Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My sons first football match.......

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 pm

He will be going to, is..............................................

Luton Town v Grimsby Town, this saturday, his name got picked out of the hat at school.

I'm devastated :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
what if he becomes hooked like I did at Ninian many years ago :o :o :o
Poor kid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And here I was hoping he would be a Bluebird , well he's only 7 so there is still time.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: My sons first football match.......

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 pm

No worries.

I saw Southend vs Carslile when I was 11. I was temporalary hooked but I always remebered Cardiff. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:He will be going to, is..............................................

Luton Town v Grimsby Town, this saturday, his name got picked out of the hat at school.

And here I was hoping he would be a Bluebird , well he's only 7 so there is still time.

Jules, well Luton could be your new team next season. :lol:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:23 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:He will be going to, is..............................................

AHEM.
I believe it was a 4-4 draw on my 14th birthday with Posh ;)
lol joke, well you have 3 sons so I'll forgive you

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Um..............

No thanks :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:

AHEM.

He says he's looking forward to it :o

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

And yours will be your home team of NEWPORT COUNTY :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Another trip to wembley for him then :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Put your fooking foot down Julian. Sell the ticket on and dont tell him :idea: :idea:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Put your fooking foot down Julian. Sell the ticket on and dont tell him :idea: :idea:

Good idea Steve, I'll go to the school in the morning and hijack the ticket :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:43 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:

AHEM.

:O Oh God!! I'm his brother he'll listen to me lol
He's 7, he knows not of that which he speaks. You could always threaten to sell the dog if he doesn't support Cardiff ;)

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:

AHEM.

:O Oh God!! I'm his brother he'll listen to me lol
He's 7, he knows not of that which he speaks. You could always threaten to sell the dog if he doesn't support Cardiff ;)

I was gonna sell it last week but I'm getting used to her now :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Sit him down and explain the lower league football scenario and how Luton are a Mickey Mouse club, then Explain you will take him to the Capital Of Wales and show him the other end of the spectrum he will soon be converted to the Bluebirds!!!!!!! My sister and her family all exiled in Worcester and managed to keep them on the Bluebirds path !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Sit him down and explain the lower league football scenario and how Luton are a Mickey Mouse club, then Explain you will take him to the Capital Of Wales and show him the other end of the spectrum he will soon be converted to the Bluebirds!!!!!!! My sister and her family all exiled in Worcester and managed to keep them on the Bluebirds path !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well the next game I may be going to is Millwall home but I may not take him to that, unless he wants some trouble :ayatollah:

Good point though matey, far better ground, city, place, quality of football
He said to me earlier does Steven Gerrard play for Luton :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:34 pm

I can't believe your son is 7 and you still haven't taken him to see the City! You need to start em early, the earlier the better, or you'll end up losing him to someone else, or god forbid Liverpool or whoever.
I remember a few season ago at NP for a mid week game, there was a bloke on the bob bank terrace with a baby, feeding him from a bottle. Now that's a Dad :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:42 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Sit him down and explain the lower league football scenario and how Luton are a Mickey Mouse club, then Explain you will take him to the Capital Of Wales and show him the other end of the spectrum he will soon be converted to the Bluebirds!!!!!!! My sister and her family all exiled in Worcester and managed to keep them on the Bluebirds path !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well the next game I may be going to is Millwall home but I may not take him to that, unless he wants some trouble :ayatollah:

Good point though matey, far better ground, city, place, quality of football
He said to me earlier does Steven Gerrard play for Luton :lol: :lol: :lol:

ha priceless !!!!!! No If he goes to the Millwall game he'll be appearing in Annis next book !! ha !! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm

harold pinta wrote:I can't believe your son is 7 and you still haven't taken him to see the City! You need to start em early, the earlier the better, or you'll end up losing him to someone else, or god forbid Liverpool or whoever.
I remember a few season ago at NP for a mid week game, there was a bloke on the bob bank terrace with a baby, feeding him from a bottle. Now that's a Dad :ayatollah:

Bet the baby was well interested,
When I go games mate I like to have a beer if I'm not driving and he has said he does wanna go to a match at some point but his school beat me to it. :ayatollah:

Told him how bored he will be tomorrow,

Confirmation from the school letter received today and it says he can bring £5, for a hot dog n drink.
No way is £5 of my money going to a club who's fans burn welsh flags.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:18 pm

You've a responsibility to stop this!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

You've a responsibility to stop this!

LOL, I'm gonna say he's ill when I text his teacher in the morning, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:48 pm

He's back

Says he supports Luton now, yeah right, soon kick that out of him.

Says he enjoyed it........how on earth can u enjoy a 1-1 draw between Luton & Grimsby :lol: :lol:

He's also learnt two words from the game....one begins with F, the other begins with S.

That's non league footy for u son, it is :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Hope you have better luck than me.I took my youngest son to his first football match last season-City Vs Boro :oops:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Hope you have better luck than me.I took my youngest son to his first football match last season-City Vs Boro :oops:

Ouch, what a start :lol: , I felt physically sick after watching that disaster :shock:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:00 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:He's back

Says he supports Luton now, yeah right, soon kick that out of him.

Says he enjoyed it........how on earth can u enjoy a 1-1 draw between Luton & Grimsby :lol: :lol:

He's also learnt two words from the game....one begins with F, the other begins with S.

That's non league footy for u son, it is :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think Luton would be a phase. I had an Arsenal phase and almost a West Ham one :shock: :oops: .