Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS HUDSON FIT FOR LIVERPOOL?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:45 pm

If so, does he go straight back in alongside Turner?

Or, if he's not fit, will Blake or Gerrard play?

Personally I think we've missed the captain big time and if he's not fit I'd start Darcy Blake at centre back.

Re: IS HUDSON FIT FOR LIVERPOOL?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:48 pm

If he is fit he MUST play.

Gerrard should be dropped for Blake IMO or if not then Keinan

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If he is fit he MUST play.

Gerrard hasn't been great - but neither have a few others.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:53 pm

NickPenarth wrote:

Im not blaming him for the blip, he has tried his best but just simply isnt good enough

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Blake and Turner, please.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Suarez will run rings around Gerrard im afraid :roll: Blakey and Turner for me :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
NickPenarth wrote:

Im not blaming him for the blip, he has tried his best but just simply isnt good enough

I agree on Gerrard.

Wrap Hudson in cotton wool and get him on the pitch

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:00 pm

NickPenarth wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
NickPenarth wrote:

I agree on Gerrard.

Wrap Hudson in cotton wool and get him on the pitch

Too early for him, I think. That would be a gamble and we can't afford to gamble against Liverpool.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Can't agree that Hudson has to play and I've posted my reasoning on a couple of other threads!

Here's what I posted earlier:-

I think that Darcy should start against Liverpool and I'd play him alongside Turner!

Although I thought Gerrard was playing slightly better than Hudson when Turner came into the side and was unlucky to have been dropped, Gerrard's performances have been decidedly average at best, since Hudson got injured!

Even if Hudson was fit for the Cup Final, I'd still play Darcy alongside Turner, as Wembley is a big pitch and with Hudson just coming back from several weeks out, I think he'd struggle!

I know Darcy has his failings and that his distribution is poor on occasion (As well as McNaughton btw), I think that Darcy's pace could be very effective in combatting Liverpool's pacey frontline of Suarez, Bellamy, Downing and possibly Kuyt!

We'd lose a bit of height with Darcy in the side and Carroll could cause us problems should he play, but I think Darcy's pace would be more beneficial than height on such a big pitch!

Darcy's also played there and marked Rooney out of the match for 90 minutes fairly recently and my starting back four would be:-

McNaughton, Blake, Turner & Taylor!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Blake has proved his experience against the big men for Wales against England. Blake and Turner please :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

Can't agree that Hudson has to play and I've posted my reasoning on a couple of other threads!

Here's what I posted earlier:-

I think that Darcy should start against Liverpool and I'd play him alongside Turner!

Although I thought Gerrard was playing slightly better than Hudson when Turner came into the side and was unlucky to have been dropped, Gerrard's performances have been decidedly average at best, since Hudson got injured!

Even if Hudson was fit for the Cup Final, I'd still play Darcy alongside Turner, as Wembley is a big pitch and with Hudson just coming back from several weeks out, I think he'd struggle!

I know Darcy has his failings and that his distribution is poor on occasion (As well as McNaughton btw), I think that Darcy's pace could be very effective in combatting Liverpool's pacey frontline of Suarez, Bellamy, Downing and possibly Kuyt!

We'd lose a bit of height with Darcy in the side and Carroll could cause us problems should he play, but I think Darcy's pace would be more beneficial than height on such a big pitch!

Darcy's also played there and marked Rooney out of the match for 90 minutes fairly recently and my starting back four would be:-

McNaughton, Blake, Turner & Taylor!

OK, we get it :lol: I agree though; Hudson will, in all probability, be a bit too short of the desired match-fitness for Sunday's game, but Malky will probably consider him regardless. All this depends on whether he's actually fit at all, mind :lol:

Gerrard is decent back-up, but I concur with the majority on here in preferring Blake to step in if he's dropped for the final.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I was only repeating myself, because people keep on starting new threads on the same topic! :)

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Overthemoon wrote:I was only repeating myself, because people keep on starting new threads on the same topic! :)

I guess it's quite a bit easier to copy and paste :lol: