Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Liberty capacity to be increased to 30,000+?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
james-jackarmy wrote:
magicdaps wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
magicdaps wrote:Won't be long now boys, and you'll be neither the biggest OR best club in Wales.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30574838/

Discuss....

But why would you increase the capacity ? please explain

You are aware that there are many thousands on the waiting list for a swans season ticket yes? It would be folly indeed, given what I think we can now safely say is a minimum of another premiership season, not to seriously consider increasing capacity. Huw's the man, and if he says we need to increase, then who are you or I to argue? :D

magic,

how many current season ticket holders do you have??

around the 16,000 mark atm!!

ok cheers....

so if you have around 16000 current season ticket holders , and so many waiting for season ticket holders, i still think you will struggle to fill 30000.. thats hoping for alot of walk ups and i dont see where these will come from...

currently we have 18500 season ticket holders and our average attendance this yr is around 22-23k. bearing in mind we have a slightly larger catchment area for fans i find it hard to believe you will get 30k..

aparantly, there are 6,000 people on a waiting list. i think as the club continue to grow we wont be far off filling any increase in capacity. just have to wait and see i guess

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:43 pm

aw bless them, they really are enjoying their season of glory arent they,mind you. you cant blame them after living in our shadow for so many years and still deep down they know that we will always be the Premier club in Wales.
Their stadium is souless, so far out of the way and not even theirs, yett they still try and bang the drum that they are better than us.
I love them coming on this board as it shows that they really do care what their Capital City Club thinks of them.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:06 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
magicdaps wrote:Won't be long now boys, and you'll be neither the biggest OR best club in Wales.

Discuss....

Like any of us elders give a flying f**k, are there as many City fans post on the JB site than on here....

BTW you'll always be Wales no2 no matter what league you play in

Uh how does that work then?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 pm

WHY 30K............................DONT MAKE SENSE TO ME

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Running before they can walk comes to mind. i think they should at least wait 2 or 3 seasons

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Running before they can walk comes to mind. i think they should at least wait 2 or 3 seasons

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Just a few points.

Although you currently have larger attendances than us, with greater amount of season tickets holders than us. A majority of your season ticket holders for whatever reason have decided not to turn up to matches.

How many season ticket holders have renewed so far compared to last and will you have more season ticket holders than us at the start of the new season?

How much income will you lose if people to don't renew and your weekly footfall is not what is has been this season? Our season tickets will sell.

There is no waiting list at the Swans for season tickets. Ring the club and ask to be put on it, and they will ask, what list? Despite this large amount of people are still trying to purchase a season ticket but have to wait to see how many renew this season. There is no waiting list.

Also believe that the ground or stand does not have to be demolished to increase capacity. Believe this can be done by building a stand behind and over the existing stand without having to touch any foundations. This is what I have been told. But I am not a builder.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:24 pm

magicdaps wrote:
tommo blue wrote:100 STATICS AND 50 TOURERS , THEN THEY GO BACK TO KILN PARK :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE AS BIG AS US , CARRY ON CELEBRATING THE GRAND SLAM GYPOS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again with the gypo jibes?
We're better than you, soon to be bigger than you, and that's all you've goto cling on to is those old gypo insults? Not even that works for you. :lol:

You obviously need reminding...

http://wales.gov.uk/docs/statistics/201 ... 2011en.pdf

There are 8.0625 gypsies in Cardiff for every 1 in Swansea. FACT.

That would be because WE ARE YOUR CAPITAL! :lol: :lol: and silly swansea town is half the size of YOUR CAPTIAL! :lol: :lol:

Personally id rather a half empty ground of decent fans over one FULL of plastics and egg chasers!

:ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:27 pm

And yet just 6 years or so back you were only getting 12k,,the reason you have bigger crowds is due to the fact you had the fa cup run and you have been pushing for the premier for the last 4to5 years,yes last season we were getting 15 k,but with the season we have had if we did go down we would still keep hold of many of the fans as you have done,plus what looks like another season in the prem our fan base will only grow as we play great football.
So my dear bluebirds its all good down here in the west,and with the biggest club stadium in wales it up and up for the jacks..

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:28 pm

swansealad69 wrote:And yet just 6 years or so back you were only getting 12k,,the reason you have bigger crowds is due to the fact you had the fa cup run and you have been pushing for the premier for the last 4to5 years,yes last season we were getting 15 k,but with the season we have had if we did go down we would still keep hold of many of the fans as you have done,plus what looks like another season in the prem our fan base will only grow as we play great football.
So my dear bluebirds its all good down here in the west,and with the biggest club stadium in wales it up and up for the jacks..

Swansea 'fdguhdrugerhugerhg' lad

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:29 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Running before they can walk comes to mind. i think they should at least wait 2 or 3 seasons

wait for what ? we're in the prem now , we have the money now , we have the demand now what purpose would waiting 3 seasons serve

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:30 pm

16,000 is the maximum number of season tickets we are allowed to sell as 10% of the capacity has to be held back for matchday sales and 10% for away fans.

To look onto expanding the stadium is a complete no brainer and building would be unlikely to start until the end of next season assuming we are still in the PL.

For the club to continue to progress it is something that has to happen. The demand and interest is there.

The club also want to be able to reintroduce cheap tickets for kids and free tickets to schools, which helps capture the next generation of fans. It's something that they can't Di at the moment due to a lack of capacity.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I am not going to go with the insults. To the Jacks on here how are they going to expand. I am on the understanding that you will need to completely demolish say one stand and re do the footings, and how long would it take to demolish do the footings and rebuild a new stand. And what would be the capacity whilst work is being done.

Wolves are managing it but for them they had 4 different stands not attached, but yours is a bowl.

But just to say; we can cheaply and quickly expand our stadium to 35.000 and it could be done in the close season as everything is in place to do so. So please don't give the large one.

But just to say; we can cheaply and quickly expand our stadium to 35.000 and it could be done in the close season as everything is in place to do so. So please don't give the large one.

Unlike us, you can't fill what you've got. For that to happen, you'd have to reach the promised land, and from what I've read on here, that ain't happening any time soon. :o

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:52 pm

magicdaps wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I am not going to go with the insults. To the Jacks on here how are they going to expand. I am on the understanding that you will need to completely demolish say one stand and re do the footings, and how long would it take to demolish do the footings and rebuild a new stand. And what would be the capacity whilst work is being done.

Wolves are managing it but for them they had 4 different stands not attached, but yours is a bowl.

Unlike us, you can't fill what you've got. For that to happen, you'd have to reach the promised land, and from what I've read on here, that ain't happening any time soon. :o

Theres a major difference with us and you, We can average 22,000 and 23,000 crowds in this division and still not go up, yet on your promotion season last season, please tell me what your average crowds were ? Also on your way to the Premiership did you not have to offer cheap tickets and get crowds of 12,000 and 13,000 ?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:54 pm

james-jackarmy wrote:
magicdaps wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Discuss....

But why would you increase the capacity ? please explain

You are aware that there are many thousands on the waiting list for a swans season ticket yes? It would be folly indeed, given what I think we can now safely say is a minimum of another premiership season, not to seriously consider increasing capacity. Huw's the man, and if he says we need to increase, then who are you or I to argue? :D

magic,

how many current season ticket holders do you have??

around the 16,000 mark atm!!

ok cheers....

so if you have around 16000 current season ticket holders , and so many waiting for season ticket holders, i still think you will struggle to fill 30000.. thats hoping for alot of walk ups and i dont see where these will come from...

currently we have 18500 season ticket holders and our average attendance this yr is around 22-23k. bearing in mind we have a slightly larger catchment area for fans i find it hard to believe you will get 30k..

You're not comparing like for like. You're basing your figures on a championship club. You might have noticed that we are a premier league club, and so your sums won't calculate. :D

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Once a Blue Always a Blue wrote:
magicdaps wrote:
tommo blue wrote:100 STATICS AND 50 TOURERS , THEN THEY GO BACK TO KILN PARK :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE AS BIG AS US , CARRY ON CELEBRATING THE GRAND SLAM GYPOS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again with the gypo jibes?
We're better than you, soon to be bigger than you, and that's all you've goto cling on to is those old gypo insults? Not even that works for you. :lol:

You obviously need reminding...

http://wales.gov.uk/docs/statistics/201 ... 2011en.pdf

There are 8.0625 gypsies in Cardiff for every 1 in Swansea. FACT.

That would be because WE ARE YOUR CAPITAL! :lol: :lol: and silly swansea town is half the size of YOUR CAPTIAL! :lol: :lol:

Personally id rather a half empty ground of decent fans over one FULL of plastics and egg chasers!

:ayatollah:

Well, looking at season ticket sales for next season, your wish has come true... Just remember though, with your massive debts, the less bums on seats you lads have, the more likely you are to vanish. Oh dear :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Morriston Monkey wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Discuss....

Like any of us elders give a flying f**k, are there as many City fans post on the JB site than on here....

Just like Brum is second to London...second City. ;) :D

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:08 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Morriston Monkey wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Discuss....

And in footballing terms, we are Villa to Birmingham, as you are Barnet to London. :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Exciting times.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

I just applied to my landlord for a bigger garden. Maybe Hugh can give me tips on how to apply to a landlord to change what is rented ?
I don't share my property with 15 rugby players either , so as long as my landlord splashes the cash I'll have a lovely garden for the summer ----------------------------- I got no fecking chance , same as Hughie

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:22 pm

magicdaps wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Morriston Monkey wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Discuss....

And in footballing terms, we are Villa to Birmingham, as you are Barnet to London. :lol:

So what you're trying to imply is that Barnet are the top team in London? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Well can the jacks talk about anything with out saying we are a Preniere club, and we play brilliant football. We actually know you are in the Prem and I will admit you play good football but your support is still inbred and a bunch of jackanory wasters, pardon the pun.
Like your manager you have zero class and like some that go up some will stay ie Wigan even on there support or come straight back down. Next season will be your test as other teams will know what you are all about and can you hang on to your star players and manager when other clubs come knocking ???

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 pm

NJ73 wrote:
bluecity2 wrote:You don't own it ........Council home :lol:

Much like the San Siro. Doesn't seem to have had a negative effect on the 2 Milan clubs though :mrgreen:

Now here I was thinking Stadco were the ones managing the stadium. Not Swansea City.

The same Stadco who have failed to pay the council anything due to making zero profits, if I'm not mistaken?

So where does this money come from to upgrade the stadium? And would the council be happy at not receiving a penny?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:53 pm

nerd wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Much like the San Siro. Doesn't seem to have had a negative effect on the 2 Milan clubs though :mrgreen:

Now here I was thinking Stadco were the ones managing the stadium. Not Swansea City.

The same Stadco who have failed to pay the council anything due to making zero profits, if I'm not mistaken?

So where does this money come from to upgrade the stadium? And would the council be happy at not receiving a penny?

Who mentioned us managing the stadium. The reference to the San Siro was made in the context of that it is also owned by the council, not the club(s).

As for the issue of SSMC (not called Stadco any longer) not making any profits, this is more than balanced out by the fact the council does not have to pay for any upkeep to the stadium, the clubs do through their financial contribution to SSMC.

The money from the upgrade to the stadium comes from the club.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:57 pm

I can't see the Ospreys agreeing to this. They can't fill the stadium at the moment and if it's bigger they'll likely lose more fans as an empty dome is pretty soulless.

Also they know that if some of their season ticket holders get Swansea season tickets they may not be able to afford both.

It's lose lose for the ospreys.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:03 pm

NJ73 wrote:
nerd wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Who mentioned us managing the stadium. The reference to the San Siro was made in the context of that it is also owned by the council, not the club(s).

As for the issue of SSMC (not called Stadco any longer) not making any profits, this is more than balanced out by the fact the council does not have to pay for any upkeep to the stadium, the clubs do through their financial contribution to SSMC.

The money from the upgrade to the stadium comes from the club.

If the club pay for an upgrade to a stadium they don't own , does their rent stay the same or does it go up as the council will have to clean streets etc afterwards ? (obviously extra capacity will cover that bill)

Are Jack council tax payers happy that this stadium will not make much revenue for their city ?

What would happen if your club forked out a few million on an upgrade but got relegated next season ? Would they honour the debt (including yearly rent) ?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Running before they can walk comes to mind. i think they should at least wait 2 or 3 seasons

Totally agree

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:34 pm

History about to repeat itself.

One good season at the top level, directors get over-excited, spend their psare cash on the ground. Few injuries and loss of form, back down, nice improved, but noew half empty ground.

Anyone over 40 who posts on here will know where that has happened before.

If you ares still in the prem in 2 years time, selling out and with a settled squad, an academy, a Premiership training facility and coaching, and scouting network with spare money in the bank THEN thats the time to do it.

We sell out over 80% of our ground every week in the Championship.
An average of 22k+ in a ground which hold 24k home fans, families turned away every week - the pent up demand is there with us WITHOUT promotion, we already have the Prem training facility and academy. IF we go up then all we would have to do is increase our capacity -and everything is ready for that. I beleive however we'd only be looking at 5-6k extra at a much lower cost. Long term more cold be added, but I doubt it would ever be needed.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
magicdaps wrote:

Theres a major difference with us and you, We can average 22,000 and 23,000 crowds in this division and still not go up, yet on your promotion season last season, please tell me what your average crowds were ? Also on your way to the Premiership did you not have to offer cheap tickets and get crowds of 12,000 and 13,000 ?

But didn't this same club also get so many ST holders to buy... by lying through their teeth??. most ccfc fans bought them because they were so certain the club was going up and not to miss out... and i guess the rest is history. i personally think you'll struggle to sell half that amount this season. And i genuinly wouldn't get any satisfaction if thats the case it's just an opinion.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:43 pm

james-jackarmy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
magicdaps wrote:

But didn't this same club also get so many ST holders to buy... by lying through their teeth??. most ccfc fans bought them because they were so certain the club was going up and not to miss out... and i guess the rest is history. i personally think you'll struggle to sell half that amount this season. And i genuinly wouldn't get any satisfaction if thats the case it's just an opinion.

Yes and we have continued to sell to that same group 3 seasons later. So what is your point