Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DON COWIE

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 am

IMO he is not being used in his natural position which should be a more central role,MM has subbed him the last two games when he has plenty of fuel left in his tank and would be an asset in that area,too many players out of position for my liking....

Re: DON COWIE

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 am

vikinblue wrote:IMO he is not being used in his natural position which should be a more central role,MM has subbed him the last two games when he has plenty of fuel left in his tank and would be an asset in that area,too many players out of position for my liking....

plenty of fuel in his tank, you must be watching a different Cowie to me. He needs a rest, as do most of our other players.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 am

cowie def needs a rest, and i would do that against coventry by playing conway instead..

your are right about position though. cowie played in the middle behind danny graham last yr for watford and chipped in with 13 assists. graham was one of the top scorers.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 am

Cowie's best position is central midfield and when he slots into that position even for Scotland he looks class.All he's done this season is play out of position and sacrifice his best form for helping the team.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 am

Totally agree, central midfield is his best position and it must be frustrating for him to be asked to be played out wide week in week out. He keeps going inside looking for the ball. Could do with a game off to re charge. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:37 pm

I think most of us realise he is doing a job for the team.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:43 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I think most of us realise he is doing a job for the team.

of course he is doing a job for the team, he is a very good player but plays out of position and is in desperate need of a rest. Why Malky puts players out of position and has players on the bench that can do a job in "Their own" positions is beyond me, for example Conway is a wide player, he can play there but for some reason he is warming the bench of late.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:57 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I think most of us realise he is doing a job for the team.

of course he is doing a job for the team, he is a very good player but plays out of position and is in desperate need of a rest. Why Malky puts players out of position and has players on the bench that can do a job in "Their own" positions is beyond me, for example Conway is a wide player, he can play there but for some reason he is warming the bench of late.

The Joe Mason experiment is doing my head in at the moment !

The kids has talent,
The kid has scored goals at vital times
The kid is not a right sided midfield/winger

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Malky has his favourites and just throws them all in the side with little regard for formation and tactics

Square pegs round holes and non more so than don cowie playing left of a 5 man midfield

Its like junior football where you get picked on how popular or rich your dad is not whats best for the team

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Lawrence was a right winger for Pompey wasn't he? Play him there against Cov and Cowie in the centre where he likes it!

LM - Conway

CM - Gunnar
CM - Whitts
CM - Cowie

RM - Lawrence

ST - Miller

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 pm

polo wrote:Malky has his favourites and just throws them all in the side with little regard for formation and tactics

Square pegs round holes and non more so than don cowie playing left of a 5 man midfield

Its like junior football where you get picked on how popular or rich your dad is not whats best for the team

Absolutely Spot on!

Cowie is a clear blue eyes and it's doing my f*****g head in. He reminds me of The Jogging Jock lately, moves around quite a lot but actually contributes F**k all! :evil:

Our squad is too small to ignore the likes of Conway, Darcy, Earnie, Kiss, Keinan etc....

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:16 pm

For Coventry:

-------------Marshall--------------
Blake----Huds----Turner----Taylor
------------------------------------
-----------Kiss----Whitts----------
Lawrence-----------------Conway
--------------Rudy-----------------
--------------------Earnie---------

Lawrence in his actual position plays better than Lawrence in holding midfield. Also Kiss to come in to let Whitts get forward instead of playing as a sweeper like in recent weeks.
Lawrence and Conway both add much needed width.

For Brum:

-------------Marshall--------------
Kev----Huds----Turner----Taylor
------------------------------------
--------------Whitts---------------
---------Cowie----Gunnar--------
Lawrence------------------Conway
---------------Miller----------------

With Kev, Cowie, Gunnar and Miller rested against Cov, they should be raring to go against Brum