Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE TRUTH PLEASE!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 am

I am expecting the announcement on deadline day that we offered a million pound signing on fee and paying all the wages for some supersonic target man to push us towards the play offs...but he has asked for more! Well that’s what normally happens. We as fans are not idiots! So

To: Malky Mackay, CCFC Directors and CCFC Owners - Stop the bullshit and give us the bottom line...THERE IS NO MONEY AVAILABLE FOR SIGNINGS OR TRANSFERS AND THERE NEVER WAS!!!!!!!!!!

Re: THE TRUTH PLEASE!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 am

SPOT ON ROY

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 am

Roy wrote:I am expecting the announcement on deadline day that we offered a million pound signing on fee and paying all the wages for some supersonic target man to push us towards the play offs...but he has asked for more! Well that’s what normally happens. We as fans are not idiots! So

To: Malky Mackay, CCFC Directors and CCFC Owners - Stop the bullshit and give us the bottom line...THERE IS NO MONEY AVAILABLE FOR SIGNINGS OR TRANSFERS AND THERE NEVER WAS!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!! THATS THE WAY!!! SPEND £1 MILLION POUND ON SOMEONE TO LAST US TILL MAY!!!! GREAT THINKING!!!!
.............. or not.

Be realistic ffs, £1 million as a signing on fee for a LOAN PLAYER that will finish by April 28th....... are you sure you know an ounce about how to even be realistic?

They said there is money available, hell......Gunnarson in the summer window alone cost £1.6 mill in compensation fee's or something ludicrous like that. Has it ever occurred to you for just 1 minute that players (from the premiership or even the championship) may not want to come to us? Throwing money at them just adds to debt. If you want larger debt for the benefit of getting 1 player in on loan that will most likely be as useful as a paper condom then go ahead. :roll:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:38 am

i think your barking up wrong tree mate roys comments were tongue in cheek

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 am

If it was tongue in cheek i appologise, just sick of all the doom and gloom merchants :D

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:50 am

LWay wrote:Has it ever occurred to you for just 1 minute that players (from the premiership or even the championship) may not want to come to us?

One look on here would be enough to convince any player not to come.

DJ was right about people's expectations.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:54 am

PtB wrote:
LWay wrote:Has it ever occurred to you for just 1 minute that players (from the premiership or even the championship) may not want to come to us?

As Sam Hammam once said (albeit very untrue) "Bigger than Barcelona".

Spoken like a true gentleman that has eye brows bigger than his brain.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:44 pm

LWay wrote:
PtB wrote:

As Sam Hammam once said (albeit very untrue) "Bigger than Barcelona".

Spoken like a true gentleman that has eye brows bigger than his brain.

Yes, Deano is correct it was a hypothetical comment, what I am trying to put accross is that if it is deamed as a waste of money then just say so, not keep harping on that we are looking for players, I would like to know how many believed we were actually going to bring players in, anyone who did then keep the belief...I certainly didn't

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 pm

PtB wrote:

Our fans are the main thing holding this club back IMO.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Ah thats fair enough then mate.

I guess its just not deemed "professional" of a club to say "look, its gonna be a little too unreasonable to spend big bucks on loans, save it for the summer"

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:54 pm

LWay wrote:Ah thats fair enough then mate.

I guess its just not deemed "professional" of a club to say "look, its gonna be a little too unreasonable to spend big bucks on loans, save it for the summer"

It wasnt long ago everyone was saying we wouldn't get any loans at all, then we got Vukic and then Lawrence :roll:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

It wasnt long ago everyone was saying we wouldn't get any loans at all, then we got Vukic and then Lawrence :roll:

I was one of those fans who believed we would get someone in but if we didnt then it didnt really matter because it is better for us to keep the money and buy players than loan a player and pay unreasonable amounts of money for them. Some of the fans on this board expect Mario Gomez to be the next loan target, thats the kind of unreasonable im talking about. Im guessing there arent alot of options in the loan window anyway seeing as its end of season and most players will stick it with their clubs for now

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Yes I agree, but don't say anything, all this talk about missed deals and "we are still looking" is just raising our hopes and when nothing materialises and we get annoyed we get slagged off for having a go. I will say it for the last time "JUST TELL THE TRUTH" its all we ask for.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 pm

So at the end of last season does anybody else think that Craig Bellamy was offered something then come last July there was a change of heart either by the board or Malky ??

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:So at the end of last season does anybody else think that Craig Bellamy was offered something then come last July there was a change of heart either by the board or Malky ??

By either the board or Malky????? Seriously????

As far as im aware with the Bellamy situation, he was told if your willing to take a pay cut, we'll take you. So he went about seeing about getting out of his Man City contract and Liverpool went sniffing. The talks went rather dead from us not having a manager and all that and then at the end of the day Bellamy said that he couldnt turn the opportunity down to play for Liverpool. Not really any blame to be put on the manager or board for that.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:20 pm

LWay wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:So at the end of last season does anybody else think that Craig Bellamy was offered something then come last July there was a change of heart either by the board or Malky ??

As far as im aware with the Bellamy situation, he was told if your willing to take a pay cut, we'll take you. So he went about seeing about getting out of his Man City contract and Liverpool went sniffing. The talks went rather dead from us not having a manager and all that and then at the end of the day Bellamy said that he couldnt turn the opportunity down to play for Liverpool. Not really any blame to be put on the manager or board for that.

