Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bristol City Fans

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm

This forum is clogged up with Jacks, 90% of which bring nothing
to the forum. A few are good posters and bring good debate

Got me wondering, where are our lovely rivals from the other side of the bridge? :D

The rivalry has certainly died down since we moved from NP

Growing up in my teens, the Wurzals were our huge rivals
(still, in my opinion, our 2nd biggest after The Swans)

Re: Bristol City Fans

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:13 pm

eighty_8 wrote:This forum is clogged up with Jacks, 90% of which bring nothing

Got me wondering, where are our lovely rivals from the other side of the bridge? :D

I agree, in my younger days it was Bristol C/Bristol Rovers and Newport County were our Rivals and big rivals.
Swansea were just a joke to us.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Some good times going to them grounds.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Tubzo wrote:Some good times going to them grounds.

Some of the best ever days. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:05 pm

I don't understand what's happened to our rivalry with Bristol City - it's just disappeared over recent years and they are to blame.

They bring tiny numbers of fans to CCS, even with fewer restrictions than us, and their turn out in the FA Cup game the other season was abysmal.

I think after the 6-0 humiliation at Trashton, they've just given up on us and assume we're better.

A few of them reared their heads when they got to the play off final a few years ago but Hull put them back in their boxes.

At NP that season, there was even a bit of a fracas in the Family Stand when some of them celebrated a Tractor goal in the "corporate boxes" at the back of the Canton.

Family stand heavies soon put them in their place!

They've just become a bit of a nothing club and until they taste success, that's the way it'll stay.

Those days are gone. The rivalry is dead. :old:

"I can't read and I can't write but I can drive a tractor" "When the red robin goes bob bob bobbing along...shoot the b..." etc etc

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Halifax93 wrote:I don't understand what's happened to our rivalry with Bristol City - it's just disappeared over recent years and they are to blame.

They bring tiny numbers of fans to CCS, even with fewer restrictions than us, and their turn out in the FA Cup game the other season was abysmal.

I think after the 6-0 humiliation at Trashton, they've just given up on us and assume we're better.

A few of them reared their heads when they got to the play off final a few years ago but Hull put them back in their boxes.

At NP that season, there was even a bit of a fracas in the Family Stand when some of them celebrated a Tractor goal in the "corporate boxes" at the back of the Canton.

Family stand heavies soon put them in their place!

They've just become a bit of a nothing club and until they taste success, that's the way it'll stay.

Those days are gone. The rivalry is dead. :old:

"I can't read and I can't write but I can drive a tractor" "When the red robin goes bob bob bobbing along...shoot the b..." etc etc

Kag, It really is dead, very sad.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Correct, when i started following Cardiff, (1973) bristol city were always our rivals (as far as i,m concerned still are) the peg boys wre always in the basement!!!!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Are there any restrictions going to brizzle this season, ie bubble, exchange etc?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 pm

I still hate them

Lets hope some come on here with a bit of Banter

I think the 6-0 ruined them

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:17 pm

same here eighty 8

the brizzle derbys were our main rivals for a long time

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:22 pm

bristol citys just another game these days :(

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm

the wurzels will always be our main rivals in my eyes. I hate Scott Murray, god i'd love to snap his horrible little twatting face in half :evil:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:32 pm

the nasty edge has gone since the bubble trips started
bcfc have their own war with rovers because they are living with the enemy much like ccfc lads west of bridgend
personlly i hate the jacks above all others but the worzles are not far behind

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:the wurzels will always be our main rivals in my eyes. I hate Scott Murray, god i'd love to snap his horrible little twatting face in half :evil:

That was the last time I felt there was any real rivalry. I can still picture him doing his Ayatollah running the length of the Bob Bank. Never thought I'd miss Scott Murray!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Not a single Bristol City fan has even bothered responding. They can't even be arsed reading our message boards and posting abuse any more. HELLO - ANY WURZELS OUT THERE? AT LEAST POST SOME ABUSE ABOUT US YOU CARROT CHOMPING GITS. BANKSY, CARY GRANT, ADRIANO BASSO, ISAMBARD KINGDOM BRUNEL, SCOTT MURRAY, WALLACE AND GROMIT, THE WURZELS, SMILEY MILEY - WHERE THE FECK ARE YOU ALL?????????? OOH AAH IT'S AMBROSIA.......
:ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Somebody should post this threat on the Otib Bristol City message board. Sadly I can't be arsed, just like the Bristol fans themselves, ironic really....

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:55 pm

There is a rivalry with Cardiff City, but it's not anywhere close to the rivalry we have with the Gas. They are and always will be our bitter rivals and whilst there was much joy to be had from Cardiff losing put to Preston for the play offs in '09; your defeat to Blackpool in the final in 2010 and last years comical home defeat to Reading, it was all pretty much forgotten in a couple of days. If that was the gas I'd be all over them like a cheap suit for months and months about it.

The rivalry went up a notch in the early 2000's, but the bubble sanitised the visits to both stadiums (half the fun at Ninian was getting to and from the ground!) and as a result the rivalry has died a bit. I think that if City were up the top with Cardiff hostilities would increase, so it's always bubbling away.

Anyway, I look forward to Cardiff City's latest bottling act this season - it looks like it may already be under way!!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:57 pm

redfred wrote:

There is a rivalry with Cardiff City, but it's not anywhere close to the rivalry we have with the Gas. They are and always will be our bitter rivals and whilst there was much joy to be had from Cardiff losing put to Preston for the play offs in '09; your defeat to Blackpool in the final in 2010 and last years comical home defeat to Reading, it was all pretty much forgotten in a couple of days. If that was the gas I'd be all over them like a cheap suit for months and months about it.

The rivalry went up a notch in the early 2000's, but the bubble sanitised the visits to both stadiums (half the fun at Ninian was getting to and from the ground!) and as a result the rivalry has died a bit. I think that if City were up the top with Cardiff hostilities would increase, so it's always bubbling away.

Anyway, I look forward to Cardiff City's latest bottling act this season - it looks like it may already be under way!!

Hooray! Thanks for responding mate - there is hope after all...

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Halifax93 wrote:Somebody should post this threat on the Otib Bristol City message board. Sadly I can't be arsed, just like the Bristol fans themselves, ironic really....

We have been busy celebrating our new stadium getting the nod to go ahead. It'll put your soulless tin pot effort firmly in the shade!!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:18 pm

redfred wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:Somebody should post this threat on the Otib Bristol City message board. Sadly I can't be arsed, just like the Bristol fans themselves, ironic really....

We have been busy celebrating our new stadium getting the nod to go ahead. It'll put your soulless tin pot effort firmly in the shade!!

Will you need a new stadium in League 1? You'd have to pay your fans to turn up then wouldn't you?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 pm

There he is lol

:D Never met a decent bcfc lad serious :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 pm

redfred wrote:

Why do you need a new stadium when you can't fill the one you're allready in? I think Ashton Gate is great personally, you'll start to miss it just like we did with Ninian Park.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:31 pm

redfred wrote:

You have to admit your support is hilarious. You brought 695 to our place. I'm guessing you won't be taking too many to Tranmere, Colchester and Brentford next season then?

It's like old times this...

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Aramore wrote:
redfred wrote:

Will you need a new stadium in League 1? You'd have to pay your fans to turn up then wouldn't you?

Did Swansea need a new stadium in League Two, you might have argued? Look at them now; Wales' one and only Premier League team!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm

redfred wrote:
Aramore wrote:
redfred wrote:

Did Swansea need a new stadium in League Two, you might have argued? Look at them now; Wales' one and only Premier League team!

And it took 7 years and two promotions to fill it.

And even then they have to warn their fans not to wear Man U and Liverpool shirts to home games.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm

placid-casual wrote:There he is lol

:D Never met a decent bcfc lad serious :ayatollah:

I'm f*cking gutted..... You never met your English teacher either by the look of it.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm

redfred wrote:
Aramore wrote:
redfred wrote:

:mrgreen:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Aramore wrote:
redfred wrote:
Aramore wrote:
redfred wrote:

And even then they have to warn their fans not to wear Man U and Liverpool shirts to home games.

Seven years ain't a long time and consider where they may have been if they had stayed at the Vetch. Nowhere near the Premier League I'd guess?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:49 pm

redfred wrote:
Aramore wrote:
redfred wrote:
Aramore wrote:
redfred wrote:

Seven years ain't a long time and consider where they may have been if they had stayed at the Vetch. Nowhere near the Premier League I'd guess?

I can tell you the away fans would be nowhere near that pile of shite!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 pm

b/rovers---------- :lol: :lol: