Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I BACK THE MALAYSIANS

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Without them we wouldn't even be a Cardiff City. They saved us from administration and extinction :ayatollah:

Re: I BACK THE MALAYSIANS

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Without them we wouldn't even be a Cardiff City. They saved us from administration and extinction :ayatollah:

I think they are more interested in using Cardiff City Fc as a marketing source for their business ventures, i dont see them being here for the love of Cardiff City Fc.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Anyone that doesn't is a fool.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:04 pm

nobby wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:Without them we wouldn't even be a Cardiff City. They saved us from administration and extinction :ayatollah:

I think they are more interested in using Cardiff City Fc as a marketing source for their business ventures, i dont see them being here for the love of Cardiff City Fc.

Yeah cos we are such a huge marketing tool in global trade :lol:

i mean how the f**k did VT become a billionaire without us :lol:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:06 pm

nobby wrote:

That's fine with me.
No Cardiff fan had the financial power to save us. What clubs have owners who are previous fans? Very few.

I'd be more concerned if they had no love for the club and were throwing money about like Pompey did.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:09 pm

polo wrote:
nobby wrote:

So what do you see when you look around the stadium, also when we were live on sky before they were promoting Malaysia day etc to a WORLDWIDE audience, that was through our club.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:10 pm

nobby wrote:
polo wrote:
nobby wrote:

So what do you see when you look around the stadium, also when we were live on sky before they were promoting Malaysia day etc to a WORLDWIDE audience, that was through our club.

They PAID for that advertising.

I mean shall we just do away with advertising all together?

Ps its their club as well.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:18 pm

polo wrote:
nobby wrote:
polo wrote:
nobby wrote:

Did they pay for players in Jan though?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:20 pm

nobby wrote:
polo wrote:
nobby wrote:
polo wrote:
nobby wrote:

o what do you see when you look around the stadium, also when we were live on sky before they were promoting Malaysia day etc to a WORLDWIDE audience, that was through our club.

ps its their club as well.

Did they save this club and are they keeping it afloat?

I dont think a few malaysian banners in return is so bad is it?

Would you rather we have the Riddler back ?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:24 pm

i agree with you on that subject , although as i have stated on here some of the going ons have been abit odd!! i will say this season has been the most enjoyable to watch city for along time, at least dont get nervous near the end of the game when we are 3 up! :P i believe it will take 2seasons to have squad capable of sustaining a challenge, but thats not to say this season is over far from it!.. in deed 2or 3wins on the trot will alter things drasticaly as they say always look on the bright side of life! :roll: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm

think they are more interested in using Cardiff City Fc as a marketing source for their business ventures, i dont see them being here for the love of Cardiff City Fc.[/quote]

i mean how the f**k did VT become a billionaire without us :lol:[/quote]
o what do you see when you look around the stadium, also when we were live on sky before they were promoting Malaysia day etc to a WORLDWIDE audience, that was through our club.[/quote]
ps its their club as well.[/quote]

Did they pay for players in Jan though?[/quote]

Did they save this club and are they keeping it afloat?

I dont think a few malaysian banners in return is so bad is it?

Would you rather we have the Riddler back ?[/quote]

No but i would prefer to have owners who are football minded and are willing to speculate to accumulate when we are in a prime position to make that final push, but who am i im just another fan.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:41 pm

nobby wrote:
polo wrote:
nobby wrote:
polo wrote:
nobby wrote:

The money was there, the players moves were blocked. Please dont post such nonsense next time, you sound as bad as MG.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:48 pm

The money was there, the players moves were blocked. Please dont post such nonsense next time, you sound as bad as MG.[/quote]

I am also entitled to my own opinion, wether you feel its nonsense or not is your perogative, can you actually prove its nonsense, bookmark this thread and get back to me in a few months and see how you feel then.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:55 pm

nobby wrote:The money was there, the players moves were blocked. Please dont post such nonsense next time, you sound as bad as MG.

I am also entitled to my own opinion, wether you feel its nonsense or not is your perogative, can you actually prove its nonsense, bookmark this thread and get back to me in a few months and see how you feel then.[/quote]

Well yes if you gave me time to find the links, Sordell said in the newspapers that he was on his way to Cardiff and then got told by his agent to turn back around coz Bolton had put in a last min bid and he couldnt refuse it.

