Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALL THIS NONSENSE ABOUT THE SCOUSERS!!!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Over the last week, (and no doubt the coming week) i,ve read many messages about the liverpool fans will be in our end, they,ll have more fans there than us, they,ll be louder, they,ll have all the flags etc, can we please stop putting them on a pedestal, they are no better than us, in fact when we played them at anfield in the cup a few years back you could hear a pin drop at times from their end, we have been allocated the same amount of tickets as them and i,ve no doubt we will be very vocal come next sunday, as for scousers in our end well i don,t think there will be, if there is then they are in for a big shock, so please lads stop this "praising the opposition" and concentrate on ourselves because we have great support and lets show it next sunday. Remember, there is only one good thing that came out of liverpool, the beatles!!!!

Re: ALL THIS NONSENSE ABOUT THE SCOUSERS!!!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:19 am

it is bollocks! there may be a few liverpool fans scattered around our end but they wont be showing their colours and will be quiet.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 am

cityone wrote:Over the last week, (and no doubt the coming week) i,ve read many messages about the liverpool fans will be in our end, they,ll have more fans there than us, they,ll be louder, they,ll have all the flags etc, can we please stop putting them on a pedestal, they are no better than us, in fact when we played them at anfield in the cup a few years back you could hear a pin drop at times from their end, we have been allocated the same amount of tickets as them and i,ve no doubt we will be very vocal come next sunday, as for scousers in our end well i don,t think there will be, if there is then they are in for a big shock, so please lads stop this "praising the opposition" and concentrate on ourselves because we have great support and lets show it next sunday. Remember, there is only one good thing that came out of liverpool, the beatles!!!!

Totally agree with everything you say.

One thing you do have wrong tho' is Liverpool were initially given 500 more tickets and then had another 2000. Not fair in my opinion, both sides should have equal numbers. We'll just have to shout a bit louder :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 am

It wouldn't suprise me if there were a few Cardiff in the Liverpool end either. People working in that area etc.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:51 am

cityone wrote:Over the last week, (and no doubt the coming week) i,ve read many messages about the liverpool fans will be in our end, they,ll have more fans there than us, they,ll be louder, they,ll have all the flags etc, can we please stop putting them on a pedestal, they are no better than us, in fact when we played them at anfield in the cup a few years back you could hear a pin drop at times from their end, we have been allocated the same amount of tickets as them and i,ve no doubt we will be very vocal come next sunday, as for scousers in our end well i don,t think there will be, if there is then they are in for a big shock, so please lads stop this "praising the opposition" and concentrate on ourselves because we have great support and lets show it next sunday. Remember, there is only one good thing that came out of liverpool, the beatles!!!!

Spot on cityone :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:41 pm

"Thers only one good thing that came out of Liverpool", Think your being a little presumptious there friend , have a look on Wikipedia , and if you have a couple of days of spare time .....READ.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:45 pm

molineuxphil wrote:"Thers only one good thing that came out of Liverpool", Think your being a little presumptious there friend , have a look on Wikipedia , and if you have a couple of days of spare time .....READ.

If you were to ask anyone, anywhere in the world what do you associate with liverpool, 99% of them would say the beatles, (and rightly so, the greatest band ever produced) now that apart why would i as a welshman/cardiff city fan, would want to spend two days on wikipedia reading about liverpool???????????????????

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:05 pm

cityone wrote:
molineuxphil wrote:"Thers only one good thing that came out of Liverpool", Think your being a little presumptious there friend , have a look on Wikipedia , and if you have a couple of days of spare time .....READ.

If you were to ask anyone, anywhere in the world what do you associate with liverpool, 99% of them would say the beatles, (and rightly so, the greatest band ever produced) now that apart why would i as a welshman/cardiff city fan, would want to spend two days on wikipedia reading about liverpool???????????????????

To help you in the case of a pub quiz? :old:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:41 pm

cityone wrote:

To educate your self ,just pointing out that Liverpool has more to its past than just the Fab Four.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:17 am

But if that is Cityone's personal opinion about the merits of Liverpool, who are you to say he is wrong? Your personal opinion might be different, but each has its own merit.

Personally, having visited that city a number of times, and being reasonably well educated, I think it is a shithole. And I can't stand The Beatles either!