Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When we wanted the Riddler gone !!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:57 pm

All we wanted was for this Club to cut cloth. We were and still are fed up with Debts and the threat of closure. So why is it an awful lot on here are wanting the Malaysians to spend big again. In my opinion we need to do this the right way, maybe it will take longer and we will have to put up with the Jacks playing in a higher League but we need to do this the right way.
Leicester have spent spent and spent and where are they ? The Players we have need to stand up and be counted get there form back and we will back them till the hilt. Swansea done it thread bare last season and Blackpool did it the same way the season before.

Re: When we wanted the Riddler gone !!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:All we wanted was for this Club to cut cloth. We were and still are fed up with Debts and the threat of closure. So why is it an awful lot on here are wanting the Malaysians to spend big again. In my opinion we need to do this the right way, maybe it will take longer and we will have to put up with the Jacks playing in a higher League but we need to do this the right way.
Leicester have spent spent and spent and where are they ? The Players we have need to stand up and be counted get there form back and we will back them till the hilt. Swansea done it thread bare last season and Blackpool did it the same way the season before.

Just to strengthen when we are so near Steve.
They say they tried to spend £5 mill in Jan. :shock:

I would of been happy with 3 or 4 quality players and I believe Malky would of finished the job.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Agreed, I just set up a new thread about this :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm

We have fickle fans with amazingly short memories. Even if we spent 10m in jan, if we didn't go up that would soon be forgotten and more money demanded in the summer, them next jan etc etc.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Instead we sit back and build up more and more debt owned to the malaysians where i can not see any possible way how they are going to get any sort of big money return to match what they have supposed to have put in to the club unless we get to the prem but we do not have the squad to do it even MM has said that all along so which one is it to be,clearly its the sit and build up more debt because when we are out of the top 6 in the next 2weeks or so thats are season over.Come may we will have speech from MM with " WE NEEDED MORE PLAYERS TO STAY UP THERE" seems odd to me :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We have fickle fans with amazingly short memories. Even if we spent 10m in jan, if we didn't go up that would soon be forgotten and more money demanded in the summer, them next jan etc etc.

everyone can see that we need a couple of players. city mentioned the 3mil bid for 1 player, prior to this we were all taking about players we could attract for 500k etc..

we are not asking for a 3mil player, but just 2 or 3 loans that are going to benefit all, improve the squad, allow certain players a rest and give us the depth that we are lacking.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:10 pm

surely this is what you have a manager for ,if players are tired or out of form, pick others from your squad, imo our SQUAD is good enough, but not being used well , regarding millions to spend in jan, it is not the same as spending on loans ,if we spent 4 million on signing players they become our asset ,what ever we spend on loans is gone when the loan is up, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: come on gents lets get real

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:12 pm

I really don't believe we had those millions to spend. Just a ruse IMO

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We have fickle fans with amazingly short memories. Even if we spent 10m in jan, if we didn't go up that would soon be forgotten and more money demanded in the summer, them next jan etc etc.

Some fickle fans like myself remeber the days when we would struggle to get 3000 crowds, yes weve come a long way since them days, but when we yet again get so close to the promised land its frustrating that YET again we fail to capatilise on the transfer window and increase and improve our squad with some quality. West Ham and Southampton have done it and where are they now.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:surely this is what you have a manager for ,if players are tired or out of form, pick others from your squad, imo our SQUAD is good enough, but not being used well , regarding millions to spend in jan, it is not the same as spending on loans ,if we spent 4 million on signing players they become our asset ,what ever we spend on loans is gone when the loan is up, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: come on gents lets get real

generally at this time of the season you only pay a percentage of the players wage and possible not even a fee as the parent club is happy for the player to play 1st team football.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:All we wanted was for this Club to cut cloth. We were and still are fed up with Debts and the threat of closure. So why is it an awful lot on here are wanting the Malaysians to spend big again. In my opinion we need to do this the right way, maybe it will take longer and we will have to put up with the Jacks playing in a higher League but we need to do this the right way.

Just to strengthen when we are so near Steve.
They say they tried to spend £5 mill in Jan. :shock:

I would of been happy with 3 or 4 quality players and I believe Malky would of finished the job.

ias annis has said nukes,we dont need to spend big,just spend something,a couple of loans is what is needed now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:16 pm

This basically.