Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Liberty capacity to be increased to 30,000+?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:58 pm

james-jackarmy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
magicdaps wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I am not going to go with the insults. To the Jacks on here how are they going to expand. I am on the understanding that you will need to completely demolish say one stand and re do the footings, and how long would it take to demolish do the footings and rebuild a new stand. And what would be the capacity whilst work is being done.

Wolves are managing it but for them they had 4 different stands not attached, but yours is a bowl.

But just to say; we can cheaply and quickly expand our stadium to 35.000 and it could be done in the close season as everything is in place to do so. So please don't give the large one.

But just to say; we can cheaply and quickly expand our stadium to 35.000 and it could be done in the close season as everything is in place to do so. So please don't give the large one.

Unlike us, you can't fill what you've got. For that to happen, you'd have to reach the promised land, and from what I've read on here, that ain't happening any time soon. :o

Theres a major difference with us and you, We can average 22,000 and 23,000 crowds in this division and still not go up, yet on your promotion season last season, please tell me what your average crowds were ? Also on your way to the Premiership did you not have to offer cheap tickets and get crowds of 12,000 and 13,000 ?

But didn't this same club also get so many ST holders to buy... by lying through their teeth??. most ccfc fans bought them because they were so certain the club was going up and not to miss out... and i guess the rest is history. i personally think you'll struggle to sell half that amount this season. And i genuinly wouldn't get any satisfaction if thats the case it's just an opinion.

At the moment, about 10000 have renewed, so over 1/2 aready, although I fully exepct us to be down on the 18500.

You yourselves have actually only sold 10500 with your deadline only a few days away, and thats a side 8th in the Prem, wo've just won 3 in a row.

By the way unless we go up, I hate to say it but our gates may well drop below yours next season.

Its happened before, and long term we'll eventually get back on top though :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
james-jackarmy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
magicdaps wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I am not going to go with the insults. To the Jacks on here how are they going to expand. I am on the understanding that you will need to completely demolish say one stand and re do the footings, and how long would it take to demolish do the footings and rebuild a new stand. And what would be the capacity whilst work is being done.

Wolves are managing it but for them they had 4 different stands not attached, but yours is a bowl.

Unlike us, you can't fill what you've got. For that to happen, you'd have to reach the promised land, and from what I've read on here, that ain't happening any time soon. :o

Theres a major difference with us and you, We can average 22,000 and 23,000 crowds in this division and still not go up, yet on your promotion season last season, please tell me what your average crowds were ? Also on your way to the Premiership did you not have to offer cheap tickets and get crowds of 12,000 and 13,000 ?

But didn't this same club also get so many ST holders to buy... by lying through their teeth??. most ccfc fans bought them because they were so certain the club was going up and not to miss out... and i guess the rest is history. i personally think you'll struggle to sell half that amount this season. And i genuinly wouldn't get any satisfaction if thats the case it's just an opinion.

Yes and we have continued to sell to that same group 3 seasons later. So what is your point

my point is that.. the fans renewed and frenzied to buy the ST's because they thought you were getting promoted.. they renewed again when Vincent tan etc took over and do you think you'll sell the same this year or is the bubble starting to burst now that your season appears to have faded out abit..

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Lawnmower wrote:History about to repeat itself.

One good season at the top level, directors get over-excited, spend their psare cash on the ground. Few injuries and loss of form, back down, nice improved, but noew half empty ground.

Anyone over 40 who posts on here will know where that has happened before.

If you ares still in the prem in 2 years time, selling out and with a settled squad, an academy, a Premiership training facility and coaching, and scouting network with spare money in the bank THEN thats the time to do it.

We sell out over 80% of our ground every week in the Championship.
An average of 22k+ in a ground which hold 24k home fans, families turned away every week - the pent up demand is there with us WITHOUT promotion, we already have the Prem training facility and academy. IF we go up then all we would have to do is increase our capacity -and everything is ready for that. I beleive however we'd only be looking at 5-6k extra at a much lower cost. Long term more cold be added, but I doubt it would ever be needed.

Well that's factually incorrect as last time the ground was improved before we even got to the top flight.

I do hope you all realise that we're not going to start expanding the stadium tomorrow? :?

