Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

trevor francis debut

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm

my dad has just told me that i saw trevor(jaspor carrot) francis make his debut at ninian park .came on as a sustitute for the zulus,anyone remember this or is the old fella loosing it .dates score sides like to here if anyone remembers

Re: trevor francis debut

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:02 pm

crackajack wrote:my dad has just told me that i saw trevor(jaspor carrot) francis make his debut at ninian park .came on as a sustitute for the zulus,anyone remember this or is the old fella loosing it .dates score sides like to here if anyone remembers

Francis made his full Blues debut against Cardiff at Ninian Park in September 1970, aged 16.
http://www.birminghamcity-mad.co.uk/fea ... ndex.shtml

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 pm

If I remember right we won 2 - 0, Gary Bell was the fullback marking him........

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Whatever you read, Trevor Francis did not make his full league debut at Ninian Park, he made his full league debut at Birminghams ground, I was there with my Brum cousin, who said to me we (Brum) are going to get hammered today as all we got up front is a 16 year old starting the game :o

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Francis made his league debut as a substitute against us. I was there. He came on for the last 10-15 minutes, managed to hit the post and cause us all sorts of trouble. He was 16 years old at the time, I think.Made his first full appearance shortly afterwards.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm not sure how long after he made his debut but I remember Trevor Francis scored a hat-trick against us, at St. Andrew's I guess, and he was only about 17 at the time.
Don Murray told me at the time that Francis was the best player he had ever played against - he said he just couldn't get near him, he was just too quick and skilful.