So what we are saying then that due to the very high wage demands Cardiff just couldnt show ambition and sign him up ?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Ambition? Look at some of the teams below us in this league and the one below us that showed ambition.
Money isn't free, it doesn't grow on trees.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Roy the realist im starting to like you roy, some fans are waking up atlast like i did 6months ago. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ambition? Look at some of the teams below us in this league and the one below us that showed ambition.
Money isn't free, it doesn't grow on trees.

Leicester you mean ..... yep they blew millions under Sven . I just thought that Bellamy was defo coming back in the summer but things regarding finances didnt work out , £3 mil for Sordell was a good offer which was beaten by a move to the Premier league so I suppose that was ambition by City . But the original post does make sense , sorry !

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:40 pm

I was thing clubs like Leicester, Leeds, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wed, sheff united etc

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Roy the realist im starting to like you roy, some fans are waking up atlast like i did 6months ago. :ayatollah:

Only stating the truth, which is somthing the club has difficulty with. If they spoke the truth the messages posted would reduce 10 fold. We would also know where we stand.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
LWay wrote:

So what we are saying then that due to the very high wage demands Cardiff just couldnt show ambition and sign him up ?

Theres ambition then theres paying £45k a week for a player who may not be able to play every game. Look what happened to Portsmouth signing players on £35k a week, look where they are. The club put in the bid for Bellers to come back, Bellers chose Liverpool. No need to carry on as if it was the clubs fault. Bellamy wanted to go to Liverpool. Not alot else can be said.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Aren't we paying Miller £20k and Lawrence £19k and Earnie £12k a week?

At the time I would have taken Bellamy. But that's all hindsight I suppose...

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:49 pm

All rumoured figures. Ill believe what we're paying them when i see it. Say in the case though we are paying Miller his £22k, Earnie £13k and Lawrence £18.something close enough to round up to £19k. Thats a combined total of £53k for 3 players with Lawrence requiring £50k as a signing on loan fee and Miller requiring £850k transfer fee's....Earnshaw i heard signed on without a signing on fee, he just wanted to return. Dont know how true that is.

Put it all into perspective, 3 players cost us a grand total in a year of:

£850k
£13kx4x12= £624k (per annum)
£22kx4x12= £1.056 mill (per annum)
£50k+(£19kx4x2)= £202k (here till april)

Grand total = £2.732 million

Bellamy would have required a hefty signing on fee, we're talking Kenny Millers transfer fee or higher.

£45kx4x12= £2.160 million (per annum)

Now none of these include appearance fee's, goal fee's, any other contractual clause which include the player gaining money from play or from certain instances.

I disagree'd heavily with the signing of Earnshaw, thought he was nothing but a signing for the fans and if he is on that apparent figure then its wasted money where as if he's on the money that Forrest wanted to knock him down to (£8k) then that would be more acceptable. Regardless. If we had signed Bellamy, like I stated, it would have required a hefty signing on fee for a player who can sometimes spend more time in the doctors room than on the pitch.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:51 pm

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:21 pm

LWay wrote:All rumoured figures. Ill believe what we're paying them when i see it. Say in the case though we are paying Miller his £22k, Earnie £13k and Lawrence £18.something close enough to round up to £19k. Thats a combined total of £53k for 3 players with Lawrence requiring £50k as a signing on loan fee and Miller requiring £850k transfer fee's....Earnshaw i heard signed on without a signing on fee, he just wanted to return. Dont know how true that is.

£850k

Bellamy would have required a hefty signing on fee, we're talking Kenny Millers transfer fee or higher.

Now none of these include appearance fee's, goal fee's, any other contractual clause which include the player gaining money from play or from certain instances.

I disagree'd heavily with the signing of Earnshaw, thought he was nothing but a signing for the fans and if he is on that apparent figure then its wasted money where as if he's on the money that Forrest wanted to knock him down to (£8k) then that would be more acceptable. Regardless. If we had signed Bellamy, like I stated, it would have required a hefty signing on fee for a player who can sometimes spend more time in the doctors room than on the pitch.

Not rumoured figures.

Miller is on £25,000 a week, Earnie basic £13,000 a week and Lawrence £18,000 a week.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LWay wrote:All rumoured figures. Ill believe what we're paying them when i see it. Say in the case though we are paying Miller his £22k, Earnie £13k and Lawrence £18.something close enough to round up to £19k. Thats a combined total of £53k for 3 players with Lawrence requiring £50k as a signing on loan fee and Miller requiring £850k transfer fee's....Earnshaw i heard signed on without a signing on fee, he just wanted to return. Dont know how true that is.

£850k

Not rumoured figures.

Miller is on £25,000 a week, Earnie basic £13,000 a week and Lawrence £18,000 a week.

Well that means I need to make alterations to the math but either way my points stand validly. Are you stalking me now Annis? :D :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:33 pm

LWay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

£850k

Not rumoured figures.

Well that means I need to make alterations to the math but either way my points stand validly. Are you stalking me now Annis? :D :lol:

Yes :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LWay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

£850k

Not rumoured figures.

:lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 pm

LWay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
LWay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

£850k

Not rumoured figures.

:lol: :lol:

Fair play you can have a good debate.