Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Very concerned "

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 am

Malky needs time and he has to be given it, but it is of great concern what is happening at the moment we are on a horrific run that maybe was acceptable at Watford last season but I don't find it is here at Cardiff City.
We have played well only once and that was at Wembley and they had all the back slapping they could receive for that performance.

But here we are one loss in four as Malky says but in reality it is much much worse and the tactics against Hull and Burnley would not be out of place in an under 8 match in fact the youngsters on at half time used the pitch better. Why aren't we using Craig Conway ? I really had good vibes about Malky but at the moment he is going backwards quicker than a Italian Tank .

We pay very good money to at least be entertained but yesterday and Tuesday that was awfull and at the time when the Club are trying to persuade the fans to part with there hard earned wages , that does not bode well.

But what is also worrying is Malkys opinion of yesterday, which makes me believe he is happy with that , the tactics just dosent seem right and team selection, and only in my pinion is resulting in many players including Miller are well off there game. But the players also need to look at themselves as they need to adapt.

But as Sam Salim would say in Malky we trust but at the moment the man is worrying me. And for the record I didn't boo on Sunday but I also did not clap either as I felt they didn't warant it .

Re: Very concerned

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 am

You should be more concerned about ]YOUR OWNERS]as i think mm as done a great job.
To think of all the players who left and how small your squad is,yet you have been up there all season and a final.
If you had a bit of investmeant in jan you would be going up,but your board aint give mm the cash to freshen up the team and it plain to see you need it.
Truth is these malaisyans have no real love or support for you so there for have no reason to part with the cash when needed,,just look at us last year,we started to feel the strain after xmas and alltho we dont spend money they give br the go ahead to bring in the players needed to give that push in borini,

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 am

swansealad69 wrote:You should be more concerned about ]YOUR OWNERS]as i think mm as done a great job.
To think of all the players who left and how small your squad is,yet you have been up there all season and a final.
If you had a bit of investmeant in jan you would be going up,but your board aint give mm the cash to freshen up the team and it plain to see you need it.
Truth is these malaisyans have no real love or support for you so there for have no reason to part with the cash when needed,,just look at us last year,we started to feel the strain after xmas and alltho we dont spend money they give br the go ahead to bring in the players needed to give that push in borini,

Here lies a doubt. Some say there is no money, some say MM had money to spend, who is right?

Personally I feel we have enough in the reserves, Earnie, Kiss, Conway, Gerrard and one or two others to use instead of bringing in new faces. It is just as frustrating not giving these guys a go as it is not bringing in the new faces.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:55 am

Trouble is tho Ian being long time City fans we've heared it all before from Owners / Boards who say 1 thing and do another ....... Sam talked the talk and spent the money on players and got us promoted BUT many thousands of fans now hate him !!! Personally I dont think there are big bucks for players and the Sordell late late bid was just a smokescreen to keep the fans happy ..... if money was there then Bellamy would be here :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Trouble is tho Ian being long time City fans we've heared it all before from Owners / Boards who say 1 thing and do another ....... Sam talked the talk and spent the money on players and got us promoted BUT many thousands of fans now hate him !!! Personally I dont think there are big bucks for players and the Sordell late late bid was just a smokescreen to keep the fans happy ..... if money was there then Bellamy would be here :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Agreed martyn ,the thing is if there was money there players would be here by now anyone who thinks any diffrent is living in dreamland. Look how shit we have been over two months and all we had was some guy onloan for one month who sat on the bench for most of it and the same tripe on the picth with team selection and formation ,that says it all :shock: three days left of the loan window yet we are supposed to be still looking for more when MM got asked after the game yesterday , again how long have we had. Its jokeworthy :lol:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:52 am

swansealad69 wrote:You should be more concerned about ]YOUR OWNERS]as i think mm as done a great job.

The jack b*stard may be right :old:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:24 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Malky needs time and he has to be given it, but it is of great concern what is happening at the moment we are on a horrific run that maybe was acceptable at Watford last season but I don't find it is here at Cardiff City.
We have played well only once and that was at Wembley and they had all the back slapping they could receive for that performance.

But here we are one loss in four as Malky says but in reality it is much much worse and the tactics against Hull and Burnley would not be out of place in an under 8 match in fact the youngsters on at half time used the pitch better. Why aren't we using Craig Conway ? I really had good vibes about Malky but at the moment he is going backwards quicker than a Italian Tank .

We pay very good money to at least be entertained but yesterday and Tuesday that was awfull and at the time when the Club are trying to persuade the fans to part with there hard earned wages , that does not bode well.

But what is also worrying is Malkys opinion of yesterday, which makes me believe he is happy with that , the tactics just dosent seem right and team selection, and only in my pinion is resulting in many players including Miller are well off there game. But the players also need to look at themselves as they need to adapt.

But as Sam Salim would say in Malky we trust but at the moment the man is worrying me. And for the record I didn't boo on Sunday but I also did not clap either as I felt they didn't warant it .

i totally agree with this... last week malky used the officials as an excuse which helped him for a teams shoking performance...

truth is we have not performed since xmas... peteboro were the better side until we got a lucky break.. we were battered by west ham, out classed by ipswich, leicester and blackpool and a poor 0-0 with doncaster as well as the recent games v hull and burnley..

it is impossible for us to play through the middle of the park, cowie, gunnarsson, lawerence and whitts all see to play in the middle, just swapping around ...

the team is crying out for width.. the minute we got wide yesterday we managed to get ball into the box.. prior to that , it was never going to happen...

we must stop this 4-5-1 shit though at home.. it doesnt work if we cannot bring in any wingers this week or a striker then conway must start all remaining 9 games on the left, with lawerence on the right in his preferred position as he plays for pompey and cowie in the middle where malky played him for watford and he got many assists. if we are going to play the lone striker, i would rather mason there than miller as he makes better runs off the ball. i dont blame miller, lets be honest the service he gets is shit, however he had two good chances yesterday and wasted them..

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 am

Yet another negative post !" We only played well in one game at Wembley "quote..} 18 games unbeaten run,challenging all season for automatic promotion ! We`ve hit a bad run because of tiredness not abillity ! Who needs fans,down the City, like this negative poster ! :? :(

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Will try and answer all on here. Paul (swansealad) a very good post and i agree with everything you said. Blackwood i dont mind the 4-5-1 but you need the wide players to make it work. Club44er i pay for my season ticket so i am entitled to my opinion. And i am saying recent form. Yes we started off on fire that is why i said we have gone backwards.
Ian i dont know what to Belive either mate. Is there money available or not ? Something says it aint .

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Malky needs to write a philosophy paper for us.

The books he quotes are heavily reliant on the "collective".

Bringing in players like DJ and hope is not his way. We probably missed a few, but we will see in the summer if it works. This season was a bonus as long as we stayed in the league. We have, malky play some of the kids.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:04 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Malky needs to write a philosophy paper for us.

Bringing in players like DJ and hope is not his way. We probably missed a few, but we will see in the summer if it works. This season was a bonus as long as we stayed in the league. We have, malky play some of the kids.

We have only one out and out winger at the moment but he will not play him :? :? :? :?

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:08 pm

But if the players are tired then the manager has to take some responsibility for that as we have players like Kiss,Conway and Blake for example who played during our good run earlier in the season but have since continually spent their time on the bench instead of resting 2 or 3 when we have had 2 or 3 games in a week.

I am not expecting miracles and cannot fault the team for effort this season BUT the last few games at home ,we have looked off the pace, our midfield appear to be too deep,lack movement off the ball and unable to string passes together - the 3-1 win over Reading seems like a lifetime ago !!

I will be there on Weds supporting Malky and the boys but if we happen to drop out of the play off picture before the end of the season , I hope he gives Ralls and Harris some game time in preparation for next season.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Malky needs to write a philosophy paper for us.

We have only one out and out winger at the moment but he will not play him :? :? :? :?

Is Conway an out and out winger ? I liked us 4141, with Conway and cowie on the flanks, no real pace but good delivery. Defensively we were very sound and Whitts had a free role rather than centre half.

Conway had a few average games (and I would love to know if he hit MM fitness regime), but when Joe came on, a few time he scored at vital times. If believe Malky took this as a sign as Joe was ready for the berth on the right.

Our season stalled when we tried to get Joe starting in the team, to me he is a 10, just behind a striker. This mean Whitts hasn't the free role though, but he is still on the pitch.

Re: " Very concerned "

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Malky needs time and he has to be given it, but it is of great concern what is happening at the moment we are on a horrific run that maybe was acceptable at Watford last season but I don't find it is here at Cardiff City.

Steve,
Malky comments,saying on tv that we had done well and only lost 1 in our last 4 games, when in fact we have only won 2 in our last 13 league/cup games, I was a bit disappointed in his comments, also the week before blaming the ref for our defeat to Hull , yet the Ref v Burnley you could say let City off and had gone against Burnley. I have always said decisions/luck even out over a season, you win your matches on your own merit.

Malky is young and still learning, give him time, we can still make the play offs.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Why is it more "acceptable" for Watford? They've been to Premiership, we haven't, sorry but one of the major problems we have at Cardiff is fans with ideas above our station, last time Cardiff were in the top flight England hadn't even won a World Cup.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:15 pm

RFMH wrote:Why is it more "acceptable" for Watford? They've been to Premiership, we haven't, sorry but one of the major problems we have at Cardiff is fans with ideas above our station, last time Cardiff were in the top flight England hadn't even won a World Cup.

Did i say anything about promotion ? I was stating that we played like a team of 8 year olds. And if we loose playing some kind of football then i won't be moaning.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
RFMH wrote:Why is it more "acceptable" for Watford? They've been to Premiership, we haven't, sorry but one of the major problems we have at Cardiff is fans with ideas above our station, last time Cardiff were in the top flight England hadn't even won a World Cup.

Did i say anything about promotion ? I was stating that we played like a team of 8 year olds. And if we loose playing some kind of football then i won't be moaning.

YOU TELL EM 'CHIEF' :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

You seem to have completely missed my point.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... inues.html

Cardiff 0 Burnley 0: Miller time is the longest time as goal drought continues.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2116754/Cardiff-0-Burnley-0-Kenny-Millers-goal-drought-continues.html

bloody hell tc, i didnt know is was almost 1200 mins since a goal...

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:10 am

RFMH wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

You seem to have completely missed my point.

Fair enough re read your post chief . Yes Watford have been a premier side but sinse then they have been the whipping boys of this division but are happy to just stay up. So my comments was Watford were happy last season as they don't seem to have many aspersions at the moment.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes we are all entitled to our opinions ! My point is that in my opinion, this was always a rebuilding season and giving that what we have achieved so far and new players gelling in with each other a demanding cup run with a small squad ! Fatigue and tiredess will obviously be an issue ! Negativity does not help the team at this time, surely we as fans should help to motivate our team in a more possitive way, just my opinion of course ! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 pm

club44er wrote:Yes we are all entitled to our opinions ! My point is that in my opinion, this was always a rebuilding season and giving that what we have achieved so far and new players gelling in with each other a demanding cup run with a small squad ! Fatigue and tiredess will obviously be an issue ! Negativity does not help the team at this time, surely we as fans should help to motivate our team in a more possitive way, just my opinion of course ! :ayatollah:

But i am not on about fatigue Chief. I am on about playing the formation 0-10-0 :lol: :lol: