Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PETER RIDSDALE This Week

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:26 am

Peter is not going to Malaysia this week like TLG said in his Blog, there is no point till Sam signs, just spoke to PR once Sam signs Peter will fly straight over there until then there is no point, so no millions this week. PR will be at WBA tonight and has assured me that our players will acknowledge us for once.

Re: PETER RIDSDALE This Week

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:35 am

Cheers annis

the players shouldn't have to be told! olther teams players go clap make them feel like they want to play, these lot all walk off the pitch like individuals :evil:

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:38 am

Ben wrote:Cheers annis

the players shouldn't have to be told! olther teams players go clap make them feel like they want to play, these lot all walk off the pitch like individuals :evil:

yes ben they shouldnt have to be told it winds me up, tlg seems to be getting a lot wrong lately first he cant remember what ridsdale said at the open meeting then he says he is in malaysia lol

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks for the update Annis.

What a sad and pathetic state of affairs when you have to actually ask PR to 'see if he can communicate to the manager and players' to show a proper acknowledgement to the travelling fans....

There are only a chosen few who normally 'bother' - Michael Chopra, to be fair always goes to all 4 sides of the ground to clap the fans, regardless of the result (eg the recent Ipswich home debacle being a classic example)

You'd like to think they'd all do it withourt being 'asked (or TOLD)' wouldn't you?

I'll be watching closely tonight - See you there

Peter

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:50 am

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:Thanks for the update Annis.

What a sad and pathetic state of affairs when you have to actually ask PR to 'see if he can communicate to the manager and players' to show a proper acknowledgement to the travelling fans....

There are only a chosen few who normally 'bother' - Michael Chopra, to be fair always goes to all 4 sides of the ground to clap the fans, regardless of the result (eg the recent Ipswich home debacle being a classic example)

You'd like to think they'd all do it withourt being 'asked (or TOLD)' wouldn't you?

I'll be watching closely tonight - See you there

Peter

Cheers Peter, I always watch at the end of a game to see what players thank us,its getting less every season.
See you up there Pete, better than a home game for you.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am

Too right, it's only £4.80 return and a 25 minute journey via train direct to The Hawthorns station :D It also certainly beats the 220 mile 4 hour round trip to every home game. But hey, 30 years on and I'm still hooked on 'em, season ticket booked each year to avoid me from having an excuse to miss a game, even when they are shocking and don't deserve my commitment (and there's been enough examples of that since I moved up here 13 years ago :( !!)

Let's just hope our long term loyalty will one day be rewarded with promotion some long overdue stability and all this backed by a board that are in it because they love the club just as much, if not more than the pot of gold that the current regime seem to crave.

I'll be there.....
Peter

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:42 am

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:Too right, it's only £4.80 return and a 25 minute journey via train direct to The Hawthorns station :D It also certainly beats the 220 mile 4 hour round trip to every home game. But hey, 30 years on and I'm still hooked on 'em, season ticket booked each year to avoid me from having an excuse to miss a game, even when they are shocking and don't deserve my commitment (and there's been enough examples of that since I moved up here 13 years ago :( !!)

Let's just hope our long term loyalty will one day be rewarded with promotion some long overdue stability and all this backed by a board that are in it because they love the club just as much, if not more than the pot of gold that the current regime seem to crave.

I'll be there.....
Peter

See you tonight Peter.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:43 pm

He is good, fair play to Ridsdale, he keeps doing the same stunt...leak out a little information hoping it will get back to Sam Hammam...pathetic. If these Malaysians are so powerful and rich they would not worry about a signature.

My opinion is this and it maybe a load of shite but it looks to me that the first information about the Malaysian trip which I also heard from a few different sources was deliberately leaked....giving the fans hope that this deal may finally be happening...then for some reason Ridsdale tells Annis that they want to fly over and do the deal but Sam won't sign....convenient or what...IT IS SAM HAMMAMS FAULT AGAIN.....clever man or playing people for fools?

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:17 pm

In this case PR, for a change, is probably telling it like it is. I'm no PR disciple but how many times has Sam taken this type of thing right down to the wire ?

This time though I just think he might have been out-thought as if he does take it too far, we go into administration, he (along with all our other unsecured creditors) would be lucky to get 10p in the £ and the Malaysians start with a clean slate. The Malaysians have not amassed their fortune or protfolio by buying businesses like ours and paying off debts (like Sams) that didn't have to.

If Sam signs it sounds like he will get just over half what he's owed and the many other creditors (including small businesses) will also get paid. Plus, given that Sam professes to love this club, he would also ensure that the club doesn't take a 10 point deduction and therefore protects his legacy.

The court case is a bit of a red herring at the moment. The stay on the case does expire in January 2010 but that doesn't mean it is ready to go straight to trial. There will still be a lot of work to get the case ready for trial and, knowing the High Court times as I do, it is unlikely that it will get heard until early 2011. Even then the judgment given at the application for summary judgment indicates that the Club's case is pretty strong and therefore the debt is unlikely to become enforceable until 2016.

Am I being too simplistic or is this a no brainer :roll:

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:26 pm

That is exactly what Peter Ridsdale would have us believe and to be fair is a possible senario, Sam will be feeling that he is getting robbed here and he may think there is a better deal out there or he may just have to accept what is on offer? Dangerous games these people play and we can just watch and wait.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 pm

Agreed, I just hope we don't have to wait too long :lol: Surely it's in nobody's interests to prolong the agony/inevitable :? :roll:

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:14 pm

If the Malaysians buy out every shareholder @ 30p a share plus pay off both PMG (£9M) & Langston (£17M) along with the other smaller liabilities they would probably get this club debt free for well under £50M. That would be an excellent purchase for a club with a brand new 27,000 stadium, averaging 20,000 spectators with every prospect of getting to the Premiership soon.

That is their worst case scenario which is why I believe they are so interested in taking over. Ridsdale is probably on a bonus (well, well) to negotiate the price down if he can.

IMO for what it's worth, the Malaysians are coming probably in January, but may be as late as next December no matter what Sam Hammam decides to do.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:12 pm

corky wrote:He is good, fair play to Ridsdale, he keeps doing the same stunt...leak out a little information hoping it will get back to Sam Hammam...pathetic. If these Malaysians are so powerful and rich they would not worry about a signature.

My opinion is this and it maybe a load of shite but it looks to me that the first information about the Malaysian trip which I also heard from a few different sources was deliberately leaked....giving the fans hope that this deal may finally be happening...then for some reason Ridsdale tells Annis that they want to fly over and do the deal but Sam won't sign....convenient or what...IT IS SAM HAMMAMS FAULT AGAIN.....clever man or playing people for fools?

It's improper for a Chairman to feed " stories" I agree and yes it is quite common place, but did I not read in one of the bloggers replies within the thread that hes says he doesnt receive the information from the Club?

Although from reading your response it's sounds as if the blogger received his " information " from a second hand source who was fed from maybe within?

I would agree it's tactical playing to feed back to Hammam, rather sick though to use supporters of your Club to relay their " it tat".

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:31 pm

TNT wrote:
corky wrote:He is good, fair play to Ridsdale, he keeps doing the same stunt...leak out a little information hoping it will get back to Sam Hammam...pathetic. If these Malaysians are so powerful and rich they would not worry about a signature.

It's improper for a Chairman to feed " stories" I agree and yes it is quite common place, but did I not read in one of the bloggers replies within the thread that hes says he doesnt receive the information from the Club?

Although from reading your response it's sounds as if the blogger received his " information " from a second hand source who was fed from maybe within?

I would agree it's tactical playing to feed back to Hammam, rather sick though to use supporters of your Club to relay their " it tat".

It's exactly the same tactics Hammam routinely and openly used. Karma and all that.

As for corky's point that if the malaysians were so rich they wouldn't care about Sam's signature - utter pish and tosh. Given Hammam has left the spectre of tying the club up in legal actions for a year, two years, however long, it's utterly silly to claim the Malaysians are happy to allow that to fester because they are rich!

Leaked, deliberately leaked, who knows? Maybe it's the case certain individuals are being given certain pieces of info to determine who tells the fans what. Maybe it's person A in the club hearing something without access to the full facts. Who knows

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:33 am

Well PR did something right the players at WBA last night finally came over to us and thanked us for coming.