A planning application will be submitted in approx two months time and any redevelopment will not commence until a point in next season when (and of course, if) our Premier League status is again secured. The current no.1 priority is a new training ground with the facilities to achieve Acadamy status.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:09 pm

SBF1 wrote:Gypsy's everywhere fella (Fact)

Swansea gypsy's directly connected to the club. Fact.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -120k.html

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/0 ... 68x310.jpg

See pic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:23 pm

magicdaps wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Morriston Monkey wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
magicdaps wrote:Won't be long now boys, and you'll be neither the biggest OR best club in Wales.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30574838/

Discuss....

Like any of us elders give a flying f**k, are there as many City fans post on the JB site than on here....

BTW you'll always be Wales no2 no matter what league you play in

Uh how does that work then?

Just like Brum is second to London...second City. ;) :D

And in footballing terms, we are Villa to Birmingham, as you are Barnet to London. :lol:

you,re right magic you are like villa.they aint won anything for years either.16 years .at least you,ve won the jpt in that time though.i hear your manager was raving over keith fahey the other day on chris kamaras show

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 pm

you can retrofit pile foundations to buildings without demolition to take the increased static load and active load incurred by new stand and fans respectively. its very expensive to do though. I don't think demolition is necessary, though there may be other constraints, such as nearby buildings etc

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Oh deary deary me.

You can't even fill that dump now when youre in the prem.

Haven't got a broad enough range(barely fit 20k already)

Once Brenda leaves, Scotty leaves, your barca football will also escape, 1 shock relegation(QUICKER THAN YOUJ THINK, BANG) and then youll be back in the footy league for a year or so, back down to 14k/30k, I WILL BE LAUGHING.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:33 pm

NJ73 wrote:16,000 is the maximum number of season tickets we are allowed to sell as 10% of the capacity has to be held back for matchday sales and 10% for away fans.

To look onto expanding the stadium is a complete no brainer and building would be unlikely to start until the end of next season assuming we are still in the PL.

For the club to continue to progress it is something that has to happen. The demand and interest is there.

The club also want to be able to reintroduce cheap tickets for kids and free tickets to schools, which helps capture the next generation of fans. It's something that they can't Di at the moment due to a lack of capacity.

That means there will be more Liverpool and manure fans in there, have you not had enough of them yet.
I have plenty of tickets for sale by the way for every game :o :lol: ;)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:16,000 is the maximum number of season tickets we are allowed to sell as 10% of the capacity has to be held back for matchday sales and 10% for away fans.

To look onto expanding the stadium is a complete no brainer and building would be unlikely to start until the end of next season assuming we are still in the PL.

For the club to continue to progress it is something that has to happen. The demand and interest is there.

The club also want to be able to reintroduce cheap tickets for kids and free tickets to schools, which helps capture the next generation of fans. It's something that they can't Di at the moment due to a lack of capacity.

That means there will be more Liverpool and manure fans in there, have you not had enough of them yet.
I have plenty of tickets for sale by the way for every game :o :lol: ;)

can you pm me your number mates of mine are seriously looking for tickets i'll have em off you

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Triangles wrote:Just a few points.

Although you currently have larger attendances than us, with greater amount of season tickets holders than us. A majority of your season ticket holders for whatever reason have decided not to turn up to matches.

How many season ticket holders have renewed so far compared to last and will you have more season ticket holders than us at the start of the new season?

How much income will you lose if people to don't renew and your weekly footfall is not what is has been this season? Our season tickets will sell.

There is no waiting list at the Swans for season tickets. Ring the club and ask to be put on it, and they will ask, what list? Despite this large amount of people are still trying to purchase a season ticket but have to wait to see how many renew this season. There is no waiting list.

Also believe that the ground or stand does not have to be demolished to increase capacity. Believe this can be done by building a stand behind and over the existing stand without having to touch any foundations. This is what I have been told. But I am not a builder.

a minority of our st holders may not turn up for most games but its not the majority.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 pm

murphy wrote:

Although you currently have larger attendances than us, with greater amount of season tickets holders than us. A majority of your season ticket holders for whatever reason have decided not to turn up to matches.

How many season ticket holders have renewed so far compared to last and will you have more season ticket holders than us at the start of the new season?

How much income will you lose if people to don't renew and your weekly footfall is not what is has been this season? Our season tickets will sell.

There is no waiting list at the Swans for season tickets. Ring the club and ask to be put on it, and they will ask, what list? Despite this large amount of people are still trying to purchase a season ticket but have to wait to see how many renew this season. There is no waiting list.

Also believe that the ground or stand does not have to be demolished to increase capacity. Believe this can be done by building a stand behind and over the existing stand without having to touch any foundations. This is what I have been told. But I am not a builder.

a minority of our st holders may not turn up for most games but its not the majority.