Noone, Poyet admitted thought he was on his way out and then the chairman came back from holiday and blocked the move. Nothing can be done about that. Look at Modric at Totenham start of the season, was destined to leave for Chelsea till the chairman blocked any transfer request and any transfer activity regarding him. Cant be helped.

Phillips? Holloway mocked the bid saying it was "Miles off target and valuation", Malky openly said in a web chat that he had bid £1 mill. If a club see a player worth more than they are (Holloway done it with Charlie Adam remember, £16 million for a buck toothed thug that can pass a ball? Not worth it in the slightest) then we arent gonna go over the top to get him.

I appologise, i came over a bit too harsly, but all this negativity is really starting to piss me off. Fans are expecting Real Madrid amounts of money :roll:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 pm

LWay wrote:
nobby wrote:The money was there, the players moves were blocked. Please dont post such nonsense next time, you sound as bad as MG.

I am also entitled to my own opinion, wether you feel its nonsense or not is your perogative, can you actually prove its nonsense, bookmark this thread and get back to me in a few months and see how you feel then.

Well yes if you gave me time to find the links, Sordell said in the newspapers that he was on his way to Cardiff and then got told by his agent to turn back around coz Bolton had put in a last min bid and he couldnt refuse it.

Noone, Poyet admitted thought he was on his way out and then the chairman came back from holiday and blocked the move. Nothing can be done about that. Look at Modric at Totenham start of the season, was destined to leave for Chelsea till the chairman blocked any transfer request and any transfer activity regarding him. Cant be helped.

Phillips? Holloway mocked the bid saying it was "Miles off target and valuation", Malky openly said in a web chat that he had bid £1 mill. If a club see a player worth more than they are (Holloway done it with Charlie Adam remember, £16 million for a buck toothed thug that can pass a ball? Not worth it in the slightest) then we arent gonna go over the top to get him.

I appologise, i came over a bit too harsly, but all this negativity is really starting to piss me off. Fans are expecting Real Madrid amounts of money :roll:[/quote]

No need to apologise, i know what the papers have said etc, but the reality is how much did we actually spend in January, those are the facts. im not expecting huge amounts to be spent either, but was hoping for at least 3 new quality signings in Jan, but has it happenend. Im not being too negative here, just a worried fan and from previous promises from previous regimes not coming to fruition it just worries me again we are being led down the wrong path yet again. Also when the year ending annual accounts are presented to the public let me know your thoughts then.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:04 pm

nobby wrote:
LWay wrote:

I appologise, i came over a bit too harsly, but all this negativity is really starting to piss me off. Fans are expecting Real Madrid amounts of money :roll:

No need to apologise, i know what the papers have said etc, but the reality is how much did we actually spend in January, those are the facts. im not expecting huge amounts to be spent either, but was hoping for at least 3 new quality signings in Jan, but has it happenend. Im not being too negative here, just a worried fan and from previous promises from previous regimes not coming to fruition it just worries me again we are being led down the wrong path yet again. Also when the year ending annual accounts are presented to the public let me know your thoughts then.[/quote]

No matter what the accounts say im gonna back the board, back the manager and back the team. We should be getting behind them not moaning.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:07 pm

LWay wrote:
nobby wrote:
LWay wrote:

No need to apologise, i know what the papers have said etc, but the reality is how much did we actually spend in January, those are the facts. im not expecting huge amounts to be spent either, but was hoping for at least 3 new quality signings in Jan, but has it happenend. Im not being too negative here, just a worried fan and from previous promises from previous regimes not coming to fruition it just worries me again we are being led down the wrong path yet again. Also when the year ending annual accounts are presented to the public let me know your thoughts then.

No matter what the accounts say im gonna back the board, back the manager and back the team. We should be getting behind them not moaning.[/quote]

I will be there through thick and thin to, always have always will. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Good! Its nice to see positivity again from you Nobby! :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:10 pm

The Malaysians saved this club from going under. For that we should be grateful. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:15 pm

LWay wrote:Good! Its nice to see positivity again from you Nobby! :lol: :ayatollah:

Whilst we have this ever lingering debt hanging over our clubs head i think i will always have the fear of doubt in my mind regardless of who the owners are, its not just a gripe at the current regime, as ive already said as long as we have this debt the worries will always linger. Wether people think thats a negative thing or not thats their choice, but one thing i know i will ALWAYS renew my season ticket wether were in the football league or not, its not all about success, i started watching City in 89 when crowds were around 3000 and we took about 2 supporters buses to away games, so i aint no glory hunter either. :lol: :ayatollah: