Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SURELY IT CANNOT CONTINUE AS IT IS? "

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:03 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:But we are still carrying on carl the same as your thread headline nothings changed, we still bumping up loans :ayatollah:

Ah but there is a plan, I was saying in Feb we couldnt continue as we are, now there are plans to settle Langston and then turn all debt to equity, in Feb we never knew of this plan.

This is something that is slightly baffling. By this time next year you'll be debt to the Malaysians to the tune of £75m if you don't include the training ground & extra seating.

They bought 40% of the club for £6m. Why would they need, or for that matter want, to turn all that debt into equity? They don't need to in order to gain complete control of the club.

In fact, they only need to turn a small amount of it into equity to gain complete control and keep the rest as debt and charge the club 7% interest on it which would be a nice little earner.

Unless I'm missing something which if I am, I'm sure you'll point out.

They won't take control or turn debt to equity until Langston is settled as they dont want to weaken their position.

Perhaps they plan to do all the investment, settle Langston, buy shares at 14.69p and then float the club on the far east stock market, albeit in the hope this club is in the premier league, owning all of its facilities and the share price being worth more than they paid for them.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:06 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:But we are still carrying on carl the same as your thread headline nothings changed, we still bumping up loans :ayatollah:

Ah but there is a plan, I was saying in Feb we couldnt continue as we are, now there are plans to settle Langston and then turn all debt to equity, in Feb we never knew of this plan.

This is something that is slightly baffling. By this time next year you'll be debt to the Malaysians to the tune of £75m if you don't include the training ground & extra seating.

They bought 40% of the club for £6m. Why would they need, or for that matter want, to turn all that debt into equity? They don't need to in order to gain complete control of the club.

In fact, they only need to turn a small amount of it into equity to gain complete control and keep the rest as debt and charge the club 7% interest on it which would be a nice little earner.

That is my concern at the moment too. It doesn't seem to add up does it!

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

They won't take control or turn debt to equity until Langston is settled as they dont want to weaken their position.

Perhaps they plan to do all the investment, settle Langston, buy shares at 14.69p and then float the club on the far east stock market, albeit in the hope this club is in the premier league, owning all of its facilities and the share price being worth more than they paid for them.

I understand the whole won't do it until Hammam is sorted situation.

But they still wouldn't need to turn all that debt to equity in order to take full control.

Why would you spend £75m to buy something that you only need to pay £15m for, especially when if you do that, you can still charge that company 7% interest on £60m odd of loans still owed to you?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:15 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

But they still wouldn't need to turn all that debt to equity in order to take full control.

Why would you spend £75m to buy something that you only need to pay £15m for, especially when if you do that, you can still charge that company 7% interest on £60m odd of loans still owed to you?

A completely debt free club is a much more attractive prospect for investors.

I'd imagine if the club was to be taken over by someone else the they would be willing to pay a lot more for it being debt free with top class facilities than they would if they had to build them themselves, even if it would work out cheaper to do it all themselves.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I'd imagine if the club was to be taken over by someone else the they would be willing to pay a lot more for it being debt free with top class facilities than they would if they had to build them themselves, even if it would work out cheaper to do it all themselves.

Indeed, but they wouldn't be willing to pay the amount the Malaysians would be throwing away by turning all of the debt into equity.

Do you really think someone is going to pay £75m-£100m to buy CCFC?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 pm

NJ73 wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
boysenclosure wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Just to point out that if you want to get your investment out you have to sell it, as the Malaysians only own 49% of the club they couldn't asset strip it out of the club. The money they are pouring into the club is gone they will never be able to take it out. Worse case scenario we take 10 points on the chin and carry on, take Leeds as an example.

What ever the Malaysians plans are there will always be a Cardiff City.

So now we are talking of administration and worse case scenarios.

I hope the Malaysians don't read this crap.

I was pointing out that the Malaysians are pouring money in and just can't take it back out when they want, IF they even wanted to.

They could mortgage the stadium and raise enough through that to pay back everything they have put in and leave you with a massive mortgage.

Who would offer a mortgage? The stadium without a club is not worth much apart from the land. Would never happen.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:24 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

The interest is almost irrelevant as if the Malatsians are subsidising the club, it hardly represents an income iron a nice little earner. Adds to the debt maybe, but as long as they stay long term who cares?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:25 pm

I thought our debt was £82mil? :shock:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:27 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:This is something that is slightly baffling. By this time next year you'll be debt to the Malaysians to the tune of £75m if you don't include the training ground & extra seating.

Indeed, but they wouldn't be willing to pay the amount the Malaysians would be throwing away by turning all of the debt into equity.

Do you really think someone is going to pay £75m-£100m to buy CCFC?

Not at the moment no.

But lets assume best case scenario.

We win promotion to the premiership this year, all of the debts are paid off, the stadium expansion is complete and the new training facilities are in place.

The single act of promotion would probably double our realistic value even with none of the above so I can imagine that with everything one hundred percent sorted we'd be worth at least in the sixty million mark.

And they can always asset strip on their way out.

But if I understand what Carl said a few weeks ago about Kenny Huang correctly, I'm getting the impression that the Malaysians have lined him up as the new owner of the club and they're sorting it all out.

I think that taking the flak for turning the team red and doing the rest of the dirty work is part of the deal.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Of course we all assume the Malaysians will want all their money back. Perhaps they have effectively written off past debts and it's now a passion and a challenge. Don't think Chelsea or man city will be repaying all the money they have had pumped in, despite their success. Let's wait and see :ayatollah: