Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New Stadium Builds

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:44 pm

right, we all know that these new bowls are taking over, no atmosphere and genrally takes all the love away

so why don't they build new stadiums like Ninian Park! what i mean is build a new and improved grandstand, all new seats and add a glass vip areas etc, then build a new grange end stand (without pillars) and stick seats in (only because we got to), build a new bob bank, all exactly like it is now, but all with seats and new stands, so you still get the old football feel, so you still got all 4 stands without this "bowl" look

do you know where im comig from? i know you won't have seats in the corners, but thats what you gotta lose to keep the supporters and the feel real, i reckon most wouldn't have minded so much then

Re: New Stadium Builds

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Ben wrote:right, we all know that these new bowls are taking over, no atmosphere and genrally takes all the love away

so why don't they build new stadiums like Ninian Park! what i mean is build a new and improved grandstand, all new seats and add a glass vip areas etc, then build a new grange end stand (without pillars) and stick seats in (only because we got to), build a new bob bank, all exactly like it is now, but all with seats and new stands, so you still get the old football feel, so you still got all 4 stands without this "bowl" look

do you know where im comig from? i know you won't have seats in the corners, but thats what you gotta lose to keep the supporters and the feel real, i reckon most wouldn't have minded so much then

Ben because stadiums like Ninian would cost double the amount, they were solid and had character.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 pm

yer, but what im saying is (this is kinda hard) take the new stadium, if you cut out a triangle on each corner you'll have 4 seprate stands, all individual, but if you made them look like the Ninian ie Big bob bank going back far, grands stand tall etc just like old ninian, rather than all the stands and seats linking all together :(

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:53 pm

in other words similar to elland road? awsome stadium with great atmosphere

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:55 pm

well no, brand new stadiums that replicate the old ones! all new metal etc exactly the same (add a few rows to each stand to riase capitey etc and add the vip rooms) because you have to have new ones to move forward, but you'll still get the old feel, it will never have the same character but will help supporters feel at home

its the way forward