A significant minority if Forever Blue is to be believed.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 pm

magicdaps wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
magicdaps wrote:Won't be long now boys, and you'll be neither the biggest OR best club in Wales.

Discuss....

But why would you increase the capacity ? please explain

You are aware that there are many thousands on the waiting list for a swans season ticket yes? It would be folly indeed, given what I think we can now safely say is a minimum of another premiership season, not to seriously consider increasing capacity. Huw's the man, and if he says we need to increase, then who are you or I to argue? :D

Where were these thousands last season? You were giving tickets away with grocery shopping.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:08 pm

NJ73 wrote:
murphy wrote:

A significant minority if Forever Blue is to be believed.

put it this way, i dont know any st holders who dont go. the ones i know may miss a couple of games due to work, same way as i missed 1 of our games.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 pm

I don't get you Cardiff fans on times.. you go on about how you will blow us out of the water with fans. The last time i checked the last team to have the most fans in a stadium to watch a game of football was swansea who took 43,000 to wembley.. Cardiff on the other hand took 38,000 against blackpool in there biggest game in there history?.. where was your Barcaesque support that day?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 pm

WestWhite wrote:I don't get you Cardiff fans on times.. you go on about how you will blow us out of the water with fans. The last time i checked the last team to have the most fans in a stadium to watch a game of football was swansea who took 43,000 to wembley.. Cardiff on the other hand took 38,000 against blackpool in there biggest game in there history?.. where was your Barcaesque support that day?

sold out!!!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 pm

I bet we've been having more inside the Lib than you have at yours all season.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:27 pm

murphy wrote:
WestWhite wrote:I don't get you Cardiff fans on times.. you go on about how you will blow us out of the water with fans. The last time i checked the last team to have the most fans in a stadium to watch a game of football was swansea who took 43,000 to wembley.. Cardiff on the other hand took 38,000 against blackpool in there biggest game in there history?.. where was your Barcaesque support that day?

sold out!!!

Tough shit ain't it.. like you say about us having lower crowds than you this season

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:27 pm

6 bysedd wrote:I bet we've been having more inside the Lib than you have at yours all season.

dream on.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm

why is this thread on here? delete this shit. :roll: mod's

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:45 pm

taffy123 wrote:why is this thread on here? delete this shit. :roll: mod's

You're always all over Swansea threads yourself.I've noticed :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:Oh deary deary me.

You can't even fill that dump now when youre in the prem.

Haven't got a broad enough range(barely fit 20k already)

Once Brenda leaves, Scotty leaves, your barca football will also escape, 1 shock relegation(QUICKER THAN YOUJ THINK, BANG) and then youll be back in the footy league for a year or so, back down to 14k/30k, I WILL BE LAUGHING.

Why do some of you keep on comming out with we cant sell out this season?
EVERY SINGLE GAME IS SOLD OUT TEN DAYS BEFORE THE GAME. THATS EVERY GAME
http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,10354~2658172,00.html

Dont forget our Barca football started long before Brendan came!
If a player leaves we will get top dollar for him, and buying for £1m and selling for £5m to £15m is hardly going to kill us.
The sale of Vorm alone could finance the ground.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
taffy123 wrote:why is this thread on here? delete this shit. :roll: mod's

You're always all over Swansea threads yourself.I've noticed :lol:

delete this shit. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:53 pm

The latest news is that Huw Jenkins is accepting Part Ex Caravans and pegs for a discount from supporters, Apparantly their offloading them to Trade centre Wales and if you tell them "trevor sent you" you get a free badge stating "proud to be a gippo" :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:13 pm

why can they not have a little dignity ?

They have a very good first season, won a lot of neutrals over and contribute to the Welsh national team.

But their insecurity and paranoia is not even skin deep, one slightest "up" on their bigger, better looking, older brother and they can't wait to have a tantrum.

Look gents, the council ,who own the stadium, are not going to increase its capacity by 50% so half the tenants can let more away fans in five or six time a year in good years for local government revenue, forget about the bleakest outlook in living memory.

I suggest to you this is a story leaked by the club to keep the good will flowing and season ticket sales ticking over with little or no chance of this actually happening.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 am

Discuss....

We are really pleased for you. Well done :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:58 am

jack shat. delete (all )post's by jack's on this, CARDIFF CITY FORUM. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: