Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Paolo di Canio response to fan - Malky take note

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm

I have friends who are Swindon fans and I was drawn to the similarities between our situation and Swindons. Look at Di Canio response. This could be us

The Robins lost 2-0 to Crewe on Saturday, two weeks after a heated derby defeat to 10-man Oxford, but Di Canio says fans should remain calm.
"I am the manager and they are the fans," he told BBC Wiltshire.
"They should hope that I am the manager in the future because it's difficult to find another manager like me."
Di Canio continued: "There are always some silly fans, probably the same fans that didn't want Paolo di Canio, who after three defeats they said 'we told you that he is not a good manager'.
"Now they have waited for our first defeat. Maybe when we finish at the top they say we should finish with 130 points.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."
Di Canio added that the vast majority of the fans were supportive of the team, but he remains annoyed that there are a small group who are criticising his decisions.
Continue reading the main story

Ninety-five per cent of fans are amazing because they love this club, but there are a small number of fans who criticise in a silly, pathetic way

Paolo di Canio
"There is some intelligence from the fans," he added. "It's obvious that 99% of the fans are intelligent; they follow us. They don't start to be snobby and maybe judge us after one game.
"They can comment and say they prefer this player or that player, but they don't judge like they are a manager at the top level.
"Ninety-five per cent of fans are amazing because they love this club, but there are a small number of fans who criticise in a silly, pathetic way."

Re: Paolo di Canio response to fan - Malky take note

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Di canio. never done anything stupid ever :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:49 pm

I read this yesterday and thought it was quality

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:15 pm

He has scored the best goal ever in the premier.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:He has scored the best goal ever in the premier.

IMO Giggs scored the best premiership goal when he took on half of the Arsenal team after picking the ball up from just outside his own box and run the length of the pitch with the ball magnetised to his left foot!! :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Merlin wrote:

IMO Giggs scored the best premiership goal when he took on half of the Arsenal team after picking the ball up from just outside his own box and run the length of the pitch with the ball magnetised to his left foot!! :lol:

Ahhh that was FA Cup though :D

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Ahhh that was FA Cup though :D

Oh fook! Aye..... :lol: ok well it must be one of Cantona's then! ;)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Similarities! :?

They havent gone only 9 points in 10 games and are still pissing the division.

Lets Malky for Di Canio :D