Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Choosing your opponent CLEVERLY!!!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:20 pm

The world wide recognised Robin Krasniqi.....

He needs to go stateside ASAP or he will just be classed as another so so European fighter ....

Re: Choosing your opponent CLEVERLY!!!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:13 pm

The World Boxing Organisation has refused to sanction Nathan Cleverly's planned bout against Robin Krasniqi at the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday 28 April. The WBO state that a condition of Cleverly's previous fight, a unanimous decision over Tommy Karpency, was that the winner took a mandatory bout.

lloks like hes got to do as hes told

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 pm

It's all politics .... Hatton had to face Lovemore Ndou as a Mandatory but paid him off so he could fight URANGO!?! And then CASTILLO ...

Froch Khan Hatton and even Joe in his later days made big money in US, Clev needs to get out there ASAP, Froch got himself a shot at Lucian Bute because of his exploits, if Clev wants big fights then he needs to commit.
Taking mandatories against unknowns ain't gonna do him any good.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 pm

You can expect a lot more of this as long as he's with Frank Warren.

It'll be like Calzaghe all over again minus his talent of course.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Hate is a strong word , but In relation towards my feelings about Fwarren......
It ain't strong enough!!!!

Hatton Joe Naz Benn Collins to name but a few have all been screwed of millions just so he can lace his pockets!!!

I love boxing and hate not having that BOXNAtION channel but I refuse to put a penny in that cnuts wallet.

To be frank, I don't like him.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Frank Warren is a nob. He will argue with boxers over a pound. The sooner Cleverly leaves him, the better :evil:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 pm

He had an excellent relationship with Joe for years,or so it seemed.Warren knew with Joe he could make obscene amounts of money and milked it for what it was worth.Tocker Pudwell ffs :lol: Will Mcintyre :lol: Only when he had to did he pair Joe with someone live.Towards the end i think Joe realised his worth and his confidence grew after he beat Lacy and Kessler.That's when the problems started and Calzaghe realised he's been mugged off all these years.What a fighter though and the best Britains ever produced imo.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 pm

6 bysedd wrote:He had an excellent relationship with Joe for years,or so it seemed.Warren knew with Joe he could make obscene amounts of money and milked it for what it was worth.Tocker Pudwell ffs :lol: Will Mcintyre :lol: Only when he had to did he pair Joe with someone live.Towards the end i think Joe realised his worth and his confidence grew after he beat Lacy and Kessler.That's when the problems started and Calzaghe realised he's been mugged off all these years.What a fighter though and the best Britains ever produced imo.

Agreed with most for that until you said Calzaghe is the best British boxer ever. I think he isn't even the best Welsh boxer. Tommy Farr was better than him imo.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Ackers wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:He had an excellent relationship with Joe for years,or so it seemed.Warren knew with Joe he could make obscene amounts of money and milked it for what it was worth.Tocker Pudwell ffs :lol: Will Mcintyre :lol: Only when he had to did he pair Joe with someone live.Towards the end i think Joe realised his worth and his confidence grew after he beat Lacy and Kessler.That's when the problems started and Calzaghe realised he's been mugged off all these years.What a fighter though and the best Britains ever produced imo.

Agreed with most for that until you said Calzaghe is the best British boxer ever. I think he isn't even the best Welsh boxer. Tommy Farr was better than him imo.

That's going back a bit lol.Impossible to compare really.Perhaps i should have said JC was the best i've seen in my lifetime.I will say though that Farr lost 30 times in his career and Joe 0 :D

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Without doubt one of the best boxers in my time too. But Farr and also Jimmy Wilde use to fight. Not like some of these exhibition fight Joe called world title defences :D

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Ackers wrote:Without doubt one of the best boxers in my time too. But Farr and also Jimmy Wilde use to fight. Not like some of these exhibition fight Joe called world title defences :D

Again im a little bit young to remember Jimmy Wilde but from what i've seen read and heard he was as good as it got.The best flyweight ever according to some.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Ackers wrote:Without doubt one of the best boxers in my time too. But Farr and also Jimmy Wilde use to fight. Not like some of these exhibition fight Joe called world title defences :D
Jimmy Wilde was the greatest fighter pound for pound according to most decent american boxing books. Very hard to compare fighters from different eras . Wales has produced many great fighters :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 pm

cardiff yid wrote:
Jimmy Wilde was the greatest fighter pound for pound according to most decent american boxing books. Very hard to compare fighters from different eras . Wales has produced many great fighters :ayatollah:

Exactly the point I was trying to make. To say Joe is the best British boxer of all time, is a big call. As we have had a few to push him for the best boxer that Wales has ever produced :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 pm

I love these "who is the best Boxers threads". The truth is we all have different opinions and no one is right and no one is wrong.
Over the last century Wales have had some fantastic Boxers from Jimmy Driscoll to Jimmy Wilde. Tommy Farr, Joe Calzaghe, Now Nathan. How good is Nathan well we will find out as he goes up in Class.
But with Boxing i hate the politics of it. I hope we can see Mayweather v manny but i doubt it. But for any Boxing fan i can strongly advise you read some of the above autobiographies . Driscolls "Peerless Jim" Jimmy Wilde's and Joe's all cracking reads i can promise you. Especially the first two :ayatollah: Jimmy Driscoll was the first i read over twenty years ago and i still remember a lot of it, the man was of Irish background and when he died the gathering in Cardiff was massive and is buried in Cathay's cemetery if you can find a copy of his book please read it it breathtaking :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Farr and Wilde fought before the First World War mun lol No one on here would have seen them fight other than grainy archive footage.I honestly believe Calzaghes the best British boxer in living memory.And if your calling it on what boxing pundits have said then theres plenty who say Joe was too.I also believe Joe would have been rated even higher had his hands held out more and not been so soft.Early on in his career and when his hands were good he had real knockout power *chinning Eubank*but once they went he never had the confidence to hit as hard.He then just outboxed his opponents for the rest of his career.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 pm

6 bysedd wrote:Farr and Wilde fought before the First World War mun lol No one on here would have seen them fight other than grainy archive footage.I honestly believe Calzaghes the best British boxer in living memory.And if your calling it on what boxing pundits have said then theres plenty who say Joe was too.I also believe Joe would have been rated even higher had his hands held out more and not been so soft.Early on in his career and when his hands were good he had real knockout power *chinning Eubank*but once they went he never had the confidence to hit as hard.He then just outboxed his opponents for the rest of his career.

You can read the accounts of there fights. But before you judge the pair of them read the books first .

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I love these "who is the best Boxers threads". The truth is we all have different opinions and no one is right and no one is wrong.
Over the last century Wales have had some fantastic Boxers from Jimmy Driscoll to Jimmy Wilde. Tommy Farr, Joe Calzaghe, Now Nathan. How good is Nathan well we will find out as he goes up in Class.
But with Boxing i hate the politics of it. I hope we can see Mayweather v manny but i doubt it. But for any Boxing fan i can strongly advise you read some of the above autobiographies . Driscolls "Peerless Jim" Jimmy Wilde's and Joe's all cracking reads i can promise you. Especially the first two :ayatollah: Jimmy Driscoll was the first i read over twenty years ago and i still remember a lot of it, the man was of Irish background and when he died the gathering in Cardiff was massive and is buried in Cathay's cemetery if you can find a copy of his book please read it it breathtaking :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You mention great Welsh boxers but yo failed to mention the great JohneyOwen

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I love these "who is the best Boxers threads". The truth is we all have different opinions and no one is right and no one is wrong.

You mention great Welsh boxers but yo failed to mention the great JohneyOwen

Quite right and i stand corrected Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: