Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should there had been a few blocks in Wembley for families.?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:08 am

I'm going to be signing my head off next week but because I'm not seating with the boys I must admit I do hope that there are people willing to join me in the area I'm sitting by and not the 'sit down' supporters which tried to get us to sit down the last time we were there :evil:

Re: Should there had been a few blocks in Wembley for families.?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:36 am

Block bookings were made by each of the travel clubs so like minded people could be together.

Not everyone.wants to stand at a football match. If someone is stood infront of my son I will politely ask them to sit down. Why shouldn't he have the right to enjoy the game because some inconsiderate knob wants to stand for 90 mins?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 am

Gonzo wrote:Block bookings were made by each of the travel clubs so like minded people could be together.

Not everyone.wants to stand at a football match. If someone is stood infront of my son I will politely ask them to sit down. Why shouldn't he have the right to enjoy the game because some inconsiderate knob wants to stand for 90 mins?

Right so only people who book with travel clubs have a right to seat by like minded people then..?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:40 am

Angry Man - In case you haven't noticed Wembley is all seated. I and the 5 others with me will sit down, but get to our feet in moments of exitement - as will most sensible supporters. Hope your not one of the idiots who spoilt Wembley for a lot of fans on previous visits.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:48 am

wiltshirebluebird wrote:Angry Man - In case you haven't noticed Wembley is all seated. I and the 5 others with me will sit down, but get to our feet in moments of exitement - as will most sensible supporters. Hope your not one of the idiots who spoilt Wembley for a lot of fans on previous visits.

Modern day football, don't you just hate it!!!!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 am

Yes there should. We were in the top priced lower section for the fa cup final. Kept standing up and singing when we had a chance etc not constantly standing. But the family behind who had obviously never been to a game before kept telling us to sit down if we hadn't sat down 2 seconds after a chance etc. In the end with 30misn to go they called the police over and my brother-in law got chucked out. Then they moved the family to another section. Honestly we hardly stood just when everyone else did, I had my daughter with me as did my mate, I asked the family to explain to her why they got her uncle chucked out cause he hadn't done anything wrong but they refused to even speak to us just got the police over again and asked to be moved. So yes families on their first football trip should get a section!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Angry Man wrote:
wiltshirebluebird wrote:Angry Man - In case you haven't noticed Wembley is all seated. I and the 5 others with me will sit down, but get to our feet in moments of exitement - as will most sensible supporters. Hope your not one of the idiots who spoilt Wembley for a lot of fans on previous visits.

Is that why this is only your third game this year, you think the club would have taken your valuable input and contribution into account to satisfy your personal requirements.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Is that why this is only your third game this year, you think the club would have taken your valuable input and contribution into account to satisfy your personal requirements.

Make your mind up Gwyn you stated just a few days ago that I haven't been this season. :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Gonzo wrote:Why shouldn't he have the right to enjoy the game because some inconsiderate knob wants to stand for 90 mins?

Just because someone wants to stand during a game, it doesn't mean they are an "inconsiderate knob". Indeed, if I really wanted to be as judgmental as you, I could just as easily ask why should I not have the right to enjoy the game because some inconsiderate knob wants to sit for 90 mins. Of course, I am not going to ask that, but the point remains. You think someone standing infront of you ruins the game. I think that someone whinging at me to sit down ruins the game.

As above pretty much.
And don't ignore what neeball has said. Many of these families are not sensible supporters, and will complain and whinge if someone stands up for 2 seconds!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Why shouldn't he have the right to enjoy the game because some inconsiderate knob wants to stand for 90 mins?

Just because someone wants to stand during a game, it doesn't mean they are an "inconsiderate knob". Indeed, if I really wanted to be as judgmental as you, I could just as easily ask why should I not have the right to enjoy the game because some inconsiderate knob wants to sit for 90 mins. Of course, I am not going to ask that, but the point remains. You think someone standing infront of you ruins the game. I think that someone whinging at me to sit down ruins the game.

All seater stadium. Makes you more of an inconsiderate knob in that case, since it's a hypothetical.7

Some people can't stand for prolonged periods. I've seen some of our intellectually challenged have no regard for such people, for example the elderly.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:39 pm

nerd wrote:
WelshBluebird wrote:

All seater stadium. Makes you more of an inconsiderate knob in that case, since it's a hypothetical.7

Some people can't stand for prolonged periods. I've seen some of our intellectually challenged have no regard for such people, for example the elderly.

Hense why there should have been certain blocks for certain people surely..?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Make your mind up Gwyn you stated just a few days ago that I haven't been this season. :lol:

No I didn't, I told the facts that you had been to one home game and one away game, and then in a panic took out an away membership to ensure a cup final ticket, fact Adam.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 pm

nerd wrote:
WelshBluebird wrote:

What if, hypothetically, the 10 rows infront are also standing?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:13 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

No I didn't, I told the facts that you had been to one home game and one away game, and then in a panic took out an away membership to ensure a cup final ticket, fact Adam.

Whatever you are drinking Gwyn remind me never to touch it.