Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I Saw Lee Trundle Playing For Neath on Saturday

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Our regular poster administrationdaps (aka magicdaps) might like to change his name to jadeddaps.

I watched Lee Trundle playing for Neath FC on Saturday against Prestatyn and I think he looks a bit sad now, bless him. Never mind, the beer was OK in the clubhouse and the company was good. There was even some banter with the Jacks there.

I wonder how much Trundle earns these days. Does anyone remember the naming rights report on the telly years ago? Funny how things change.

I also remember the insults towards Cardiff by Trundle and Tate at the Mill Stad and thinking "could a non-gypsy put a curse on a gypsy?"

:lol:

Re: I Saw Lee Trundle Playing For Neath on Saturday

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I think I read somewhere that he was on £2.5k a week,
I saw him when I was in Neath and they played Llanelli in front of a crowd of about 1000. He was shite that day mind :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:I wonder how much Trundle earns these days.

He's on £2k basic/wk + bonuses at Neath, so don't feel too sorry for him. He still has his Bentley to drive about in too aparently.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:09 pm

HandyLegs wrote:

He's on £2k basic/wk + bonuses at Neath, so don't feel too sorry for him. He still has his Bentley to drive about in too aparently.

I find it amusing that he plays in front of such small crowds, yet drives a Bentley and owns his naming rights.

As for his pay, well, if you know anything about Neath this season, you'll have heard that they are in serious financial trouble, hence me calling our regular Jack poster "administrationdaps" instead of "magicdaps."

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Bet he could still do a job for you boys. :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Bin man jobs taken by you sorry mate :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:24 pm

magicdaps wrote:Bet he could still do a job for you boys. :lol:

He's far too jaded and not a team player. Malky would rather play the kit man than Trundle.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Very overated. Had one or two good seasons, done a few street juggles that dont belong on the pitch, and made a decent living out of it.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Fat Jack Tw@t - hate him for that millenium stadium episode. Even worse he's a scouser too.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:03 pm

nedd glas on a serious note what was the standard like in general ?

i keep meaning to go up and watch either port talbot / afon lido or neath in the welsh premier league at some point this season . as of yet haven't had the chance .

there's no welsh prem sides within 30 miles of Cardiff :x

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:11 pm

I remember when he first moved to Neath. I think most of us were quite surprised. Accepted quite a lower wage at Neath just to stay in the area (obviously couldn't tear himself away from the Jacks), when he could still have been playing at a decent level in the league (i.e. League 1/2). tw*t :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:14 pm

My cousins the best player in the league and hes 40 this year ffs

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
HandyLegs wrote:

I find it amusing that he plays in front of such small crowds, yet drives a Bentley and owns his naming rights.

As for his pay, well, if you know anything about Neath this season, you'll have heard that they are in serious financial trouble, hence me calling our regular Jack poster "administrationdaps" instead of "magicdaps."

Didnt Kevin Cooper also play for Neath last season, I'm sure I saw him last season......I might be wrong.

Well it isnt any suprise that Neath are in financial trobule, considering the wages they been paying some players.....apparently Trundle's first season he was on 3-4k a week.....if your paying those wages, with only 100 people turning up at the gates, its their own fault in the end. They had no long term contingency plans, and some players wages might as well match the top earners of league 2 football.

Neath club is very poorly run, just because they had a money man putting large sums into the club wasnt going to last forever, especially if players are on contracts, the players would still have to be payed, even if their main financial backer pulls out.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:06 pm

kevin cooper was playing at pontyclun not so long ago but not sure if he played for someone else before moving to malay or whatever. my mate plays for afan lido and he said that neath have budgeted themselves out of the water and that they are not as good as they like to think. watch sgorio every week and hes about right,

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:09 pm

magicdaps wrote:Bet he could still do a job for you boys. :lol:

Yes we looking for a good groundsman haha :ayatollah: