Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SURELY IT CANNOT CONTINUE AS IT IS? "

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 am

Carl is making himself look very silly.

We were fantastic on Sunday and there is no way we are losing £1.2million a month. That might be our expenditure but not a loss. If we have 18,000 season ticket holders at £400 each, that's 7.2 million, ie 6 months of the losses covered there. Added to this the extra money from the cup, match day ticket sales and other merchandise, I can't see how we could possibly lose that much money. We're not under Sam Hammam any more you know!

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:19 am

This whole thread is a big fail.

I would delete it all.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:20 am

captbirdseye wrote:Opps, double post my mistake :D

Complete bollocks the first time.

Without old Sam they'd have gone out of business years ago well before their somewhat "accelerated" rise through the ranks of British football. Simple fact is they couldn't get sufficient support no matter what Sam did. He couldn't enlarge the ground, he couldn't move across the road like what he did at Cardiff, not that it matters anyway as most people around the area couldn't give a shit about them, its very much a Chelsea stronghold.

In 26 years living in Tooting Bec, what a mile or so, from Plough Lane, I only ever a met two or three Wimbledon supporters and of those two go watch them in Milton Keynes, the other now supports the local team Tooting and Mitcham United.

Despite what certain interests on the lemming board may brain wash you with, Sam did not destroy a pub side in South London, rather the opposite.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:33 am

Don't seem normal having one of our directors on a messageboard having to defend himself like this! Never right!

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:

Without old Sam they'd have gone out of business years ago well before their somewhat "accelerated" rise through the ranks of British football. Simple fact is they couldn't get sufficient support no matter what Sam did. He couldn't enlarge the ground, he couldn't move across the road like what he did at Cardiff, not that it matters anyway as most people around the area couldn't give a shit about them, its very much a Chelsea stronghold.

In 26 years living in Tooting Bec, what a mile or so, from Plough Lane, I only ever a met two or three Wimbledon supporters and of those two go watch them in Milton Keynes, the other now supports the local team Tooting and Mitcham United.

Despite what certain interests on the lemming board may brain wash you with, Sam did not destroy a pub side in South London, rather the opposite.

However.....

Once he had built up the minor Empire of wimbledon, he did try to get a bit cute, allegedly and there are certain people you do not piss off.

All turned out for the best though, Tooting and Mitcham have a brand new ground and are rebuilding, Sam woke the sleeping giant and the lefties having fucked over Kingstonian are now in the football league.

I could write a book on this although the pictures in the book would be a lot more pleasing on the eye than those rogues in Annis' books :D

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:42 am

Carl, I as do most people have always held you in high. Regards on this forum, after reading this rather bizarre thread I am completely confused as to why you started this whole debacle? A man like you always very positive and only has good thimgs to say has come on here in a very unpleasant mood by the looks on the back of a fantastic weekend for the bluebirds and I find this very strange, however upon reading other threads I think I have guessed your issues, your clearly a huge Sam hamann fan and always have been and after spending time with him sunday u appear to have listened to some tripe he has mentioned about the club, for me this is the only thing logical
To explain your irrational behave as like Annis your persona always changes after speaking with hamann, no let me make something clear I have no Ill bfeeling for hamann and am
Great full for his intervention in the dark days in the old third division but I feel
Your love for some clearly clouds your judgement on times, Sam made mistakes as have all owners/ chairman and Sam also made false promises over his tenure as chairman. Don't always believe what people say ie the information you are fed sometimes direct and other times indirect! I look forward to hearing the Carl I usually like to read as he seemed to be missing on this post

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:43 am

He wanted to move them to Ireland :lol:

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:55 am

2blue2handle wrote:He wanted to move them to Ireland :lol:

Those particular "investors" made a lot of people very happy courtsey of the bookies when their attention turned to Sunderland.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:01 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:What I don't get is every time Carl makes a thread like this relating to finances, the usual suspects appear and rather than face the topic head on and explain to the forum what their view of what is true, they just try to use the supposed fact that Carl 'cant grasp finances' as a tool to win the debate. All about egos.

I've quite often seen people who disagree with Carl explain their view on the finances. Since62 (who hasn't to date I dont think responded to this thread but usually does when Carl puts up a finance thread) for example usually explains his view quite clearly.

And Steve Borley is hardly a usual suspect, I don't think I've ever seen him respond to one of Carl's finance threads

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:01 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:

Those particular "investors" made a lot of people very happy courtsey of the bookies when their attention turned to Sunderland.

Not even sure what that means tbh.

At the end of the day Sam turned a nothing clubs into a prem club, giving them years they could only dream of but in the end it was just a ride, not a plan. Ended up with no club, no stadium and had to start again.
We will never know how close we were to having to do that and that's not just down to Sam but also PR but it was a chance.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:02 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30417942/

Yes I know the report is nearly a day old, but I thought I'd post it, just in case anybody else now doubt the Malaysian's commitments to Cardiff City! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:06 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:

Not even sure what that means tbh.

At the end of the day Sam turned a nothing clubs into a prem club, giving them years they could only dream of but in the end it was just a ride, not a plan. Ended up with no club, no stadium and had to start again.
We will never know how close we were to having to do that and that's not just down to Sam but also PR but it was a chance.

Sorry 2b2h, got distracted by the shit thats flying around regarding the pro or anti sam mobs.

Can't say it directly on an open forum so you'll have to put it together yourself. Ireland, Euro, americans, cash, tax, under the bed. :?

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 am

The fact a club director who has done nothing but good for this club has felt the need to come on here and defend himself is nothing short of disgusting. If anything, this now should end the "updates" and ITK threads, its obviously detrimental to the club.

I am at present embarrassed to be a regular poster on this forum.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:42 am

Anyone got Jeremy Kyle's number?

I cant believe what I have just read, and the timing of this :?

The club is on a massive high the whole fan base is proud and now this childish shite comes up!!

He said that, they said this, she told my friend I mean honestly its like the school playground!!

Anyone want to give me back the last half hour of my life?

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:33 am

I cant wait until the financial fair play rules kick in and the Malaysians get on there bike :lol: ..this thread is pure comedy gold, your all delusional fuckers or :old: .. the sensible Cardiff fans would agree with me but the 'head against a brick wall' Cardiff fans will abuse me.. to make a successful football club its about planning and living within it's means, it looks like another consortium are bankrolling you until they lose interest. It just shows you how much Cardiff FC care about there club by letting 2 unknowns come in and bank role for that pipe dream which is the premier league. Wouldn't you rather have a stable club with fans running the club? instead of chasing this impossible dream which could really end Cardiff City Football Club?. You don't care about your club you just want this dream you got in your head that you will be one of the best, biggest clubs in the world. This is why you have been stuck in the same division for almost 10 years believing in your own hype and it's amazing that a jack has to tell you these things. But what happens when you make it to the prem? what's your plan then? spend spend spend?

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 am

WestWhite wrote:I cant wait until the financial fair play rules kick in and the Malaysians get on there bike :lol: ..this thread is pure comedy gold, your all delusional fuckers or :old: .. the sensible Cardiff fans would agree with me but the 'head against a brick wall' Cardiff fans will abuse me.. to make a successful football club its about planning and living within it's means, it looks like another consortium are bankrolling you until they lose interest. It just shows you how much Cardiff FC care about there club by letting 2 unknowns come in and bank role for that pipe dream which is the premier league. Wouldn't you rather have a stable club with fans running the club? instead of chasing this impossible dream which could really end Cardiff City Football Club?. You don't care about your club you just want this dream you got in your head that you will be one of the best, biggest clubs in the world. This is why you have been stuck in the same division for almost 10 years believing in your own hype and it's amazing that a jack has to tell you these things. But what happens when you make it to the prem? what's your plan then? spend spend spend?

choke

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 am

surely this thread should be deleted, i always enjoy carls updates, but this one is just too much , especially after the weekends performance.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 am

Or we could adopt the Swansea model, WestWhite, and cheat our debtors by going into Administration - TWICE!!!!!!

Muppet.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 am

WestWhite wrote:I cant wait until the financial fair play rules kick in and the Malaysians get on there bike :lol: ..this thread is pure comedy gold, your all delusional fuckers or :old: .. the sensible Cardiff fans would agree with me but the 'head against a brick wall' Cardiff fans will abuse me.. to make a successful football club its about planning and living within it's means, it looks like another consortium are bankrolling you until they lose interest. It just shows you how much Cardiff FC care about there club by letting 2 unknowns come in and bank role for that pipe dream which is the premier league. Wouldn't you rather have a stable club with fans running the club? instead of chasing this impossible dream which could really end Cardiff City Football Club?. You don't care about your club you just want this dream you got in your head that you will be one of the best, biggest clubs in the world. This is why you have been stuck in the same division for almost 10 years believing in your own hype and it's amazing that a jack has to tell you these things. But what happens when you make it to the prem? what's your plan then? spend spend spend?

What the fucks it got to do with you c**t?

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:

Sam paid 400k for Wimbeldon and he bleed them dry but he walked away 36 million. Sam also sold the clubs ground to a company owned by his brother which charged Wimbeldon extortionate rates in rent. I'm pretty sure that Wimbeldon would still be around today if it wasn't for Sam.

Uy

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:51 am

Vt has invested this money in us, that's the way I see it anyway. All the time they are stabilising the club so when we do make it up we shud have a solid base to work from without any significant leap in outgoings that aren't catered for. We surely turnover somewhere nr to 15 million anyway? So they wontbe losing much will they?
As for sam, I just can't see him getting back all his cash he blew, maybe 5 million if we go up but I doubt anymore.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:55 am

As soon as sam comes on the scene we have this shit ,why now carl we are not all stupid we know the situation, we have been in the shit for years nothings changed,we have a massive game sunday thats what we should be talking about not this crap

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:01 am

I really think we need to f**k off the politics of who does what to who and just remember we are all at the end of the day football fans, that means turning up and supporting our team and try not meddling in the politics of who has robbed who in the past and who is going to rob who in the future

I for one see myself to be very fortunate to have a football club to support, unlike the many clubs and supporters out there who face so much uncertainty

We are Cardiff City and always will be :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:40 am

This is a de-stabilising post that is based on conjecture and guess work. It's not Carl's finest moment :cry:

One point that nobody in the Sam camp is grasping is this:

The Langston loan is an unsecured debt. Therefore, if they feel they have a case that will stand up in court they would have gone to court before now because if the situation is as bad as Carl's assumptions they will be the big losers because the other debts are secured.

Now I don't pretend to have any inside information but I am pretty well versed in how civil actions proceed and this one just doesn't smell right. Even after the application for summary judgement was dismissed it was open to Langston to proceed to full trial to try to recover their monies if they thought they had a winnable case. They didn't and most neutrals would ask the question WHY ?

Please don't gove me the "because Sam loves the club" argument because 1. We're talking about Langston not Sam and 2. He also proclaimed love for Wimbledon and look what happened there. This is business and at the moment I see little prospect of Sam getting his money either through voluntary payment or the courts.

Carl tells us the TG/VT are putting £1.2m a month into the club. Again, look at this neutrally; would they do that if they really thought the club was going to fold or that investment was at risk :?: You can describe TG/VT as many things but "stupid" or "niaive" are not words you would readily use :lol:

I thought this was a forum that supported the club not Sam/Langston. If that is the case, unless there is undeniable documentary evidence of some of these claims then this is a non story simply aimed at de-stabilising the club and should be retracted pretty promptly to maintain the integrity of the board.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:45 am

CraigCCFC wrote:The fact a club director who has done nothing but good for this club has felt the need to come on here and defend himself is nothing short of disgusting. If anything, this now should end the "updates" and ITK threads, its obviously detrimental to the club.

I am at present embarrassed to be a regular poster on this forum.

^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:52 am

Don't make much sense to me either I haven't got a clue about business but common sense tells me that the Malaysians wouldn't have invested in city in the first place if we were so fucked with debt, why invest in new training facility's,new academy,new staff,new players,transfer fees for sparsely (3m) (Carls info again mind?) , ok maybe we have got debt but the way Carl is making out and some ppl now that we are gonna be fucked like Wimbledon, the Malaysians got that new director on board not so long ago apparently to manage the debt and they are clever businessmen they're self so hopefully they know what they are doing with the debt and Carls figures are over exaggerated thats my take onit. Don't like all this doom and gloom about city we just need to kick on from the weekend, bad timing and quite diss appointing in my opinion by Carl if we are fucked in debt we will find out for ourselves when or if it actually does happen. 3 points Saturday support the team f**k the debt BOOM :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 am

Well we won't have to wait to long to find out the current financial position of the club as the lastest accounts are due to be filed at Companies House today.

Like almost everyone else on the forum I have no idea of the detail of the clubs debt, be it historical or current, but the one thing that interests me that no information about additional secured debt has been submitted to Companies House since October 2010.

If the TG & VT have been funding the club to the extent of £1.2m a month that would be £15m since detailsof the last secured loan was submitted. Are we now saying that they are providing funding on an unsecured basis? I don't know the answer to that but my instinct says no.

Let's wait until we see the accounts and whatever they show remember this is the first full year since TG & VT became involved. We all remember that there was no money in the club after PR spent all the ST monies from the Golden Ticket scam so of course someone had to fund the day to day running of the club.

That task no doubt fell to TG & VT and it must of cost millions so these accounts may not be very pretty but personally I won't be reaching for the razor blades just yet. These guys are here for the longterm and with every month that goes by they are working to put the club on a sustainable business footing, I have no doubt about that.

So inanswer to Carl's question in my opinion it won't continue, the historical debts will get sorted and the club will be operating on a sustainable level. But it won't happen overnight more like 3 - 5 years if you ask me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by castleblue on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 am

Like most fans I'll wait until the accounts are out before passing judgment on the state of the clubs finances. Then questions can be asked and debates continue.

Although generally a fan of Carl’s posts, one does wonder why Carl has chosen to post such an emotive and controversial post 2 days after a fabulous cup final. If Carl feels the information is important enough to share I really can’t understand why he couldn’t have waited an extra few days before posting

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:32 am

I suppose we just need some kind of comment from Steve Davies on the matter then.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:46 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:I really think we need to f**k off the politics of who does what to who and just remember we are all at the end of the day football fans, that means turning up and supporting our team and try not meddling in the politics of who has robbed who in the past and who is going to rob who in the future

I for one see myself to be very fortunate to have a football club to support, unlike the many clubs and supporters out there who face so much uncertainty

We are Cardiff City and always will be :ayatollah:

f**k me what have I missed :lol:

Pretty much nail on the head Baz. End of the day everyone on here is simply a football fan like everyone else... :ayatollah:
Politics of the club dont interest me, supporting my club and watching the good times we are currently having does though! :ayatollah: