Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'd Rather Win The Final Than Get Promoted....Wouldn't You?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 am

For this season.....

Cup finals are such rare occasions and the opportunity to tw*t Liverpool and gain international fame appeals to me more.
We can get promoted next season.

Beating Liverpool would give us a new set of admirers.
Everton, Man Utd and blah blah blah would all love it if we beat 'em.

.....Dublin is full of Pool fans so the dream for me to float around the fair city in me city shirt is more appealing than biting my nails every saturday as we struggle to get points.

success is all relative lads, enjoy it.

....International recognition and respect v clinging on for prem survival :old:

Re: I'd Rather Win The Final Than Get Promoted....Wouldn't You?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:56 am

I totally agree. Premiership is overrated anyway. Championship is much more fun and playing in Europe next year would be a right laugh! Premiership isn't going anywhere. We should make the most of these cup final opportunities whilst we can. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Definitely.....we are not ready for the Premier League, on or off the pitch. I'm not saying we shouldn't go for it, but if I could only choose one or the other, it would be to win the cup and play in Europe next season.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Europe would be deadly, the prospect of playing in Europe would also appeal to the younger more elite players.

They'd all be kicking MM's door in to sign up for us should this happen.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Both ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Nope.

Premiership Football is the future of this Club.

looking at the bigger picture I'd ACCEPT winning the League Cup and failing to
go up. Because its Malkys first season.

But given the choice...

Liverpool can f*cking have it the plastic Norwegian wankers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:16 pm

taffyapple wrote:Nope.

Premiership Football is the future of this Club.

looking at the bigger picture I'd ACCEPT winning the League Cup and failing to
go up. Because its Malkys first season.

But given the choice...

Liverpool can f*cking have it the plastic Norwegian wankers :lol: :lol: :lol:

All this future nonsense is a load of bollix gimmee a cup winner's party on Sunday :D :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Im with the oirish man on this.

Give me a major honour and a trip or three to Europe over an overated league any day.

Top six aside there bigger clubs in the championship where at least we are competetive and will get to see our team win a few games.

Can you imagine this board if we were losing week in week out in the premiership :lol:

'sack the malaysians, bring sir terry mathews in'

Nah. Give me the fun of the cup any day.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:45 pm

polo wrote:Im with the oirish man on this.

Give me a major honour and a trip or three to Europe over an overated league any day.

Top six aside there bigger clubs in the championship where at least we are competetive and will get to see our team win a few games.

Can you imagine this board if we were losing week in week out in the premiership :lol:

'sack the malaysians, bring sir terry mathews in'

Nah. Give me the fun of the cup any day.

Another thing all the feckers that are worried about the future of the club are 40+ years old.
They've been starved of success all their lives and now they have a chance of taking a major scalp for some serious rewards.
This aint a semi final and it doesn't get much bigger than playing Liverpool in a final.

....and beating them well....bajang!!!

Silly auld cnuts...I bet pussy doesn't even excite them these days :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:52 pm

I agree, the trips to Europe would be worth it, I can't see us getting promoted this year anyway.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:55 pm

History only remembers the winners, so let us make some history. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Occasional Violins wrote:History only remembers the winners, so let us make some history. :ayatollah:

Now ya sucking diesel, boy! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:For this season.....

Cup finals are such rare occasions and the opportunity to tw*t Liverpool and gain international fame appeals to me more.

.....Dublin is full of Pool fans so the dream for me to float around the fair city in me city shirt is more appealing than biting my nails every saturday as we struggle to get points.

Bang on, I couldn't care less about the Premier League, give me a Cup Final every season and I'd be happy..

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Cup for me :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Gimme a major trophy win against Liverpool all day long! Said this yesterday, but some people thought I was joking and also asked if I was insane?? I'd rather wait until Malky strengthens properly in the summer with PURCHASED players for a raid on the prem! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Merlin wrote:Gimme a major trophy win against Liverpool all day long! Said this yesterday, but some people thought I was joking and also asked if I was insane?? I'd rather wait until Malky strengthens properly in the summer with PURCHASED players for a raid on the prem! :ayatollah:

Great minds think alike...or........Fools rarely differ?

Great minds of course Merlin, great minds!..........me favourite little wizard thet ye are :old:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Win the cup, and hopefully do a Birmingham :ayatollah:. We'd be able to bring in quality players who'd like to play in europe, and have a better shot at the Premier League. No brainer :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:18 pm

MichaelSimmonjds wrote:Both ;) :ayatollah:

Only possible if we win on Sunday :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:For this season.....

yes people still haven't forgotten 1927 and a league cup win will always be on our honners list

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 pm

No.I would trade all the defeats/draws we have had for 3points per game since we knew we was in the final results speak for themself to see where the players heads have been since then :ayatollah:
4points out of 15 since then says it all :cry:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 pm

NO. The championship is our "bread & butter", & at the end of the season it separates the men from the boys. To play in the Premiership has got to be our ultimate goal,,,,,something we haven't done in fifty years.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:NO. The championship is our "bread & butter", & at the end of the season it separates the men from the boys. To play in the Premiership has got to be our ultimate goal,,,,,something we haven't done in fifty years.

50 yrs - what's the rush then? 1 more year won't hurt anybody! Let's have the trophy and do Liverpool and sort out promotion next season :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Merlin wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:NO. The championship is our "bread & butter", & at the end of the season it separates the men from the boys. To play in the Premiership has got to be our ultimate goal,,,,,something we haven't done in fifty years.

50 yrs - what's the rush then? 1 more year won't hurt anybody! Let's have the trophy and do Liverpool and sort out promotion next season :ayatollah:

Put like that, i suppose not. I just hope things get sorted pre season & we have a real, genuine push next year.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't mind waiting another year for promotion, if we trade it for victory against Liverpool and a place in Europe.

IF.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Completely agree. I read an article by Dudders the other week on about this. He sums it up perfectly

http://myonlycardiff.com/2012/02/02/why ... promotion/

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:29 pm

BREAKING NEWS eitherway we are not going to win it :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Completely agree. I read an article by Dudders the other week on about this. He sums it up perfectly

Even Shakespeare couldn't have put it better and I quote Dudders............

"When playing football in the playground as a child, nobody dreams of scoring the goal that secures 17th place in the Premiership."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:BREAKING NEWS eitherway we are not going to win it :lol:

What a cnut!!! :old:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:BREAKING NEWS eitherway we are not going to win it :lol:

What a cnut!!! :old:

or get promoted :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Completely agree. I read an article by Dudders the other week on about this. He sums it up perfectly

Good read that