase the number of efforts sooner or later ones going to count. I wish Malky gave them these instructions and we see more attempts at goal rather than take the extra touches and sideways movements. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Easy really, if you don't have a go, you don't score. The keeper may fumble, there may be a deflection or it may be a cracking shot that goes straight in. If you increase the number of efforts sooner or later ones going to count. I wish Malky gave them these instructions and we see more attempts at goal rather than take the extra touches and sideways movements. :ayatollah:

I agree but when confidence is low and you know fans will be on your back it's something they will prob try and avoid.