Re: Chris riggott Retires

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Did he actually do anything for us? All I can remember him for was injuries

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Ye he hasn't had much luck to be fair :lol:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 pm

I only ever saw him play once home to Coventry and he was probably the most classy, composed centre back I have ever seen in a City shirt, he just made everything look so easy and effortless. He was definitely worth the gamble and how we could do with a centre back like him now. I wish him the very best in the future.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I only ever saw him play once home to Coventry and he was probably the most classy, composed centre back I have ever seen in a City shirt, he just made everything look so easy and effortless. He was definitely worth the gamble and how we could do with a centre back like him now. I wish him the very best in the future.

Agree :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:38 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I only ever saw him play once home to Coventry and he was probably the most classy, composed centre back I have ever seen in a City shirt, he just made everything look so easy and effortless. He was definitely worth the gamble and how we could do with a centre back like him now. I wish him the very best in the future.

Have to agree i think he played 60 minutes that game and i remember thinking our defensive frailties were sorted as we were leaking goals alarmingly at that stage and he looked class cant remember who we played the following game but i think Chris Riggot lasted 16 minutes ,I can understand why a few clubs have taken a gamble on him as you could see he was class when fit .

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:41 am

If he had no injury problems we wouldn't have got near signing him. A fully fit riggott would have been a top 6 prem defender and a regular for England. Shame.

Chris Riggott retires from football with immediate effect

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 am

Shame because the lad clearly had talent...all the best to him for the future from The Mighty Bluebirds :ayatollah:

Re: Chris Riggott retires from football with immediate effect

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:44 am

Was a real shame, was a brilliant defender just couldnt bounce back from his injury problems. If he had stayed fit when we had him we possibly could have gone up. He was 100 times the defender Gypes was :lol:

Re: Chris Riggott retires from football with immediate effect

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:51 am

Good luck to him in the future - looked real quality in the one game he managed to play at CCS before getting injured again.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:37 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:

Have to agree i think he played 60 minutes that game and i remember thinking our defensive frailties were sorted as we were leaking goals alarmingly at that stage and he looked class cant remember who we played the following game but i think Chris Riggot lasted 16 minutes ,I can understand why a few clubs have taken a gamble on him as you could see he was class when fit .

I think it was Bristol City away

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:

I think it was Bristol City away

It was, we lost 3-0 :(

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Good luck to the Lad in what he decides to do in the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:09 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:

i agree too.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

all the best chris riggott what a talent unfortnatley career wasted away by injuries

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Shame, had so much composure when he wasnt injured. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17449000 :ayatollah: