Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Earnies twitter - first public sign of his frustration? "

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:09 pm

'Fit,Ready and dying to play.Love football.' - :ayatollah:

Re: Earnies twitter - first public sign of his frustration?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:30 pm

ihatealiens wrote:'Fit,Ready and dying to play.Love football.' - :ayatollah:

Exactly what I said Earnie said last week.

Deserves a chance at coming on as a sub, just my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Earnies twitter - first public sign of his frustration? "

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Should be on the bench Annis...How was Miller yesterday?

:ayatollah:

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Miller looked ok, made some decent passes and held the ball up well, but doesn't look on the form he enjoyed earlier in the season, had a couple of decent chances but rushed them or dawdled, but he'll come good. I also think Earnie will have his chance before seeason's end, I hope he can prove himself.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:37 pm

wigstar wrote:Should be on the bench Annis...How was Miller yesterday?

Wiggy

Miller had a good game up to the point of the final bit the goal mouth.
Miller plays well every game, gets in the right positions/battles/gives his all/quality when going past players/passing quality, but his finishing of late or shall I say months, is very poor.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wiggy

Miller plays well every game, gets in the right positions/battles/gives his all/quality when going past players/passing quality, but his finishing of late or shall I say months, is very poor.

Looked that way on tv...I'd consider Mason up front and bring Conway in for some width? :P

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Joe Mason expresses sympathy for out of favour Rob Earnshaw

Joe Mason says he has sympathy for Rob Earnshaw as the striker continues to struggle for a place at Cardiff City.
Earnshaw has not featured in the Championship since October as Mason, Kenny Miller and Rudy Gestede have been the favoured attacking options.
"He's a top bloke and he helps me out in training every day," said Mason.
"I feel bad for him because he's a very good player. I look up to him. He's a top finisher and I can still go and ask him for advice any time I want."
Earnshaw failed to make the substitutes bench for Saturday's match at Bristol City, having also been omitted from the squad for the two previous Championship games.
The 30-year-old started the season as Miller's regular strike partner after rejoining the club on a free transfer in the summer, scoring three goals in his first six games, but the Wales striker has not started in the league since the 4-3 defeat at Peterborough in October.
"My squad was my squad and I picked who I wanted to pick," said manager Malky Mackay when asked about Earnshaw's continued absence.

"I wouldn't expect any player who's not in the 16 to be happy. It's a squad thing and it's about a group of players together. Some are called upon, some aren't called upon but you've got to make sure you're fit, ready and available.
"But it's not about an individual. To make a story or anything like that at the moment is ridiculous."
Mason justified his starting place against Bristol City as he played a crucial role in helping Cardiff win for the first time in four games.
Two attempted crosses resulted in goals, with the second arriving two minutes from time after the home side had twice gone close to grabbing a late winner of their own.
"Both of them were probably own goals but it's still nice to get the assists," said the 20-year-old, who scored his ninth goal in the midweek draw at Brighton.
"The main thing is we got three points. I did claim the goals - I'm a striker so naturally I am going to claim them but I think they were own goals."
Mason has now made 33 appearances in his debut season with Cardiff since a £250,000 summer move from Plymouth Argyle.
He admits to be surprised by how often he has played, but adding he has much to learn from experienced international such as Earnshaw and Miller.
"It's a big step up to what I was used to last season [in League One]," he said.
Mason's form, and his goal in the Carling Cup defeat to Liverpool in particular, has led Robbie Keane to suggest he is ready to break into the Republic of Ireland squad.
"That's not really something I've thought about," said Mason, and Under-21 Republic of Ireland international. "I'm more focused on doing well for Cardiff and what happens will happen I suppose."

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:40 pm

whether hes in the starting 11, on the bench or not picked at all, if a player felt any different I would be asking questions about his attitude.
This still doesnt make him good enough words and actions are two different things.
As for frustration if he wasnt frustrated about not playing he shouldnt be in the game.
Trust the manager, hes the expert he sees what we dont

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:43 pm

From Facebook

Eddie Swales He deserves a place on the bench, we had 3 midfielders a defender a goalie but no striker why Malky won't drop a midfielder for a striker beats me.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:44 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

whether hes in the starting 11, on the bench or not picked at all, if a player felt any different I would be asking questions about his attitude.
This still doesnt make him good enough words and actions are two different things.
As for frustration if he wasnt frustrated about not playing he shouldnt be in the game.

Your god damn right :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Tiger wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

No he isnt.

4 in 10 starts say his actions back up his words.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:32 pm

polo wrote:
Tiger wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

No he isnt.

4 in 10 starts say his actions back up his words.

how am i wrong
how is having trust in the man who manages the team wrong
explain this to me because im confused

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:38 pm

I already did :roll:
You said he wasnt good enough and words and actions were two different things.

Well 4 in 10 says his actions speak as loud if not louder than his words.

Especially when our main striker who has only got 1 in 13.

Its no wonder the little fella is frustrated he cannot even get on the bench

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:52 pm

polo wrote:I already did :roll:
You said he wasnt good enough and words and actions were two different things.

Well 4 in 10 says his actions speak as loud if not louder than his words.

Especially when our main striker who has only got 1 in 13.

Its no wonder the little fella is frustrated he cannot even get on the bench

where do i say he isnt good enough
what i said is talking a good game doesnt make you a good player
he can say hes fighting fit and ready to play all he wants if the manager doesnt deem him good enough he has 2 options:
1 leave the club to a lower placed team in hope of first team football
or
2 fight harder in training to get on the bench or the starting 11
Every player not just at Cardiff but right across the world is in the same position its something he has to deal with but considering everyone was calling him rubbish and wanted to sell him before the January transfer window
I would say trust the manager to make the right decisions

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Well fans MUST sing Earnies Name for the next home game - MM is stubborn , ok he got result at bristol but Earnie would have made difference at other games including wembley

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:21 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Well fans MUST sing Earnies Name for the next home game - MM is stubborn , ok he got result at bristol but Earnie would have made difference at other games including wembley

so the man we wanted to sell and get rid of in January is now our best option
now MM is stubborn, will you be calling for his head soon
you could not of asked of anymore from our players at Wembley but now its not good enough
I would hate to see this board when things really do go wrong.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:23 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Well fans MUST sing Earnies Name for the next home game - MM is stubborn , ok he got result at bristol but Earnie would have made difference at other games including wembley

We should smash the stewards up next home game. Wankers.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:24 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

you could not of asked of anymore from our players at Wembley but now its not good enough

So every single person on this messageboard wanted rid of Earnie in January did they?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:29 pm

polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

So every single person on this messageboard wanted rid of Earnie in January did they?

no i cant say that because I didnt want to sell him either
but i remember the threads im sure you can dig them out if you look for them
it just annoys me that within the space of a few weeks fans have gone from saying we have a brilliant manager whos not afraid to try new things with a squad who will work their socks off, to a manager whos stubborn and weve got players who dont deserve to be there.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:32 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

it just annoys me that within the space of a few weeks fans have gone from saying we have a brilliant manager whos not afraid to try new things with a squad who will work their socks off, to a manager whos stubborn and weve got players who dont deserve to be there.

I think it might having something to do with the window now closed, we didnt get a striker, our main striker only scoring 1 in 13 and Earnie not even getting on the bench.

Its obviously personal between Malky and Earnie. If you swallow the "pecking order" based on training story you are gullable.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wiggy

agreed he's a striker and is paid the big bucks to make the net bulge but he's got nowhere near the net in a while time to give someone else a go. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 pm

polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

I think it might having something to do with the window now closed, we didnt get a striker, our main striker only scoring 1 in 13 and Earnie not even getting on the bench.

Its obviously personal between Malky and Earnie. If you swallow the "pecking order" based on training story you are gullable.

no but ive got no reason to doubt the manager either
its like deja-vu here this is the same crap we said about Dave Jones and how he was stubborn and how he had personal problems with players
now were coming out with the same excuses about Malky Mackay
just accept that maybe like every club in this division we are having a dip in form, the season is far from over and we have a lot to play for

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:41 pm

im amazed he isn,t even on the bench.to have him as an option when things are going wrong is fine. if he doesn,t fit in to what your gaffer wants at the start of the game then use him as a plan b

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:44 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

its like deja-vu here this is the same crap we said about Dave Jones and how he was stubborn and how he had personal problems with players
just accept that maybe like every club in this division we are having a dip in form, the season is far from over and we have a lot to play for

Before yesterday 1 win in 8. If you are happy with that fine, but some of us are not, and if we want to air frustration just put us on ignore instead of telling us what we can and cannot accept.

Lets be honest should have been 1 win in 9 cos we were shocking yesterday again, only the Wurzels are absolute garbage and a massive slice of luck we managed to get the win. Certainly wasnt a good performance.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:45 pm

jtc wrote:im amazed he isn,t even on the bench.to have him as an option when things are going wrong is fine. if he doesn,t fit in to what your gaffer wants at the start of the game then use him as a plan b

He doesnt have a Plan B

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:52 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

what he sees on the training ground and what Earnshaw has done on match day are 2 completely different things. He has played 473 first class games including league, international and cup games and has scored 184 goals and to me that makes good reading and I think its about time he got his chance. The problem here is that Malky didn't sign him, he was never Malky's choice and I believe will only pick him as a last resort but why let things get so personal if he can do a job for us, score a few goals, nick us some vital points on the run in then use him, because Malky's own choice I.e Miller, isn't producing the goods.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:58 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

what he sees on the training ground and what Earnshaw has done on match day are 2 completely different things. He has played 473 first class games including league, international and cup games and has scored 184 goals and to me that makes good reading and I think its about time he got his chance. The problem here is that Malky didn't sign him, he was never Malky's choice and I believe will only pick him as a last resort but why let things get so personal if he can do a job for us, score a few goals, nick us some vital points on the run in then use him, because Malky's own choice I.e Miller, isn't producing the goods.

The training bollocks is just a bullshit diplomatic way of saying he isnt going to pick Earnie. Mason said in his interview Earnie has been first class to him in training, passing on his experience, and is still a quality finisher. Seeing as Earnie doesnt play no more he must see this in training.

Malky also said his decision is based on matches, well Earnie has scored 4 in 10 for us whilst Rudy looks like a rabbit (or donkey) in the headlights at this level. So far out of his depth.

So if it was truthfully based on the matches theres no way Rudy would get in ahead of Earnie.

Its personal, he wants him off the wage bill, and he is just freezeing him out.

In my opinion with the lack of goals from KM, then Malky is just cutting his nose off to spite his face.
Last edited by polo on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:59 pm

polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:[quote="JONNY012697"

Before yesterday 1 win in 8. If you are happy with that fine, but some of us are not, and if we want to air frustration just put us on ignore instead of telling us what we can and cannot accept.

Lets be honest should have been 1 win in 9 cos we were shocking yesterday again, only the Wurzels are absolute garbage and a massive slice of luck we managed to get the win. Certainly wasnt a good performance.[/quote]

No 1 win in 9 isnt ideal but acting like rats fleeing a sinking ship as soon as something bad happens isnt helpful either
and theres a difference between airing frustration and just having a go at the club, manager and playing staff
and as i keep getting reminded on this forum
its my opinion i have a right to voice my opinion
im sorry if i find my point of view does not agree with yours but im allowed to say it
maybe instead of throwing out idol threats you might want to learn how to debate properly.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:01 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

Lets be honest should have been 1 win in 9 cos we were shocking yesterday again, only the Wurzels are absolute garbage and a massive slice of luck we managed to get the win. Certainly wasnt a good performance.

No 1 win in 9 isnt ideal but acting like rats fleeing a sinking ship as soon as something bad happens isnt helpful either
and theres a difference between airing frustration and just having a go at the club, manager and playing staff
and as i keep getting reminded on this forum
its my opinion i have a right to voice my opinion
im sorry if i find my point of view does not agree with yours but im allowed to say it
maybe instead of throwing out idol threats you might want to learn how to debate properly.[/quote]

Your opinion is fine, its telling others what their opinion should be is the problem.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:17 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
polo wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

Your opinion is fine, its telling others what their opinion should be is the problem.

where am i telling people what to think
in fact the only person dictating other peoples opinion here is you
im voicing my opinion i dont agree with yours and im arguing my point
everyone across the footballing world thinks we are doing an amazing job this season
the only people who disagree are our friends down west and us which makes no sense